Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Windows cut on my Jeep

Pacu · 16 · 1680

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Windows cut on my Jeep
on: May 27, 2009, 12:11:50 AM
So Friday morning i get up to go get my 3000 mile oil change and discover someone cut my passenger side soft top window on my Jeep Wrangler. SOB!
Well i wasn't too mad. Living in Houston it was only a matter of time. They didn't get anything as i keep nothing of value in there and i believe they tried to open the door. Hello Alarm. Guess it scared them off .
Wonder if i should pull the tint off my soft top windows so potential thieves can see i have nothing to get and move along. It is pitch black tinted. I got the Mossberg 590 ready with 00 for next time. Thank you Texas for the Castle Doctrine.
:like:    :MTO:

ca Offline jzmtl

Re: Windows cut on my Jeep
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:14:15 AM
Don't lock your door if you have soft top on.  :( But there are idiots who will go for window straight away even thou your door is unlocked.

Get a motion sensor for your alarm so anything moves inside it goes off.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:14:54 AM
Little arsewipes.... it's a shame they don't have anything better to do  :(
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:49 AM
that sucks mate, really sucks >:(
A

us Offline Pacu

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:06 AM
I thought about a motion sensor. My friends Mustang GT has a 2 way that lets you know if someone tampers with your ride in real time. That way you can catch them in the act.
Bad thing is i think the alarm would go off constantly here as it thunderstorms everyday here in Houston.

My insurance is springing for a 3 window set so i should be covered for next time.
Radio is factory crap..i keep my zune inside. I always carry my tools in as i've always been paranoid about those.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:27:40 AM
Thunderstorm shouldn't trigger motion sensor should it?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
A torn rag is my biggest fear.  I spent a bit of money customizing my top, and I have an aftermarket zipper to replace the original on my rear window, so if I lose one or the other, I have to replace both.

A friend of mine had her windows slashed by vandals- they weren't even after anything, just wanted to be pricks.  My stereo is also a cheapy, and I don't keep much of value in the car.  I am considering one of those Tuffy security consoles for my GPS though, but the GPS is an older, cheaper model now and the console costs about the same as a new GPS!

I thought about alarms too, but they just keep out the honest people.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 02:11:13 PM
Just duck tape the torn part, when people see that you can't even replace the torn part they would assume that there is nothing of value in your jeep :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:23:58 PM
Just duck tape the torn part, when people see that you can't even replace the torn part they would assume that there is nothing of value in your jeep :D

This post needs to be moved to the duct tape uses thread--automotive theft deterrent.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:28:39 PM
i'll use the duct tape to hold them to a chair while i use a ball peen hammer to ....... >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:16 PM
I took the doors off my Wrangler and put side straps. The top was a Bimini top so it was 90% open anyway.  In the built in tool box ( under the passenger seat ) I glued a 3 foot long rubber snake to the underside of the cover that sort of fell down and dropped into view.  I did hear one scream late one night but they left before I could get a shot off at them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:03:00 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline Pacu

Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:16 PM
im tempted to put a rat trap in the glove box and the center console and rig them every night before i go to sleep. Can you imagine sticking your hand into that? >:D They might get PO'd and tear up something though...or come back for revenge (key-ing)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 06:48:44 AM
Whoey can tell you a horror story about an old buddy of his that mounted a bunch of razor blades behind the dash panel so when someone would reach behind the panel to unhook the stereo they'd get ripped up.  The guy who eventually did it was so upset about having his fingers chewed up that he carved up the dash pretty good with a crow bar.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
Whoey can tell you a horror story about an old buddy of his that mounted a bunch of razor blades behind the dash panel so when someone would reach behind the panel to unhook the stereo they'd get ripped up.  The guy who eventually did it was so upset about having his fingers chewed up that he carved up the dash pretty good with a crow bar.

Def

In the US, the scumbag could sue you and would likely get a big fat settlement.  Freakin' crazy.  :think:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:15:53 PM
I believe that's pretty much what happened... the attempted thief got caught at the hospital with hamburger for fingers... and the owner had a destroyed dash covered in blood... not exactly a great theft deterrent...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 01:32:52 AM
I believe that's pretty much what happened... the attempted thief got caught at the hospital with hamburger for fingers... and the owner had a destroyed dash covered in blood... not exactly a great theft deterrent...

that's good stuff there >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31