Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you take your tool pictures?

665ae · 34 · 6448

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: How do you take your tool pictures?
Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 12:35:50 PM
Congratulations on your new cam!

I usually avoid Sony products because of the memory stick.  I like the SD cards better because it means I don't have to buy multiple formats, or I don't have to be stuck with one brand.  Other than that, Sony makes some really darned good stuff, and their cameras are always ranked quite highly by the camera review sites and magazines.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it when it arrives!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Re: Time for a new DC - any recommendations
Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 05:36:53 AM
99.9 % of my camera use is inside photography involving posting photos on WWW - forums, eBay, homepage,etc.

I really want a larger frame DC

What I would like:
tripod lug
larger body
manual controls are not a necessity
lens threads to add lenses / filters OR the ability to change complete lens to a macro lens
tripod
under US$400

Nice to have:
firewire connection
large LCD screen - 2" minimum
non proprietary battery
ease of use - point and shoot - manual adjustments are not a necessity.
cheap memory cards

DC that Look good so far:
1. Sony DSC-H5
2. Sony DSC-H9
3. Kodak Z612
4. Canon S3

The purchase has been made and  the WINNER is

I got ALL the items in this new camera ( $299 - open box at an Internet dealer ) that I was looking for including cheap memory, Sony Memory Sticks sure have dropped in price since I had my last one several years ago and it's the only added memory I have to add to a device, so I can overlook that for now.  Additional features that came on this camera are: metal body, 3.0" LCD color display with 230,000 pixels, lens hood and a hood adapter, ISO sensitivity from ISO 80 to 1,000, a choice of both aperture- and shutter-priority plus a fully manual mode, 32MB of internal memory and long battery life from rechargeable  AA batteries, 4 included with the camera and an external Sony battery charger. Plus a carrying case and I bought an additional used Sony close up / macro lens for $49 off Amazon.

I look forward to getting the camera in a couple days.

Well 6 weeks after I received my Sony H5, today I placed it on the desk and watched as a 1.5" crack developed from the top left corner across the LCD screen. I called the dealer ( WWW electronics dealer)  who I expected to say" Send it to Sony for reapairs" and instead here is a RMA send it back to us. She went on to say the model I had is no longer available, sold out so they would credit my credit card the full price and email me a UPS label to send the camera back at no charge.

Needless to say I was blown away, I had purchased 3 or 4 DC's from Crutchfield before and recommended others but never expected this great treatment as a customer.  To make it nicer  she emailed some $20 off coupons for me to give to friends, so if you want the # just PM me.

NOW, I am off looking at another P+S digital camera, and in the 5 or 6 weeks that have gone by a new slew of DC's have hit the streets. Well it's off to the WWW in search of info again, will post my top 3 choices before I make a decision.
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 03:54:07 AM
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:33:56 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 07:41:37 AM
I like that Panasonic!  You'll have to let us know how well it works :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%