Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking to trade for a TTi

us Offline GMArthur

Looking to trade for a TTi
on: May 23, 2009, 11:15:42 PM
 I'd like to pick up a Leatherman TTi. I'm carrying an XTi right now and want to change to something with scissors on it. If anybody here has a TTi they'd like to get rid of let me know.

For trade bait here's what I'm willing to let go, all are used but not abused, no boxes or paperwork....

SOG Powerlock
Charge XTi
Spyderco Caly3 VG10/G10
Benchmade 525SBK-701

I'll try and get some pics up later on. If nobody has a TTi for trade I'll probably put the Powerlock and XTi up in the for sale forum. Can someone help me with what I should ask for them? I'm behind on tool prices.

us Offline GMArthur

Re: Looking to trade for a TTi
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:48:02 AM
Alright got some pics taken.

Leatherman XTi. Tool is used but in good shape. Usual marks on the bits from use but blades are still factory edged and sharp. No rust at all.

SOG Powerlock. Tool is almost new. Used maybe a half a dozen times for light household duties. No rust or any marks on the tools.

Spyderco Caly3. Carried quite a bit but not used to cut a lot. Small scuffs on blade which is still factory edged, just touched up on the white stones of a sharpmaker.

Benchmade 525SBK-701. Knife is used but well maintained. Anodizing is worn is some places on the scales and the black coating is worn in some spots. Not a beauty queen but a great user.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:54:34 AM
Say, dude, since your XTi already has titanium handles, cap crimping head and decent steel blade, why don't you just try to find a large flathead and scissors and swap out one of the bit drivers for them?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 03:01:44 AM
That's a damn good idea! Just buy a Fuse and take the implements out!
B

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 03:03:15 AM
... then mail that extra driver to me. I think it would make a great keychain tool, along with a card of LM bits. :D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 07:10:06 AM
Say, dude, since your XTi already has titanium handles, cap crimping head and decent steel blade, why don't you just try to find a large flathead and scissors and swap out one of the bit drivers for them?
Exactly what I'm thinking about...  :tu:

us Offline GMArthur

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 02:37:38 PM

That was actually my first plan. I would however like to get one already made up the way I want and save the hassle. If nobody wants to swap me a TTi then I'll probably just go and buy one and be done with it. Before I do make purchases I try and work a trade first. That way if somebody does have a TTi they're not using and they could use something I'm willing to part with it makes it nice for two people. :tu:

us Offline GMArthur

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:07:09 PM
Trade Pending.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05