Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Memorial Day

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Memorial Day
on: May 25, 2009, 03:27:59 PM
We may not always agree with government but we always need to honor those who gave their life.

Our freedoms were purchased by these men and women.

So today when you are enjoying your family and loved ones take a few minutes and remember those who gave all for us.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Memorial Day
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:33:37 PM
here here :salute:

and I believe it's Victoria Day in Canada and "Kristi Himmelfartsdag" in Denmark! :cheers:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:47:49 PM
No matter what flag you live under,take a moment to remember those that went before,but don't be so solemn,or morose that you forget that they laughed,and loved,but above all else they LIVED.I thoroughly believe they would appreciate our pausing to remember them,but then they they give us a good swift kick and tell us to get up,get out and live,and make every moment count.
I

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:05:36 PM
It's true that people have a misguided hatred for those in the military. Hate the government by all means, hate the policy and the hypocrisy, but to celebrate the bravery of people who have served their countries and remember them for their sacrifices can't be a bad thing can it? :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:15:19 PM
If you can read thank a teacher.
If you are free thank a vet.
Take time today to remember all those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:38:07 PM

and I believe it's Victoria Day in Canada and "Kristi Himmelfartsdag" in Denmark! :cheers:

Victoria Day was last weekend.

But, I agree with the sentiments of remembering and honoring the fallen.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:24:36 PM

Kristi Himmelfartsdag was May 21 in Norway.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:37:58 PM
It's true that people have a misguided hatred for those in the military. Hate the government by all means, hate the policy and the hypocrisy, but to celebrate the bravery of people who have served their countries and remember them for their sacrifices can't be a bad thing can it? :)
Couldn't have said it better :tu:

:salute:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:36:18 AM
I have always had a respect for those who serve our Country :salute: If they are willing to risk there life for my freedom then they definitely deserve it :tu: I may not agree with everything the govt does but our soldier boys can only follow orders :tu: :salute: :salute: :salute:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 04:56:36 AM
 :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 10:28:12 AM
Hmmm... I don't believe we have anything similar to that. We surely have a national army day, national navy day, national air-force day, and national armed forces day but no such thing as a dedicated veterans day. So :salute: to them. Is your Memorial Day also in honor of fallen LEOs, firefighters, etc.?

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 11:08:10 AM

Kristi Himmelfartsdag was May 21 in Norway.

I still can't say it! do different countries have it different times? a friend in Denmark said
it was last Friday (but they started last thursday!)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 02:44:34 PM
Hmmm... I don't believe we have anything similar to that. We surely have a national army day, national navy day, national air-force day, and national armed forces day but no such thing as a dedicated veterans day. So :salute: to them. Is your Memorial Day also in honor of fallen LEOs, firefighters, etc.?
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day,and was  a day to visit and decorate the graves of fallen Union soldiers of the American Civil War,it later became a day to commemorate and decorate the graves of ALL fallen soldiers,and since then became a day to remember all of the deceased in our lives.
I

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 04:01:13 PM
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day,and was  a day to visit and decorate the graves of fallen Union soldiers of the American Civil War,it later became a day to commemorate and decorate the graves of ALL fallen soldiers,and since then became a day to remember all of the deceased in our lives.

Thanks for posting i did not know that.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 06:13:09 PM
Here's a bit more about the origins of Memorial Day:
http://suvcw.org/logan.htm
Thanks for posting i did not know that.
Mike
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46