Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Booth - Blade Show 2009

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
SOG Booth - Blade Show 2009
on: May 31, 2009, 12:15:30 AM
Well I have some diappointing news for you folks but I wanted a least a thread should be put here to show that there IS something up at SOG. SOG had no new tools to show me at this years Blade Show and all I wanted to know about was the new tool SOG was working on. Chris was tight lipped as usual and he said that we will know something when Spencer is ready to tell. They are indeed working on a new full size tool and it is "nothing like we have ever done before"...yes that is a direct quote. Chris said one of the main reason they are not releasing any information on it is because they feel that it may not materialize into anything if Spencer isn't happy with it. Ever since the forging issues with the plier heads for the Powercut SOG wants to keep the information on this tool secret until they are sure they can do it and not have any issue with it. I repect their wishes but it's so darn hard to just sit by on the side lines and not get any juicy information  :D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: SOG Booth - Blade Show 2009
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:43 AM
 :(  Oh dear....
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:24:42 AM
and the waiting begins :D
A

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:49:20 AM
IIRC, SOG didn't have much at SHOT either.  The loss of PowerCut, quiet booths at SHOT and Blade Show and the recent news of SOG's buy out has me worried.  :(
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:50 AM
Did Chris have anything more to add regarding the buyout business?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:39:50 AM
IIRC, SOG didn't have much at SHOT either.  The loss of PowerCut, quiet booths at SHOT and Blade Show and the recent news of SOG's buy out has me worried.  :(

I don't see why. Announcing the Powercut before they had a viable prototype embarrassed them terribly, it makes sense that they're more cautious about the next one.

I'm pleased that they are doing some fresh thinking tbh. The Powerlock IMO is not that great a format. They have a great concept with the compound leverage, excellent quality, but now they need to really announce themselves as players in the MT market with a fresh design. Preferably one that doesn't leave holes in your palms after using the screwdrivers :D

Bring it on SOG!
I used to come here a lot.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:15:08 AM

I don't see why. Announcing the Powercut before they had a viable prototype embarrassed them terribly, it makes sense that they're more cautious about the next one.

I'm pleased that they are doing some fresh thinking tbh. The Powerlock IMO is not that great a format. They have a great concept with the compound leverage, excellent quality, but now they need to really announce themselves as players in the MT market with a fresh design. Preferably one that doesn't leave holes in your palms after using the screwdrivers :D

Bring it on SOG!

True, prematurely listing the PowerCut on their website and in their product catalog was a bad move. 

It just feels like SOG is on a major downward spiral with how things are going for them.  All that buy-out business doesn't sound good either.  For the record, I LOVE SOG and hope this is just a slump and that they're working on something that will really drop our jaws.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 03:21:04 AM
James you may be right, but I've not seen anything myself to suggest anything bad. Companies seek venture capital all the time to invest and expand - it doesn't mean they're failing.

I like the SOG stuff I have too, and companies that make decent stuff generally stay around. I shall only become concerned when I see something to be concerned about.

I used to come here a lot.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:27:36 AM
James you may be right, but I've not seen anything myself to suggest anything bad. Companies seek venture capital all the time to invest and expand - it doesn't mean they're failing.

I like the SOG stuff I have too, and companies that make decent stuff generally stay around. I shall only become concerned when I see something to be concerned about.

Well said, Dave.  :tu:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 02:58:35 AM
Bob,

The finance company bought SOG with hopes of diversifying their company and helping SOG as well. SOG has not had any financial issues and this move for SOG is to broaden their horizons so to speak. This company will give SOG the muscle they need to move forward and increase the size of their company. SOG want to spread out more, sell more product and have the abilities to come up with stuff and not feel limited by finances and what not. Granted all I just said was not word for word as I did not write this all down or anything. Sorry Chris if anything is taken out of context, but what he ment to say in a nutshell is.... SOG is great, no where but up for us and you like what you see as a result of the partnership  :D

That do it for you??  :pok:

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:03 AM
Not entirely.  Though uncertainty about SOG's future on this forum may not be such a bad thing for SOG — it causes us to buy more SOG stuff.

R

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 02:57:17 PM
I forgot to mention this (sorry guys), all of the new PPP and PPPD models will feature the new head design you see on the Powelock 2.0 and on the PowerAssist. I saw it when I was looking at the case and Chris did not even realize it until he put the tools in the case himself. Somethings even fly under the radar when the marketing guy is on the job  :D

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 04:24:53 PM
AWESOME :ahhh

Pics? :pok:
A

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 04:37:25 PM
That's one point down, right Angel? :D Now for some locking mechanism and outside accessible blades... ::) :pok:

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 05:45:39 PM
i guess were getting there :D
A

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00