Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you could pick from the European catalog, what would you get?

Offline bingofuel

Sorry for the semi-double post, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the topic of my other thread.  I will be flying through Zurich next month and am probably going to pick up a few Euro-only SAKs.  For those of us in North America, if you could choose from the European catalog, which models would you get?  So far I'm thinking of a "wood" Wenger and a blue "eloxy" patriot.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Grab the "Mike Horn Special" if you see one.

The Woods are nice.
There are several NewRanger models we don't get in the states.   NewRangers with corkscrews are usually European-only.
The Touring 174 is especially interesting because it has the bit driver.
The Euro Climber — last SAK made with the long nail file — If you can't see the back, look for scissors and main blade coming out the same end.
European version of Swisstool Spirit (with scissors and regular blade).

R

Offline thaugen

If you're staying in Zurich then I recommend shopping at Teddy's Souvenir Shop (near Gross Munster on the Limmat River) and Mengs Cutlery (on Rennweg off Bahnhofstrasse).  In my opinion they are two of the best SAK stores in Zurich.  

To answer your post, you can often find the old style magnifying glass Vic Explorers and Champs in the swiss shops.  I've even purchased the display model to get the old style magnifying glass.  You can also still find the 08 date stamp alox soldiers in most stores here in Zurich (a personal favorite).

us Offline bren10man

This one:

http://www.wenger.ch/scripts/Modules/Products/listOne.aspx?idProducts=99&idn=92

I bought this one last summer, before I went to the States on leave from Korea.  The one I bought, however, did not have the key ring, which I thought degraded its functionability (I prefer to tie off everything to prevent loss).  This one does have it....I gave it away as a gift, so I need to get another one.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

If you're staying in Zurich then I recommend shopping at Teddy's Souvenir Shop (near Gross Munster on the Limmat River) and Mengs Cutlery (on Rennweg off Bahnhofstrasse).  In my opinion they are two of the best SAK stores in Zurich.  

To answer your post, you can often find the old style magnifying glass Vic Explorers and Champs in the swiss shops.  I've even purchased the display model to get the old style magnifying glass.  You can also still find the 08 date stamp alox soldiers in most stores here in Zurich (a personal favorite).

Think you can find a Wenger STG-90 Assault Rifle SAK for me?!?!?!?!?! :gimme:
MOLON LABE!

Offline Ben X

Any chance the standard blade Spirit s/scissors is as cheap there as the standard spirits are here?
"

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
I'd get a red Swiss Grip, if not available then the Swiss Grip leather sheath can fill the void  :cheers:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Black oxide cap crimper Spirit for me please :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence

(Image removed from quote.)

Bob I need one of these more then air  :o Regardless if I can afford it or not  :(  If you find any info on its availability please let me know . And of course Vice Versa  ;)

Dunc

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Bob I need one of these more then air  :o Regardless if I can afford it or not  :(  If you find any info on its availability please let me know . And of course Vice Versa  ;)

Dunc

Will do of course Duncan! :salute:  Right now it seems Noth has provided the best leads on them. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Grab the "Mike Horn Special" if you see one.

The Woods are nice.
There are several NewRanger models we don't get in the states.   NewRangers with corkscrews are usually European-only.
The Touring 174 is especially interesting because it has the bit driver.
The Euro Climber — last SAK made with the long nail file — If you can't see the back, look for scissors and main blade coming out the same end.
European version of Swisstool Spirit (with scissors and regular blade).

HAow about that Red "Ranger-grip" Def showed us??
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline bingofuel

Thanks for the tips.  I was only planning to pass through on transit, but I might have to make a quick stopover at this rate.  Do you know of anyone who might have some vintage alox models for sale?

Offline Ben X

Oops, my intended question was do they have the sought after spirit with the plain edge and the scissors.
"

Offline thaugen

The Spirit with plain edge and scissors is available, but it cost 126.00 CHF. You won't be able to do much bargain hunting in Switzerland - all prices are within a few CHF...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%