Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hobbies

PWork · 18 · 4593

Offline PWork

Hobbies
on: September 13, 2006, 07:40:54 AM
What's everyone do in their "spare" time?

Me, hunting, fishing, woodsbumming, whittling, and pretty much anything nature oriented.

Oh, and spending entorely too much time on the forums. :P

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Hobbies
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:57:46 AM
I don't have much spare time. But when I do I like to do yard work and mess around in my shop. It's not much of a shop more like a glorified shed.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:46:38 AM
I work at my job in my "spare" time and when it's time to get serious I play Unreal Tournament! :P

I like to take my dog out, usually to a wooded park near where I live.  Other than that, I pretty much stay close to home.  Ever since I screwed up my foot, going out too much can be painful.  I spend alot of time working around the house, be it home improvements or building these darned websites!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Sharpdogs

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 04:45:32 PM
Mostly hanging out with dogs, sometimes I let the wife tag along.  When I have more free time I hike and go target shooting.  Lately there seems little free time to do anything but work.
w

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:31:23 PM
in my spare time (latelly is not much) y like to climbing and walk in the local woods, i am thinking about starting mountainering, maybe late this year

Esteban

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:09:41 PM
Marc- what kind of dogs do you have?  I'm owned by an 8 year old Siberian Husky. 
Def
Nooky.jpg
* Nooky.jpg (Filesize: 32.49 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:50:32 PM
My hobby is rock climbing and walking my dogs when I am at home (at am currently at uni).  The only problem with climbing is that I have not found a reason to carry a multitool yet  ???  I do have a SAK so I can cut my toenails so my rock boots will fit on but I have not needed any pliers yet.
E

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 07:53:04 PM
I walk or ride a recumbent bicycle outdoors each day.    Enjoy crossword puzzles. 

Am also "into" shortwave and scanner radio monitoring, ham radio, metal detecting, woodworking, and writing free software.  But, I have not been as active in those lately since I rediscovered multitools, pocket knives, and LED flashlights.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 10:21:05 PM
1. Posting with my buddies on the multi tool plierhead league
2. Posting with my buddies in SOSAK,KF,BF,BBF and a few fishing sites.
3. Spin Fishing, Bar Fishing,Fly Fishing,Float Fishing,Boat Fishing...well you get the idea!
4. Shootin'
5. Rock Hounding and gold panning.....junior at that but the boys and I are learning.....we have found some cool stones and fossils and a few specks of gold!!
6.Playing the only two PS2 Games I like, Red Dead Revolver and GUN
7.Watching,collecting and chatting online about Western Movies esp Spaghetti Westerns
8.NFL FOOTBALL AND CFL FOOTBALL....oh Colorful Enunciation the Lions are on TV
9.HOCKEY
10.Book collecting esp Military books dealing with the years 1850 to 1950
11.Plastic scale modelling
12.SEX......UMMMM actually number 1.... >:D
13.Watches....I own about 15 good quality watches from Seikos to Swiss Military(wenger in Canada)......next on the list a Vic watch
14.Knives,Multi Tools
15.Swimming
16.Coin collecting
17.BBQ'ING
18.Good Cigars,Imported and Craft Brews and of course Single Malt....finished off a six pack of RED STRIPE Jamaican Beer.....wonderful.

I think I need to specalize in just a few,but I seem to go hard on say movies for awhile, then it might fishing etc.....but Knives and Tools go almost everywhere with me.
I like old radios and stuff like that and could get into the shortwave radio and cb thing,also the thread on metal detectors intriques me.......maybe find some watches knives and coins  heheheh

Kap
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 10:25:19 PM by Kapt Kopter »
I

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 10:23:21 PM
I work at my job in my "spare" time and when it's time to get serious I play Unreal Tournament! :P

I like to take my dog out, usually to a wooded park near where I live.  Other than that, I pretty much stay close to home.  Ever since I screwed up my foot, going out too much can be painful.  I spend alot of time working around the house, be it home improvements or building these darned websites!
Def
Def, you do a damn fine job of building this website.......very easy to use and navigate and easy on the eyes!
You should be proud of this site its excellent!!!
I

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:35 AM
I haven't played GUN but Red Dead Revolver is one of me and my stepsons favorites.
"

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 10:53:29 PM
Prime Gun is also very good with a few more places in the towns you can visit, but I prefer the controls and music and Spaghetti Western Style of RED DEAD REVOLVER. all the music and most of the scenes come from SW movies, they realy did their home work!
Gun is cool too, Kris Kristopherson is the voice of the main characters Dad......
Both good but I rate Red Dead higher for sure......they are working on a RDR 2 as we speak as it was a big success.
I like how they made the graphics grainy like the SW movies and almost all the music is from the original SW movies just like many of the scenes such as the bridge level.......taken from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and the level where the Boss drags around a machine Gun just like Franco Nero did in the classic SW Django.

Cheers,
Kap
I

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 12:13:49 AM
My hobby is rock climbing and walking my dogs when I am at home (at am currently at uni).  The only problem with climbing is that I have not found a reason to carry a multitool yet  ???  I do have a SAK so I can cut my toenails so my rock boots will fit on but I have not needed any pliers yet.

try using the plier to take a cooking pot from fire :), there you have your reason

Esteban

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:47 AM

Me and my stepsons will have to check GUN out. When we got RDR my youngest stepson became obsessed with it.  We went to the dollar store one day they had a cheap cowboy gun set with two guns, a belt and holsters.  He wore that thing for month.  He hung it by his bed when he slept.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 09:39:34 AM by prime77 »
"

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:53 PM
What's everyone do in their "spare" time?

Metal Detecting ( Mar to Dec )

Repair fountain pens - winter time ( Jan + Feb )

Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 02:53:38 AM
Metal Detecting ( Mar to Dec )

Repair fountain pens - winter time ( Jan + Feb )

Softball, fishing ( May to Sept )

Shovel snow, repair snow blower - winter time (Oct to April )
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 03:38:44 AM
I'm so lazy I don't even have a snowblower to repair...

::)

Def

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:31 PM
Walking,woods traipsing,bicycling,history buff..esp the Amer Civil War...and hey ! another plastic scale modeler !!
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD