Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Kf4

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Juice Kf4
on: September 16, 2006, 02:56:50 AM
Well I have been carrying this thing for a few days now and I am getting pretty used to it.  The saw thing is kind oif a pain in the bum, but I don't think I am going to send it in for that- it looks more like a design flaw than a manufacturing defect.
The saw should have been placed on the "inside" of the channel instead of the outside so that when you push against it to pull it out it would rub a little against the inner liner instead of flexing that way.
Other than that, it's a pretty handy little tool, and I like it a fair bit.  So far, I think it's my favorite of teh three that I have, although I miss the scissors and the corkscrew (and mini screwdriver) from the other models.  I am looking foreward to getting an XE6 or Pro sometime.
Def
Kf4.JPG
* Kf4.JPG (Filesize: 52.3 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline gatch

Re: Juice Kf4
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:28:14 AM
The KF4 is my favourite Juice too, closely followed by the S2. Did you that Leatherman has discontinued the KF4, as it is now no longer listed as a current product on their site but is in the retired tools section? I am at a loss why they chose to discontinue the Juice I consider the best. Luckily I stocked up on them...

I recently got a Juice Pro and I am not impressed: I find it too bulky to be of practical use and too heavy to EDC.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 02:38:51 AM
I found out a little while ago that the Kf4 was discontinued and I wasn't overly thrilled to hear that.  I think it's a great tool, but I guess more folks are interested in scissors than woodsaws and serrated blades.

Kinda funny story actually- my Kf4 finally drew blood!  Fortunately it wasn't mine!  I was having supper with a friend of mine and showed it to him since we were talking about websites.  As he was looking at it, the serrated blade slipped out of his fingers and snapped down on his thumb.  He didn't even know he was bleeding until a few minutes later when he wondered why his fork was so slippery!

I told him not to worry, that I was going to use that tool to murder several people now that his DNA was on it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 02:48:40 AM
Wellllll as you know I have a KF4 but when ever I carry it I seem to miss the Scissors........so my fav juices are the S2,CS4,XE6 AND Pro......they all need a sheath though cept the S2 which I don't mind in my pocket, hardly notice it!

Kap
I

Offline gatch

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 05:17:05 AM
Yes, the lack of scissors is my gripe too. My perfect Juice would be the KF4 that repalces the wood saw (for which I have no use) with scissors. I really like the scissors on the Juice series too.

One solution I have found is to pair the KF4 with a Squirt S4 or a SAK with scissors (such as the Compact).

I am not fond of the corkscrew on the Juice line as I have found it to be very weak, bending at the slightest use.

But I do love my S2; nice compact tool.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 12:14:33 PM
With almost 200 SAKs around the house and a large lever action corkscrew, I have only managed to use the Jiuce coerkscrew a couple of times, but it seemed to perform well enough when I did.  Of course, this isn't the first time I've heard that the corkscrew was flimsy.
Def

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:21:36 AM
Hey Def, I just went to a flea market here in sunny Fl. today, and I saw a Juice Kf4, and it was selling for $79.99!!!!!  Thinking it might have been a badly written $19.99, I verified it with the guy at the both, and he said "no, 80 bucks."  DAMN!!!!!  After learning about Costco and it's offering, I laughed and walked away.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:33:45 AM
Go buy two at Costco and sell them to him for half of what he's charging...

Def

Offline Perfectionist

Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 06:14:09 PM
So are leatherman going to bring out another model to replace the KF4 ..... it lacked the scissors but had the best size/weight and funkiest colour out of all the Juices !!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 06:15:59 PM
As far as I know, there are no plans to replace the Kf4 at this time.  I'll check with my contact at Leatherman and see if she can give any more info though.

It's really too bad though- this is a great model.  I am relly quite pleased with it so far.

Def

Offline Perfectionist

Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 04:08:40 AM
Hell yeah !! The KF4 was my first ever Leatherman !! 

Yup, I was a multitool virgin before I got it - no wonder I'm feeling sentimental !! :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 04:58:27 AM
I have to say that I am quite pleased with it- other than the saw issue, which I see as being a simple matter of poor planning.  Nothing too major mind you, just more of an annoyance as it was something that didn't have to be.
Def

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 05:30:38 PM
Plus when you drop it in the river it's not hard to find again
Yabba dabba doo!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31