Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool sheath

Dunc · 9 · 3344

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Swisstool sheath
on: April 13, 2007, 12:07:58 PM
A guy over at British blades is selling a Swisstool , nothing strange about that until you look at the sheath  :o not seen one like that before . I have asked him for more info and if he would mind me using the pic on here but am waiting for him to get back to me . Heres a link to it http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?p=516276#post516276

look at the second pic .

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Swisstool sheath
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:12:03 PM
I'd be all over it because of the sheath alone if it weren't 38 pounds!  That's a little steep, isn't it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:26:42 PM
I'd be all over it because of the sheath alone if it weren't 38 pounds!  That's a little steep, isn't it?

Def

No not in the UK  :cry:  They retail in the shops for £70  :o  . My first ever Swisstool I bought 9 years ago cost me £70 but all the others didnt once I found the internet  ;)  If I ever sell one its usually for £35 with out the corkscrew and dudie sheath . I really am interested in that sheath  ::)  Look at the Vic badge , very unusual .

Dunc

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 12:33:52 PM
whenever I am in this situation I always think about whether I can buy the two items, keep the one i'm interested in, and sell the other for a considerable price, so actually sometimes even obtaining an item for a profit, or at worst, for a small, reasonable price.

If you can sell the tool itself for ~£30 - £35, then the cheath will end up costing you £2 - £7, and you never know, might get lucky if you put it on an ebay auction, get a couple of enthusiasts who happen to be after this tool right now bidding it up to a much higher price. Take some nice pics, put up a very nice description and review, I always finds that does wonders.

I normally also write on that I am open to buy it now offers, sometimes you can get someone offering you a very good price right from the start of the auction. Thats how I managed to sell my luxeon 3watt LED torch for £20, actually more then I bought my Stanley tripod 3AA torch for.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:39:23 PM
Shame I would buy it but dont have any spare cash at the moment  :(

Anyway here are the pics

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:43:09 PM
Wow... I thought they were expensive here...

I think when the SwissTool first came out it was about $110CDN at Canadian Tire, which at the time was about $85-90 US. 

Still, I'd be very tempted to grab that ST if for no other reason than the cool sheath- except of course that I am a little broke at the moment.  This week I've picked up a few toys including a Victorinoc Centurian with a Canadian flag and "National Defense/Defense Nationale" on it, a Wenger Commander with the Canadian Coast Guard logo on it and a Fenix light.  Not bad for an unemployed bum huh?   :oops:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:50:05 PM
Really sorry to here your out of work Def , but on the bright side youve got plenty of multitool time . I bet its just a matter of time before one of the big multitool companys snaps you up  ;) As for the sheath I guess Bob is our only hope  ;) If he dosnt have one then it must be a one off  :D

Dunc

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 11:41:15 PM
Wow! I've never seen a sheath like that before. Do you think it was originally included with the SwissTool? Or is there some other Victorinox product that comes with a sheath like that?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 10:44:41 AM
Wow! I've never seen a sheath like that before. Do you think it was originally included with the SwissTool? Or is there some other Victorinox product that comes with a sheath like that?

What I have found out is the tool and sheath were recieved as a gift and so its place of purchase is unkown , also the guy who is selling it lives in Portugal so it could have been bought there but I see no reason for unique items from Victorinox being only available there  ???  Spent over an hour yesterday trawling google and Vic sites but have not seen another one like it  :(

Dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD