Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Front of today's express

Neil · 22 · 2952

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Front of today's express
on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:07 PM

Hey Mike, Joanna's swiped your knife ;)

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Front of today's express
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:17:55 PM
Looks better on her :D She still has a damn sexy voice doesn't she :)

And it raises the profile of the best knife design on the planet. Nice on Mrs Lumley :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:08:56 PM
Lumley is a bit lovely, always has been. We share the same birthday actually (tomorrow  :D) but I think she's a couple of years older.

Personally I'm glad they voted against Brown - we have a moral obligation to look after these people. They should use all that money they waste on MPs second homes and expenses.  :rant:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:56:38 PM
Too right they should, I have a great fondness of the Gurkha's and there culture. And the way we've treated them is shameful >:(

Offline Abstraction

Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:32:44 AM
Great decision  :) Anyone who fights for this country should be given the right to stay here, certainly far more deserving of a place in Britain than a lot of our fellow countrymen.

(i was half expecting the mail to use that photo with the caption 'Immigrant's increase the number of deadly knives on our streets'  :ahhh)

Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:36:50 PM

(i was half expecting the mail to use that photo with the caption 'Immigrant's increase the number of deadly knives on our streets'  :ahhh)
As if our peerless media would use such a cheap trick :D

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50:31 PM
Great decision  :) Anyone who fights for this country should be given the right to stay here, certainly far more deserving of a place in Britain than a lot of our fellow countrymen.

That would be so Daily Mail, just need to get a reference to Diana in there somewhere ;)

Neil

Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56:51 PM

That would be so Daily Mail, just need to get a reference to Diana in there somewhere ;)

Neil
Lol :D :D

Offline Abstraction

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:23:07 PM

Neil

Here you go  :D

Or if you're bored - http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/ for all your daily mail headline needs!

Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 10:23:29 PM
Nice one :D :D

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:30 AM

Neil

(Image removed from quote.)

Or if you're bored - http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/ for all your daily mail headline needs!

Oh, that is just fantastic :D

Neil

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 05:04:26 PM
The ever so delectable Ms. Lumley can wave a kukri,and anything else she desires,at me anytime. I just hope she was shouting " Ayo Gurkhali!"
I

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 05:15:28 PM

Neil

(Image removed from quote.)

Perfect mate.  :rofl:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 05:32:54 PM
That's just perfect!

The trouble with the Daily *sh*te* Mail, is that unlike a tittypaper such as the Sun, people who buy it actually think they are getting credible news. It's dangerous propaganga (and it doesn't have enough titties in it either so it's virtually useless!).
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 05:47:07 PM
That's just perfect!

The trouble with the Daily *sh*te* Mail, is that unlike a tittypaper such as the Sun, people who buy it actually think they are getting credible news. It's dangerous propaganga (and it doesn't have enough titties in it either so it's virtually useless!).

I disagree, it burns just fine.

Neil

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 05:51:32 PM
But I'd have to buy it (being the honest chap I am) before I burnt it.  No way are they getting near a penny of mine.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Abstraction

Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 06:14:50 PM
That's just perfect!

Yep, when you consider that the mail has a circulation of more than 3 million (3 times that of the Daily Telegraph  :o) it stops becoming a joke and becomes a dangerous piece of propaganda. Far too many people base their opinions on a paper which is purely designed to sell titles and promote controversy.  My point about the different headlines may have been a joke but it's amazing the times you will see a slant like that taken on their front page, sometimes even more extreme and based on even more ludicrous figures.

The other papers all have their negative points but none are quite so full of bile and irrational hatred as the mail and worst of all no other paper blurs the line between what is a factual story and what is pure editorial comment so readily.  It knows what it's audience wants to hear, and that is that they are better than the average ruffians which populate society, so a selection of middle class folk can look down their noses at someone, tut tutting and being glad that they are so wholesome in comparison.

Unfortunately nowadays people feed on that kind of propaganda as a form of ego boost and love getting whipped up in hysteria so they can chat to their friends about the evils of society without really thinking too much themselves.

As you can probably tell I have strong feelings on this, as a large part of my job is knowing what every paper says each night  - contrasting the various angles which they each take (mostly for economical stories but a lot of political stuff as well) and more often than not the daily mail's slant has me shaking my head. Plus, i'm ashamed to say, my parents are daily mail readers so i have a number of very frustrating conversations with them about whatever it is that's annoying them at the time.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:22 AM
Teehee, I got:

"COULD THE FRENCH GIVE BRITAIN'S SWANS CANCER?"

and:

"HAS JACQUI SMITH TURNED PROPERTY PRICES GAY?"

and:

"HAS THE NANNY STATE GIVEN YOUR CHILDREN CANCER?"

I could be here for a while :D
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 01:17:05 AM
If UK passes any more anti-knife laws.  One of their own TV shows shall be declared an ENEMY OF THE STATE >:D
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/848591/

As you can see from this picture :think:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:21:09 AM by BIG-TARGET »
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 06:05:09 PM
People just don't get it people kill people not knifes or guns. If you could some how get rid all the knifes and guns what would they ban next golf clubs? Banning things only takes things away from honest people criminals will keep theirs. My way of thinking is make a law requiring everyone without a criminal record to carry a knife. Might be crazy enough to work.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:47 AM
People just don't get it people kill people not knifes or guns. If you could some how get rid all the knifes and guns what would they ban next golf clubs? Banning things only takes things away from honest people criminals will keep theirs. My way of thinking is make a law requiring everyone without a criminal record to carry a knife. Might be crazy enough to work.
+1. Its also nice to hear, read or watch in the new good people fighting back and winning!
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 01:44:09 AM
I seem to remember a sigline that went like: If guns kill people then blame all of my spelling mistakes on my pencil. ;) :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%