Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Assisted/One Handed Opener Ban, WIndow is closing!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
The window for sending an email you your federal lawmaker, statin g your opposition, to the proposed customs ban is on 6/21/09.  After that they will accept no more emails,,,,,,,,,,,,,just snail mail.

Contact your lawmaker now!!!

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

YOUR FREEDOM, IS AGAIN, AT STAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: Assisted/One Handed Opener Ban, WIndow is closing!
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:30:10 PM
My letter left this morning :salute:
[

us Offline django.cj

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:59:35 AM
Sent mine out yesterday.  This stuff sickens me to no end.  By the time I retire, I won't have anything left to look forward to.  I fully expect hunting, fishing, and most everything else to be illegal by then.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:21:06 AM
I can now officially BITCH because I wrote my Congressmen and my Senator I even wrote the Mayor of Greenfield.

Just like my Uncle use to tell me "If you don't vote you have no right to complain." :pok:

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 01:36:54 AM
Dang it if your country banned one handed opening blade I'm sure other countries will follow, next thing you know our country will ban it too.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 04:31:03 AM
I didn't send anything to my congressman, Patrick Kennedy, because he's currently in rehab for drug use.  I'm afraid the letter would not be read, and if it were to be read, it would not be comprehended. 

Kennedy has acknowledged being treated for cocaine use during his teenage years, and admitted that he abused drugs and alcohol while he was a student at Providence College.[2] He sought treatment for an OxyContin addiction in 2006.[3]

In 2000, Kennedy was accused of pushing a security guard at LAX. City prosecutors ultimately decided not to bring criminal charges against him and he paid an undisclosed civil settlement to the alleged victim almost two years later.[4]

In 2000, Atlantic Navigation Company of Mystic, Connecticut claimed that a boat they rented to Kennedy was found abandoned off Martha's Vineyard with $28,000 worth of damage.[5]

The same year, the Coast Guard was dispatched to Kennedy's yacht after he and his date became embroiled in an argument on his yacht off Martha's Vineyard.[6]

In 2003, Kennedy was criticised for saying "I have never worked a fing day in my life," which his staff later claimed was a satirical reference to repeated charges of never having worked.[7]

In 2007, the Kennedy camp stated that they will retain $6,600 in donations from fugitive Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu.  Kennedy is one of the few Democrats not to return or donate these contributions.  This is a controversial action because of the allegation that Hsu has been using his personal funds to unfairly influence Washington
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 04:33:26 AM
And not to turn this into a total derailment...if over the course of the next few months or years, one handed knives become "outlawed", will you stop carrying them?
[

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:07:28 AM
And not to turn this into a total derailment...if over the course of the next few months or years, one handed knives become "outlawed", will you stop carrying them?

I'll just be an enemy of the state!!!
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 04:31:23 AM
Same here...I've got the feeling though that if there was a ban on rope in America people would comply.
[

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 04:42:21 AM
Same here...I've got the feeling though that if there was a ban on rope in America people would comply.

The american people have become such mindless sheep, if the government banned wiping your a$$, not only would they would comply, but they'd rat you for having a clean a$$!!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 04:03:32 PM
there is part of a thread on blade forums that deals with idea that with this re-invention or whatever you want to call it that the BUCK 110 Folding knife is one of the knives that will be on the ban.  Can you imagine not being able to carry a Buck 110 around anymore?  Apparently it can be opened one handed by grabbing the blade and flicking it allowing the weight of the handle to snap it open and lock.  Ridiculous!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 05:22:42 PM
there is part of a thread on blade forums that deals with idea that with this re-invention or whatever you want to call it that the BUCK 110 Folding knife is one of the knives that will be on the ban.  Can you imagine not being able to carry a Buck 110 around anymore?  Apparently it can be opened one handed by grabbing the blade and flicking it allowing the weight of the handle to snap it open and lock.  Ridiculous!

Now that is pathetic.  ::)
I'm back!!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 05:54:22 PM

...I haven't been able to legally carry the 110 for long time.  The blade is over 3".
[

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 01:17:32 AM
are there many places in the USA where you cannot carry over 3 inches?

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 02:05:35 AM
are there many places in the USA where you cannot carry over 3 inches?

I'm not completely sure on the stats, but it seems any large to medium sized city here restricts you to basically a small SAK or similar.  Even the 111mm SAKs are outlawed for EDC due to the "long" blades.  Some places are 4" and under though, and there are some places where men and women are trusted with anything and everything, in which case they REGULATE THEMSELVES.

The killer is that even if you live in a place that "allows" carry of a 4" blade...within minutes you could be crossing the border into an area that doesn't allow those blades...so it becomes a mishmash of rules that are made impossible to follow, therefore any law abiding citizen carrys the bare minimum and prays for the best.  Criminals don't care and actually applaud all these rules and regualtions.  The chances of a man or woman pulling a pistol or self defense knife...or baton...etc on them during a confrontation are slim to none.  And if you did you'd be put in prison while you're being sued by the criminal for presenting a pistol when the criminal "only" had a 8" kitchen knife.

arggg I'll stop

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:10:52 AM by Corrugated »
[

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 03:19:57 AM
I didn't send anything to my congressman, Patrick Kennedy, because he's currently in rehab for drug use.  I'm afraid the letter would not be read, and if it were to be read, it would not be comprehended. 

Even if he were sober enough to comprehend your letter, why should anyone waste the time to write to this fascist clown?

He's a Democrat - 'nuff said.

N

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:31 PM

Even if he were sober enough to comprehend your letter, why should anyone waste the time to write to this fascist clown?

I highly doubt he even knows what "facism" is...he just kind of floats through life...makes absurd speeches about nothing in front of friendly audiences.  Democrat, Republican, Republicrat, Demican...it's all the same to me.

[

us Offline django.cj

Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 09:59:05 PM
I've lost all faith in our system. The police are crooked, the politicians are liars who ignore the constitution, and the judges support them. It's hard to really care anymore, there's no stopping this nonsense.

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 11:06:37 PM

While the previous Republican administration brought us the Patriot Act.   Don't expect any joy from either party on this.
R

us Offline django.cj

Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 02:17:55 AM

While the previous Republican administration brought us the Patriot Act.   Don't expect any joy from either party on this.

That's the truth.  Neither party cares about you or your rights, they both want power for their own benefit.  Sadly, this reminds me of the Simpson's Halloween special:
Kent: Senator Dole, why should people vote for you instead of President
      Clinton?
Kang: It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way,
      your planet is doomed. DOOMED!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 10:12:16 AM
I highly doubt he even knows what "facism" is...he just kind of floats through life...makes absurd speeches about nothing in front of friendly audiences.  Democrat, Republican, Republicrat, Demican...it's all the same to me.

Demagog Party = Fascist
Repugnant Party = Fascist-lite  ;>

Seriously though, Repugs are generally better than Demagogs on issues of personal liberty:  the right to buy and carry guns, knives, etc.

"Alcohol, Tobacco, and, Firearms" should be a sign on convenience stores, not a Federal agency.

N

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:38 PM
I highly doubt he even knows what "facism" is...he just kind of floats through life...makes absurd speeches about nothing in front of friendly audiences.  Democrat, Republican, Republicrat, Demican...it's all the same to me.

Demagog Party = Fascist
Repugnant Party = Fascist-lite  ;>

Seriously though, Repugs are generally better than Demagogs on issues of personal liberty:  the right to buy and carry guns, knives, etc.

It is really more of a city/country thing than a partisan thing.   It is important that we realize that!
The only reason the Democrats look worse on this issue is that more of them represent urban areas.
Big-city Republicans support gun control, just like big-city Democrats.   Look at Rudolph Guiliani.

btw, the BATF as we now know it was brought into being by President Nixon.

Democratic or Republican, if their constituency is a large city, they will be under pressure to "do something about" guns and knives.
How do we answer those demands?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:39:24 PM by AndyTiedye »
R

us Offline django.cj

Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:32 PM

Democratic or Republican, if their constituency is a large city, they will be under pressure to "do something about" guns and knives.
How do we answer those demands?

By addressing the problems of education, gangs, broken families, ie the things that don't sound good in a 3 second soundbite.  Therefore I fully expect them to continue on the current path. 

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 12:58:28 AM
I'd like a candidate to come foward with a policy of repealing two laws for every one law he (or she) pushes.

And check out www.kniferights.org...looks like a few politicians joined the fight on "our" side...I've got to read more..
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:09 AM
From kniferights.org

Our representative in Washington reports he was told that CPB has received 8 Postal Service tubs and estimated 2,000 comments. Knife Rights was told to expect an opportunity to inspect the comments during the second week of July after CBP has had the opportunity to open and classify the comments. Thanks to everyone who made the extra effort to mail in their comments to Customs. One must assume that this is about 7.9 tubs more than they expected.

[

Offline Fishnuts2

Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 02:11:43 AM
Looks like it is time to stock up!
W

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 02:18:41 AM
Like we needed an excuse... ::) :D

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 03:21:39 PM
8 Postal Service tubes

Is that alot? I have no idea howe big a tube is.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 05:00:43 PM
I think they meant "tub"...and I honestly can't tell is 2,000 letters is seen as "A lot" to politicians on the Federal level. 

[

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 10:41:15 PM
OK GANG!! Round 2 is coming up in the senate and the deadline is July 7th. :ahhh

So contact your senator NOW!!!
http://www.senate.gov/

:tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%