Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got my Juice back.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Got my Juice back.
on: April 06, 2007, 05:10:30 AM
Ok, so a few years ago, when I still lived in up North, I had a purple Juice XE6.  It was pretty cool.  However, one of the backsprings broke off, and, not knowing any better, I threw it away.  I've regretted ever since I knew about Leatherman's warranty.  Well, whatever.  Today, I took the wife and kid to visit my mother, who just moved down here, and low and behold, she gave me back my Juice.  She says she found it in the garbage, and thought it had fallen in by accident, and put it away, to give it to me later, and had forgotten about it, until the move down here, when she found it packed in a box.  So now I have my Juice back, and was intending to send it back to Leatherman, but the spring is on the back of the large flat head screw driver, so I'm not sure if I should.  I can always use the next screw driver over if I need it.  I rarely use the drivers anyway, so I may just keep it as is, flaw and all.  It adds character in a way, you know?  Of course, since I hear that often LM just sends you back a new tool, I may get the grey XE6, which is cool, but I kind've like the Purple.  If I drop it in the grass, I can find it easily.  I might just keep this little bad boy and put it to work immediately.   

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Got my Juice back.
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:51:01 AM
I've never heard a Juice backspring breaking before. Weird. Can you post a picture?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:04 PM
There's nothiong wrong with keeping a trusted old friend around.  You can try contacting Leatherman and ask if a repair job is a possibility though, or you can just send it in.  They usually replace it with the same color as the old one, so there's very little chance of getting a grey one back.

The reason they replace them with a new tool is that the repair guys take a certain amount of time to repair them, and Leatherman wants you to get a tool back ASAP.  Rather than have you wait "X" amount of time for your tool (at which point you may go out and buy another brand!) they just send out a new one.

Remember, most sane individuals only have (or need) one multitool.  I am just glad that there's very few of them around here! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline joebw

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:41:24 AM
Hii Bob,

I gave my hunting parner one of the early Juice models right after they came out.  It ended up with a broken backspring.  I returned it to Leatherman who sent a repaired (or replacedf) Juice ASAP.

Best - Joe

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD