Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Actor David Carradine found dead

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Actor David Carradine found dead
on: June 04, 2009, 05:51:46 PM
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: Actor David Carradine found dead
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:59:35 PM
thats sad :( i really like him...i remember Kung Fu, hope he is in a better place :salute:
A

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:13:32 PM
not completely surprised... I've got a great story about him from the filming of an episode of the legend continues (which was filmed in Toronto Canada...)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:19:32 PM
 :( :( :(
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:24:41 PM
A real shame.  :cry:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:30:58 PM
I'll miss him too. Kung Fu was incredibly important to me as a kid.  :cry: :salute:
[

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 07:02:38 PM
Sad news :(
Prone to daydreaming.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 07:10:53 PM
Bit sad that :(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 07:41:41 PM
RIP Grasshopper.I loved the show and any interview I seen or read he came across as a really chilled out guy not a luvvie in any way

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 09:48:51 PM
I really liked him in Wild West Tech
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 10:03:07 PM
He was great in Lone Wolf McQuade.

:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:48 PM
Really sad... and a bit odd too.  ???

I thought his comeback in Kill Bill was brilliant.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 10:55:06 PM

"I follow the Tao. No one can say to what solitude that might lead, My journey is endless, until it comes full circle at my death."–Kwai Chang Caine

Thanks for Kung Fu!
:like:    :MTO:

Offline appletree_man

Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:08:53 AM
RIP  :(
T

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:47 AM
Seemed like a nice guy that's bad to hear :-[ Anything he was in was usually pretty good to me :) Remember Death Race 2000 :) Here's to you David :salute:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 11:31:42 AM
Seemed like a nice guy that's bad to hear :-[ Anything he was in was usually pretty good to me :) Remember Death Race 2000 :) Here's to you David :salute:

I oddly really liked that film.
I'm back!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 01:05:41 PM

I oddly really liked that film.

One of the best Westerns of all time (IMO) was "The Long Riders" with him and his brothers.  Well worth watching if you've never seen it.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:35 PM
I've got a great story about him from the filming of an episode of the legend continues (which was filmed in Toronto Canada...)

Do tell.  I heard that he would like to go drinking but a lot of drunk people would come up to him and challenge him to see if he really knew kung fu.  Carradine would never fight them so he would offer to buy them more drinks and kept feeding them drinks until they were so drunk that they completely forgot about wanting to fight him.

I actually loved watching that show.  When that show was really popular and being filmed here in Toronto, my mom once saw him wandering around downtown Chinatown reading a script.  She ran up to him for an autograph.  She says he stayed in character the whole time and was very quiet and spacey but still 100% polite.  She gave me the autograph but I have no idea where I put it. :(
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 02:45:23 PM
I've got a great story about him from the filming of an episode of the legend continues (which was filmed in Toronto Canada...)

Do tell.  I heard that he would like to go drinking but a lot of drunk people would come up to him and challenge him to see if he really knew kung fu.  Carradine would never fight them so he would offer to buy them more drinks and kept feeding them drinks until they were so drunk that they completely forgot about wanting to fight him.

I actually loved watching that show.  When that show was really popular and being filmed here in Toronto, my mom once saw him wandering around downtown Chinatown reading a script.  She ran up to him for an autograph.  She says he stayed in character the whole time and was very quiet and spacey but still 100% polite.  She gave me the autograph but I have no idea where I put it. :(

Well... there's a good reason he was so "spacey", he was a total pothead/substance abuser.

During the filming of one of the episodes, my roommate at the time was lucky enough to get a spot as an extra. They were filming scene in a "rock" bar, and needed people with long hair etc... They spent the whole day on the set, paid basically to stand around. They "rehearsed" a few times (basically he was told to chat up some girls and dance without music... in a rock bar... lol) and after several hours of repeating the same boring thing it became difficult to keep the interested/enthusiastic look. Eventually Carradine showed up (drunk/stoned... he wasn't sure)... The scene itself was only maybe one minute of the episode, basically Carradine comes in, grabs a guy asks something and leaves. After they did a few takes, he hooked up with two girls that had some marajuana, rolled it all into one joint and smoked it all for himself.  As he was leaving, he walked into a broom closet and closed the door behind him... a few minutes later, came out, said, "that's not the way out" and left the set.

It's been about 15 years since that happened of course... I managed to see that episode at least two times (and my roommate only for like a split second...) I don't find the whole thing hard to believe.

Hope it doesn't tarnish the image of what you think of his work. Stars are rarely what we imagine them to be. It seems all the more ironic he was found dead in a closet...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 02:56:57 PM
Heh.  That's exactly what I thought he'd be like.  (Except the part about bogarting the joint).  Somehow dying in Thailand seems appropos for him.   :salute:

Offline Biru

Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 03:54:33 PM
He was fine in "Kill Bill" and "The Long Riders" , and don't forget what might be his most critically lauded role, playing Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory". I was prepared to really hate him in that, but he won me over. Not a bad guitar player...

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 01:15:29 PM
NOW!!!  According to the latest tabloids, why he was tied up was due to the fact he was into the kinky stuff, like auto-erotic-asphiciasion(sorry for the spelling)

If true, why did he need that for???  He was in THAILAND!! If you can't get any there,,,,,,,YOU JUST CAN'T GET ANY!!!! :think:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $215.83
PayPal Fees: $12.54
Net Balance: $203.29
Below Goal: $96.71
Site Currency: USD
68%