Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM Blast

us Offline specgrade

LM Blast
on: May 04, 2009, 03:37:59 PM
 I was at Walmart looking at the knives on display and wondering what I should buy with a $25 gift card. There was a Blast laying on the bottom of the case with a sticker that read Original Price $44.98 New Price $25. The blister pack had never been open so I asked why the mark down and the guy said they were not going to carry that model anymore. I grabbed up the last one they had. It came with a leather carry case, but, I found it was too bulky for me so I use the nylon case that came with my Core. The only thing I don't like is the teeny tiny reversable screwdriver. I almost ran it through my hand trying to put it back in its place after pulling it out!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: LM Blast
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:50:39 PM
You did yourself a huge favor getting that kind of bargain. A lot of people aren't all that thrilled with the mini bit driver,but some are,including my wife. She decided she wanted her own tool for her crafting projects,and chose the Blast as the best option for her.
I

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
I think Wal-Mart is just not carrying Leatherman anymore. At least that's what it looks like.
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

us Offline turbov21

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:23 PM
specgrade, that's how I came about getting my Blast month.  $25 is a steal for such a marvelous tool.  Congratulations on the acquisition.  :cheers:

I think Wal-Mart is just not carrying Leatherman anymore. At least that's what it looks like.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.  The Wal-Mart in town has the Blast and Surge on sale, but the Wave, Core, and Skeletool are still their regular price.

us Offline specgrade

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:04:41 PM
You did yourself a huge favor getting that kind of bargain. A lot of people aren't all that thrilled with the mini bit driver,but some are,including my wife. She decided she wanted her own tool for her crafting projects,and chose the Blast as the best option for her.

I guess the mini driver would be okay for the small screws on glasses. My kids' toys have really small philips screws on them too. I just had to figure out what way the bit went back in.  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:08:13 PM by specgrade »

us Offline specgrade

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:05:52 PM
specgrade, that's how I came about getting my Blast month.  $25 is a steal for such a marvelous tool.  Congratulations on the acquisition.  :cheers:

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.  The Wal-Mart in town has the Blast and Surge on sale, but the Wave, Core, and Skeletool are still their regular price.

My Walmart had a lot of Gerber products and very little LM. Oh and thanks for the props! A steal it was!!

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 10:10:59 PM

Which is interesting because some are clearing out the Core as well.

I wonder if Leatherman refused to lower prices for Wal-Mart's buying policy, or if sales are just poor......

As for the mini-driver I have:
-Fixed my glasses countless times
-Opened numerous small battery compartments
-Tightened the screws on sound cable connectors
-Adjusted the gain on wireless mic packs

Safe enough to say I miss it when I don't have it.

Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 10:21:40 PM
 :tu: The Blast is a great all arounder :cheers: That is a great price for it as well :D

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:21 PM
I like the Blast too. A nice compact multi with a long reach phillips driver  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline specgrade

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:27:17 PM
"-Adjusted the gain on wireless mic packs"

I too have to work on an audio system for a conference room at my work and that mini driver would be just right for that small plastic gain screw! Thanks for the heads up! :salute:

us Offline specgrade

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:32 PM
I like the Blast too. A nice compact multi with a long reach phillips driver  :)

That philips head is the reason I liked my Core so much. I was happy to see it included with my Blast!  :tu:

us Offline specgrade

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:30:30 PM
:tu: The Blast is a great all arounder :cheers: That is a great price for it as well :D

Hey thanks! Now I gotta get me one of these  :sak: 
 Too Funny!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69