Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Al Mar Quickclip

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Al Mar Quickclip
on: June 06, 2009, 02:56:59 PM
This is a very nice NIB Al Mar Quickclip , sold by a chap off loading his entire Al Mar Collection(over 50 knives & tools) the auction was only open too US ebay users  :(. I contacted the seller & he let me bid as long as it was shipped to a US address. I have Bob to thank for receiving & shipping on to me this ace MT  :cheers: Bob.
The REALLY cool thing about my Quickclip is it is number 190 of 200. Going by Bob's resources in the Tool Encyclopedia Al used to get 200(numbered 1-200) knives/tools made & distributed amongst Al Mar dealers. If response was good Al would then go ahead & produce larger volumes of the knife/tool.So I have a pre production Quickclip  :D :D.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302709-1.jpg[/img]]

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302711-1.jpg[/img]]

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302712.jpg[/img]]
Pretty isn't . My other Al Mar (4x4) does not have the Al Mar corporate logo on either of it's blades.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302715.jpg[/img]]

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302720.jpg[/img]]
Pliers are virtually identical between the Quickclip & 4x4

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302719.jpg[/img]]
The Quickclip I believe was one of the first multitools to incorporate a linner lock knife, early 1990's. It is a bit unusual in that the tools spine is also the knife's spring.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302718.jpg[/img]]
Spring inaction as knife is deployed. Compared to other linner lock knives the Quickclip's spring makes for a unusual feeling on deployment & does not 'snap' on closing  :think:.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302723.jpg[/img]]
I like the beefier 4x4 blade personally  :D

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/Al%20Mar/S6302732.jpg[/img]]
Two MT's that have borrowed from the Quickclip. The Kershaw A100 & Paul Chen Multitasker which both have one handed deploying linner lock main blades (amongst many others)

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Al Mar Quickclip
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:33 PM
They really do make a lovely product don't they :drool:

And good on ya Bob for helping out :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:08:23 PM
Cheers for the pics mate.  Cracking MT :)

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:40:28 PM
Beutiful mate, just beautiful :drool:
A

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:35:45 AM
More good comparison piccies Mat! 8) I do like the QuickClip. Even though its only blade is the knife blade (no screwdrivers) the tradeoff is worthwhile because of how thin it is. Makes for a really nice pocket carry, especially with the pocket clip. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:15 AM
looks good. that is a big knife blade

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:09:45 PM
I've never seen an Al Mar,up close in the flesh,nor in comparison to something else.I never realized they were so big,,and I thought the Paul Chen Multitasker was a honking big tool.
I

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 10:14:43 PM
Great pics MM :tu: You really seem to be getting a lot of the oddball pieces now :cheers: I would like to see a whole group shot of all you odd ones :D The Al Mar tools are very neat lookin little doodads as well ;) :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:51:23 AM
I've never seen an Al Mar,up close in the flesh,nor in comparison to something else.I never realized they were so big,,and I thought the Paul Chen Multitasker was a honking big tool.

Same here. I'm quite surprised by that.

I used to come here a lot.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 07:29:37 PM
Great pics MM :tu: You really seem to be getting a lot of the oddball pieces now :cheers: I would like to see a whole group shot of all you odd ones :D The Al Mar tools are very neat lookin little doodads as well ;) :D

Will do a odd ball photo soon Poncho ;) :D :D. I could do a "Which Tool is ODDER" pole :P :D :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:28 PM

Will do a odd ball photo soon Poncho ;) :D :D. I could do a "Which Tool is ODDER" pole :P :D :D

Well to do a odd pole you might need to go to the events forum :think: :rofl:

Offline ausjulius

• were in dagestan , and make knives ..
Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 12:25:03 AM
damn the fit and finish on those almar tools was horrid, and rough as guts.. but i have to say they were interesting tools.. and i guess more collectability than anything else.. :P

m

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 04:09:51 AM
damn the fit and finish on those almar tools was horrid, and rough as guts.. but i have to say they were interesting tools.. and i guess more collectability than anything else.. :P

Ausj your a tough crowd to play too  :o :D. I admit the Al Mars do bare the marks of being made by hand as opposed to robotic machines. But I think that adds to their appeal.Like I did say they are easily the sharpest blades I have come across out of the box. Have you handled many Al Mars ? What faults did you see in them?

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 05:07:25 AM

Ausj your a tough crowd to play too  :o :D. I admit the Al Mars do bare the marks of being made by hand as opposed to robotic machines. But I think that adds to their appeal.Like I did say they are easily the sharpest blades I have come across out of the box. Have you handled many Al Mars ? What faults did you see in them?
I did'nt realize that they were so poorly made.  Glad I found a sucker to take mine off my hands  :P                         :D
Dennis

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 05:12:37 AM

I did'nt realize that they were so poorly made.  Glad I found a sucker to take mine off my hands  :P                         :D

He is a HUGE sucker as he keeps coming back for more :P :D :D :D
Now Dennis go find me a reasonably priced 25th Anniversary Wave :pok: :pok: :P :D :D :D Please  :angel: :D

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 10:50:46 PM
that i

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:55 AM
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 04:11:37 AM
That is the best effing tool I have ever seen  :think: :P :D :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 04:23:25 AM
That is the best effing tool I have ever seen  :think: :P :D :D

That's what I figured he meant too :salute: :D

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 10:05:44 AM
What a pretty thing. :D

I'll never own one. :D
Got those frog legs.

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 02:44:25 AM

Now Dennis go find me a reasonably priced 25th Anniversary Wave :pok: :pok: :P :D :D :D Please  :angel: :D

Gander mountain had them for $60 a couple weeks ago when I was in there!!! Went back a week later with actually some $$$ & they were back up to regular price. >:(
N

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 03:28:56 AM
What was "regular price?"  I see them from time to time going in the $200 range.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 05:29:23 PM

I did'nt realize that they were so poorly made.  Glad I found a sucker to take mine off my hands  :P                         :D

Now Dennis go find me a reasonably priced 25th Anniversary Wave :pok: :pok: :P :D :D :D Please  :angel: :D

Gander mountain had them for $60 a couple weeks ago when I was in there!!! Went back a week later with actually some $$$ & they were back up to regular price. >:(

Bowman, Dennis did is normal trick & found me a great deal on a 25th Anniversary Wave  ;) ;) .They really are a flash looking specials.

And if you are talking about $60 Quickclips , do you mind buying my 40-50 & I shall retire  :P :P :P :D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:32:11 PM by MultiMat »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31