Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dead cameras

Neil · 9 · 1365

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Dead cameras
on: May 21, 2009, 11:50:59 AM

Bother, my eldest's camera has finally died. :(  What did I expect letting a six year old run around with a camera I hear you say.  To his credit he's looked after this last one but like the two he had before it they came from carboot sales and were never in tip top shape.  In fact in total so far I've spent £12 on cameras for him in two years so mustn't grumble :)   His first one just died after a couple of months, the second one he killed by knocking over the tripod it was attached to and this last one powers up and immediately goes to sleep  ::)

Back in my formative years there was the cost of film and processing to worry about so I was only bought a couple of films a year, a total of 48 images.  These days Jack will take that in an afternoon which is cool.

I've not seen another suitable for him yet this carboot season.  The trick is to look for the ones where the battery compartment doors are broken.  People will normally sell them for just a few pounds and so long as you don't mind carrying a camera lashed up with duct tape you're in business.

So if anyone has an old digital camera they'd like to swap for SAK/s please let me know:tu:

On a related note I went into the kitchen this morning to find my youngest had been doodling on the whiteboard ...

He proudly informed me that his was how cameras work.  Bless him, he's four so its probably about time I got him sorted with a camera as well :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:06:15 PM by Neil »
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline BenH

Re: Dead cameras
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:29 PM
That's actually a pretty good basic representation of how light from the sun bounces off objects into the camera's lens :) good luck with finding a camera. Looks like you had a couple of offers, but if you don't have any luck, I think I've got a 3 or 4 MP Olympus lying around somewhere...

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:04:58 PM
Quick note of thanks to silentio for digging out a camera for Jack  :tu:  and thanks to all of you who said you'd go rummage to see what you had hidden away, you can get back out the loft now :D   :cheers:

I shall  :pok: him into taking some tools pics for the site.  I gave him a modded PT-510 for his birthday which he does use and was very excited about.  I caught him sniffing round a Super Bear Jaws yesterday and later on he was asking if perhaps he could have a different MT for Christmas  ::)  I asked him what was wrong with his current one.  Nothing he replied but I'd quite like another with different tools  ::)  ... I'm screwed aren't I  :D

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:19:33 PM
I'm screwed aren't I  :D

Yes you are! :D

Though it's great seeing little ones getting into MT especially at his age!

Perhaps the MT budget might be split in half in the future years :D
[

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:48 PM
I'm screwed aren't I  :D

Yes you are! :D

Though it's great seeing little ones getting into MT especially at his age!

Perhaps the MT budget might be split in half in the future years :D

Bugger that, he can get a nice high paying job and buy MTs for his old man :D

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 12:48:17 PM
The only difference being that now it's you who decides which tools to keep and which to let go... ::)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 03:19:31 PM
Quick note of thanks to silentio for digging out a camera for Jack  :tu:  and thanks to all of you who said you'd go rummage to see what you had hidden away, you can get back out the loft now :D   :cheers:

I shall  :pok: him into taking some tools pics for the site.  I gave him a modded PT-510 for his birthday which he does use and was very excited about.  I caught him sniffing round a Super Bear Jaws yesterday and later on he was asking if perhaps he could have a different MT for Christmas  ::)  I asked him what was wrong with his current one.  Nothing he replied but I'd quite like another with different tools  ::)  ... I'm screwed aren't I  :D

You made that rod for your own back mate.  :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:54:11 PM

You made that rod for your own back mate.  :D

There's worse I suppose :D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 05:10:25 PM
Could be a lot worse!  :o

(just keep the good stuff locked up) ;)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31