Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Camera pictures

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Camera pictures
on: April 09, 2007, 04:13:31 PM
The benefit of having multiple cameras!

My big Kodak z650:

6.1 mp
10x Optical/5x advanced digital

Def
Camera02.JPG
* Camera02.JPG (Filesize: 31.29 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Camera pictures
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:15:51 PM
My "beater" camera:

HP PhotoSmart E327:

5.0 mp
5x digital

Def
Camera01.JPG
* Camera01.JPG (Filesize: 31.59 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:18:16 PM
My old beater:

DigiGr8:

3.1mp
4x digital zoom

I think the switch is broken on this one- it works well when you hold it on, and if anyone wants it, let me know.

Def
Camera03.JPG
* Camera03.JPG (Filesize: 43.39 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:24:29 PM
My analogue video camera, a Samsung SCW87 with 22x optical zoom and 880x digital.

All of my digitals use SD cards and have full motion video and sound.

Def
Camera04.JPG
* Camera04.JPG (Filesize: 52.08 KB)

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:31:17 PM
Since I dont have two cameras (dont really count phone cameras) Ill post some generic pics of my camera from the net (since my camera is in brand new condition, looks identical), will give people a feel for what it looks like.

The specification and review of the camera can be found here: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/z5.html

Its a konica minolta dimage z5 (silver/grey colour as opposed to black), 5mp with 12 optical zoom and 4 digital. Records movies at 640x480 with sound. Uses SD cards.

konica-minolta-dimage-z5-back.jpg
* konica-minolta-dimage-z5-back.jpg (Filesize: 28.58 KB)
konica-minolta-dimage-z5-front.jpg
* konica-minolta-dimage-z5-front.jpg (Filesize: 25.57 KB)

* konica-minolta-dimage-z5-top.jpg (Filesize: 28.01 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 04:55:40 PM
I was looking at one of those as well.  My old "good" camera was a Kodak and I like how simple they make everything, so I decided to stay with them.  Besides, the price was right, although they have now dropped by almost $100 since I bought mine. :(

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:02:50 PM
Here's the same shot done with both my current cameras.  As you can see, the HP isn't quite as nice as the Kodak, but no slouch.  Bear in mind these were taken through dirty windows!

This is the HP.

Def
Camera05.JPG
* Camera05.JPG (Filesize: 99.22 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 05:03:22 PM
And this is the Kodak.

Def
Camera06.JPG
* Camera06.JPG (Filesize: 96.34 KB)

Offline plowboy

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 01:15:12 AM
I used to be big into photography, but somehow haven't done much with it the last 5 years or so.  Maybe having small children has something to do with it.  I don't even have a digital camera.

I'm planning on getting a digital this summer....right now I'm looking at different models.

I'm glad to see this section of the forum.

:)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 01:37:40 AM
I have an old Konica C35 but I never use it anymore.  Film is getting too expensive to use, especially in the volumes I use on a daily basis!

Def
Camera07.JPG
* Camera07.JPG (Filesize: 59.59 KB)

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 03:27:43 AM
Since I only have one Digital camera now, I'll have to post pics from the net also.  I picked up a Panasonic DMC-FZ7 just before Christmas and I love it.  Although I must admit I am no photographer, I wanted a camera that gave me the option to manually select settings for the time I decide to sit down and learn how to use it's full potential...Even in "Simple Mode" I think this camera takes excellent pictures and the 12X optical zoom with image stabilizer....WOW! Completely amazing. My old Samsung digital I gave to my parents only had a 4x. 
Here is the manufacturers webpage:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fz7/specifications.html
Panasonic DMC-FZ7.jpg
* Panasonic DMC-FZ7.jpg (Filesize: 31.84 KB)
panasonic_fz7_frontback-001.jpg
* panasonic_fz7_frontback-001.jpg (Filesize: 15.04 KB)

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:04 AM
I'm using a Nikon D50.

I'm using a 55mm macro lens for the shots I post on the forum.

Tom

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 02:20:47 AM
I'll show mine in chronological order, oldest to newest:

Canon T50.  35mm film SLR w/35-105mm macro-focusing zoom lens.  I rarely use this one as everything is automatic and I like to have more control over my shots:

Nikon Lite-Touch Zoom80
.  35mm film w/38-80mm zoom lens.  This is my "beater".

Olympus Camedia C-4000Z.  4.0 megapixel w/3x optical zoom.  This is my first digital.  It has been a great camera, and gives lots of manual control over shots.  At times it has problems writing to the memory card, so I've retired it for "studio" use only.  It stays attached to my tripod.  Most of the pictures that I post on Multitool.org and SOSAK are shot with this one.

w/accessory lens barrel removed:

Canon PowerShot S3 IS.  6.0 megapixel, image-stabilized 12x optical zoom.  This is my "honey".  The video this camera produces is amazing--uncompressed AVI's w/stereo sound and zoom at 640x480 & 30fps.  The stills are great too, and allows great manual control over shots.  The accessory lens barrel is attached in these photos.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:22:31 AM by NutSAK »
- Terry

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 02:50:05 AM
This is what I am looking for:

But I need to make certain that I have a digital camera that I can replace the SLR with.  I have so little interest in film these days...

My photo scanner can blow up photos until the fiber of the paper is visible without distortion, and my printer cranks out photo quality images, and all at a fraction of the cost of film, I don;t see much point to it anymore.  I am also thinking of replacing my analogue camera for a digital video cam, but I don't often use video, and the rare time that I do I can either get full motion video and sound from my digital cameras, or just capture what I want on my computer with my All In Wonder card.

Def

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 06:20:25 AM
I've got two camera's.  I don't know how to use either of them.

One is a Sony Cybershot DSC-P200

The other one is a Kodak EasyShare DX7590

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 12:03:31 PM
Both of those should have a macro.  Use a tripod, and the timer to get great up close shots.  Try to make certain the light in the room is good so you don't need the flash, and just snap a buttload of pics on different angles.  It won't be long before you get a feel for it.

I am not certain about the Sony (it should do this) but with the Kodak, remember to press the button down halfway first so it focuses properly before going all the way down and getting the pic.

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 01:17:56 AM
I'm using a Nikon D50.

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm using a 55mm macro lens for the shots I post on the forum.

Tom

How long have you been using the Nikon D50?
What do you think of it?
[

Offline AJ

Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 03:42:42 PM
Poor shot of my two DSLR's.

[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 03:49:25 PM
Wow! Those look nice. Much better than my old hunk o' junk Olympus.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline supratentorial

Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 04:19:26 PM

...and much better than my $60 blue light special as well:

Offline AJ

Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 04:27:15 PM

...and much better than my $60 blue light special as well:

(Image removed from quote.)

Got to love them blue light specials though.
These are both low end DSLRs same body on both, but with kit lens and body they sold for $600 new.
The one I got clearance in box at wal-mart for $400.00
Months later at that same wal-mart they had one left in the box, body and lens clearanced for $200.00!

For that price I just had to pick up a second one for the body. I sold the kit lens off of it and put my 50mm 1.4 lens on.

Lots of camera for the money and I really lucked out on the price of the second one.

The wal-mart camera dept. lady did not even know it was digital when I was checking out the second one.
As I was looing it over she said you know that's a film camera, lol..

I said no it's not I have one just like it and there a great digital camera. :)
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 06:30:16 PM
My next camera will be a DSLR- it's about the only way I could upgrade from my current Kodak model.

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 07:18:27 PM
My next camera will be a DSLR- it's about the only way I could upgrade from my current Kodak model.

Def

That sounds like what I told myself a year ago and now I sit here with two of them, lol...
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 07:23:18 PM
At that price, I'd probably have two of them too!

Def

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 06:43:31 AM
They had a gentleman come talk to the Mac user group last Saturday for 1 1/2 hours on Adobe Photoshop Elements - I have been using it for 3 years now and have I been missing out on what the can do, guess I should have taken the time to read a book about it, now I can really "fix" a picture compared to before.

Jim did go over some "basic camera points"  http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/digital-photo-quick-tips.html and one other he stressed was to shut off the "digital zoom" feature on the camera, just use the optical zoom strength that is available. I am no macho techo nerd ( MTN )  when it comes to digital cameras but the points he made during his presentation made a lot of sense, his 30 years of experience has to be worth listening to.

Also covered was Adobe's Photoshop Elements and the basics of enhancing and managing your digital photographs http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/photoshop.html - my new Sony has a Histogram feature and boy does that make live simple when it comes to enhancement techniques with your software.

He also talked about the advantages of using a WWW photo service http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/digital_picture_printing_services.html vs Wal Mart or local drug store. Mainly dealing with color calibraion and auto croping your pictures, ALWAY shoot pictures at the max MP your camera can do, and then fix them with s/w, http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/8x10.html

Memory is very inexpensive now for your DC so buy some extra memory cars and shot at the max...

I found his WWW site has a lot of useful info,... I sure learned a lot from him in 1.5 hours

Andrew J. Gnoza, III

PS: Here's my new camera http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/h5.html for $299 it's a heck of a camera ...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:02:48 AM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 02:27:57 PM
Pretty nice looking camera you got there!

I can't be bothered shooting any less than max resolution- every picture I take is 6mp for just that reason.  You can always shrink pictures, but blowing them up is a different matter entirely.  And, with a 2g card installed in my computer, I get something like 1700 shots before filling the card, so it's not a big concern.  I doubt I will be away from a computer for 1700 shot's worth of time!  And, in the off chance that I am, another 2g card is sitting there waiting.  At the size of a postage stamp and less than $50, why the heck not?

Digital zoom is another trap that I really don't like.  With digital zoom you are basically using cheap software to blow up your picture.  If you want to do that, use the good software found in many inexpensive (or free) photo software on your computer.

Def

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 02:05:44 PM
I use my Sony Video Camera DCR-DVD908 for all the pictures that I posted in this forum.

Edap

* My hnadycam.jpg (Filesize: 4.06 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 02:58:04 PM
Nice- I am looking for a good, digicam... what's that one like?

Def

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:59 PM
Nice- I am looking for a good, digicam... what's that one like?

Def

Def, this video camera is quite handy. It can take still pictures at 4.6 megapixels even while shooting video, but when switched to still camera mode, it can capture 6.1 megapixels. Video is recorded in wide choice of media, 8cm DVD-R/-RW/+RW and  DVD+R DL while the still pictures are recorded in Pro Duo memory stick. The crystal clear sound is captured in Dolby Digital 5.1. It has the features of a dedicated still camera like, spot focus and metering, night shot with infrared light, tele-micro, etc.

I bought this video camera only 2 weeks ago and I’m still practicing to use all its features.

Edap

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 09:30:36 PM
I will be on official travel for 4 days to the city of Davao here in the Philippines. This is the biggest city in the world in terms of land area (244,00 hectares). It's an hour travel by plane. I'm worried beacause I can not bring with me my EDC Wave. Airport security is so strict after 911. I can send you some pictures when I arrived home.

Ed

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD