Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

wenger clipper

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
wenger clipper
on: April 16, 2007, 01:55:04 AM
I have been trying to find this tool since my wife took a fancy to having nail clippers in a multitool, but havent had much luck. Found them on ebay, they ship to the UK for ~$35, which I think is steep.

How much does it cost to buy these in the states? Or does anyone know a european store that sells them at a more reasonable price?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: wenger clipper
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:09:25 AM
Don't worry, we'll get you set up...

Def
Cat Signal.jpg
* Cat Signal.jpg (Filesize: 42.37 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:11:04 AM
I have been trying to find this tool since my wife took a fancy to having nail clippers in a multitool, but havent had much luck. Found them on ebay, they ship to the UK for ~$35, which I think is steep.

How much does it cost to buy these in the states? Or does anyone know a european store that sells them at a more reasonable price?

To the rescue! I can fix you up. Please email me at felinevet@sosakonline.com and I will work it out for you. Thanks, Tim.
T

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:13:28 PM
Hmm I am so tempted to buy one of these clippers, I love the handle design aswell.

The only problem is, I currently have the squirt s4, which has scissors, nail file, knife and tweezers same as the clipper. The difference between the two is that the s4 has some screwdrivers too and a bottle opener, and the clipper has a nail clipper.

If only the clipper also had the screwdriver / bottle opener combo, it would be perfect, I'd buy it in a shot, unfortunately because it doesnt, I cant quite decide whether I should keep the s4 or get the clipper. Unfortunately, due to the large overlap of tools, I wouldnt get both.

Not quite sure what to do.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:15:00 PM
Get them.  Honestly.  Don't think, don't question, just buy.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=35

I thought they were a joke at first too and resisted getting one.  Then Wenger sent me a set to test and I haven't let them out of my sight since.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:47:46 PM
To me, the inclusion of nail clippers always seemed like a good idea.  Aside from fingernails and hangnails, sometimes a good clipper comes in handy.  I'm not sure why it took so long to come out with something like this.  I like mine.  It works pretty well.

I also picked up a Swiss Tech Smart Clip recently.  Has a lot of neat functions including a small LED light.  The clipper, unfortunately, isn't as refined as on the Wenger.  It tends to crush the nail a little bit and isn't as springy as I'd like, but still a nice one for the collection.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 12:21:08 AM
Before I had the Wenger I had a Winchester brand nail clipper that wasn't worth the metal it was made out of.  I honestly thought it was going to break several times on my nails because it was so bad.

It was one of the many reasons that I felt a nail clipper on a multitool/SAK was a dumb idea.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 03:50:34 AM
The clipper tool on the Wenger looks pretty compact. Is it thin enough to be practical if included on a multitool? Or would it take up too many blade spaces?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 04:06:32 AM
It would take up 2-3 "spaces" on a typical Leatherman type tool, but it may be short enough to be one of the "middle" set of tools.

I'll take some measurement pics for you shortly.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:15:27 AM
It would take up 2-3 "spaces" on a typical Leatherman type tool, but it may be short enough to be one of the "middle" set of tools.

I'll take some measurement pics for you shortly.

Def

Thanks, please do.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 04:32:27 AM
Here's one- I'll try to get some better ones later.

Def
Clipper01.JPG
* Clipper01.JPG (Filesize: 78.32 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%