Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Sog?

Fred · 72 · 13290

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
New Sog?
on: July 23, 2006, 08:31:56 PM
I heard a rumor that there's going to be a new SOG multi coming out.Anyone else know about this?
Yabba dabba doo!

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Re: New Sog?
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:02:27 PM
you mean that automatic one? i think a friend of mine used to have one. i think it was made for undercover knob screwing or something like that.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 02:00:57 AM
I have the automatic one- in fact, you can read a review of it that DaveBinGA wrote here http://www.multitool.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=1 on Multitool.org.  I have one- neat little multi, but I doubt I'd rely on it for any serious work.  I think Fred is talking about the ultra-secret new multitool that SOG has hinted at, but hasn't released any information on yet.  I personally can't wait- SOG quality is really high, and their tools are quite popular with alot of folks.
Whatever it is, it should be interesting to see!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Fred

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:37:22 PM
Yeah I heard about a new one coming out.I was wondering if anyone else heard anything?
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:43:49 AM
Pics?  ;D

us Offline Fred

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 12:25:13 AM
I don't know if there are pics available.so far it seems like a rumor at best or a hallucination at worst!
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:49:02 AM
I hope it is smaller like the pocket power plier but with locks like the powerlock.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 03:33:34 AM
 ???I did a little nosing around to my distributors and no word on it yet. :-\
T

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 03:40:48 AM
I spoke to the director of marketing at SOG this afternoon and he assures me there is a new tool in the works, but it is still top secret.  No pictures or details have been released yet, either officially or otherwise.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 04:14:42 AM
Any hints at all? Like, is it an entirely new tool, or "just" a customized version of an existing tool, like the Paladin PowerPlays?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 05:51:11 AM
The Paladin PowerPlay tools are pretty cool.  I don't really need all those specialized tools but my brother-in-law works for the local cable company and says he would use one allot.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 11:36:41 AM
The new tool is apparently quite top secret and the only thing I know about it so far (ie, could squeeze out of Chris!) is that there is one, and he hasn't even seen a prototype yet, so I am guessing we are taling about a whole new tool.
Def

us Offline Fred

Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 03:03:58 AM
That stinks.I have been drooling over the thought of a new SOG
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 03:12:22 AM
Me too.
So many other multi tool brands have dropped out. It seems like only Vic and Gerber have a viable share of the market dominated by L'man.

I know that SOG can bring out a nice tool. I just hope they have a marketing/distributing plan that will insure enough sales to justify them staying in the multi tool field.

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 03:19:09 AM
Well, as you may have noticed, we have a SOG specific forum here.  The only other company that's got that is Leatherman.  I had to do a LM specific forum, because if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here.  I know there were multis long before the PST, but I don't think that anyone can argue that Tim Leatherman brought them mainstream and popularized them.  SOG got their own forum here because of the amount of support and enthusiasm Chris (Marketing Director) at SOG showed when I contacted him about this site.   He really seemed interested, and I know he's been reading this stuff when he's had a chance.  With that kind of enthusiasm behind launching a new tool, I am sure that it will be quite successful.
Of course, they have also had a pretty darned good run with the PowerLock.  It's never been as heavily marketed as other tools, and it's conistantly ranked pretty high amongst multi users, so that's nothing to sneeze at either.
Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 03:25:41 AM
I agree, and wish them lots of luck. When it comes to sales of their new tool, they can always count on me to do my part!! ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 03:27:38 AM
Me too- I was thinking of getting a second job so I can afford more tools!
Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 04:08:33 AM
Hello. My name is Bob. Welcome to Sogaholics Anonymous.

* Sogaholics Anonymous.jpg (Filesize: 45.08 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 11:57:36 AM
I am glad you are here Bob- now I can show my wife that I am not all that bad when it comes to multis!  >:D
Def

us Offline Fred

Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 10:05:45 PM
that yellow tool clip is sweet!
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 11:27:33 PM
Thanks. Only one I've ever seen. They tell me there were a few made in red and green also.

us Offline Fred

Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 01:36:57 AM
I have seen the green ones, and I think also a red one but that yellow one is awesome!
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 10:33:31 AM
Chris, now that your here on Multitool.org, any hints about this mystery new tool..... PLEASE :D
"

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 08:20:48 PM
Hey Bob...

Since you have sooo many tools.  I think you should send me that SwitchPlier... pretty please???

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 02:00:42 AM
Hey Bob...

Since you have sooo many tools.  I think you should send me that SwitchPlier... pretty please???

Hmmmm,
No, I think I'd better hang onto it. No telling what sort of despicable things you might do to those poor squirrels with it!
 :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 07:17:01 PM
Hey Bob...

Hey!
You didn't happen to FAKE that whole tonsilitis episode in order to make your parents feel sorry enough for you to buy you a SwitchPlier, did you?
 ;)

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 05:12:00 AM
No!  I would never!
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 01:20:49 PM
 :D :laugh:

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 05:50:50 AM
I may be wrong but isn't he SHOT show this week?  You think SOG will give any hints of this new tool.  We can only hope.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 06:26:07 AM
Did we ever get a clear indication.......is there an actual new SOG tool in the works, or was the new tool the Paladin PT-540?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%