Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG's new wire strippers... is it originally a Paladin component?

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
http://sogknives.com/store/100-442.html

I noticed the component doesn't have "SOG" written all over it plus it has a lightning bolt logo instead of SOG's "shark fin/knife cutting bullet" logo.  Is this a Paladin component?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:20:15 PM by PyroJames »
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I don't think so. I've got all three Paladin models and none of them have that wire stripper gizmo. :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
To the best of my knowledge, the wire stripping implement was a SOG implement that was to be included in the PowerCut.  :)
B

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Does SOG make Paladin?

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
they do a special run of parts(and complete MTs) branded as paladin but they are sog in scence :)
A

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Yeah, Paladin Tools wanted multitools for the data communication industry so they got together with SOG and collaborated on a multitool.  The result is their PowerPlay multitools which share similar components, features and design to SOG's PowerLocks.

@ LM123: you're absolutely right. I just checked their catalog and notice the wire stripper component on the PowerCut.  I had completely forgotten all about that.  The lightning bolt logo threw me off and for some reason, I instantly thought of Paladin when I saw it.   ???  I try to forget all about the PowerCut now...  :(
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
they do a special run of parts(and complete MTs) branded as paladin but they are sog in scence :)

Cliosguy, I got another s62 on ebay(new and for alot less $ than the one I returned)
This one is complete w/ v-cutter and locks much better. very happy with this one, suspect someone switched that last one I got as the packaging was not fully sealed, and not tied down with wire like this new one.

Another guy sells the paladin pt525 for $30 + $7 shipping on ebay, is that a good tool/decent price??
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:11:24 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club

Cliosguy, I got another s62 on ebay(new and for alot less $ than the one I returned)
This one is complete w/ v-cutter and locks much better. very happy with this one, suspect someone switched that last one I got as the packaging was not fully sealed, and not tied down with wire like this new one.

congrats :tu: im currently waiting to get back in town to pick up my brand new broken powerlock and harvest it "Escape from L.A." style :D
A

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Another guy sells the paladin pt525 for $30 + $7 shipping on ebay, is that a good tool/decent price??

Definitely.  Paladin PowerPlays are more expensive than SOG PowerLocks so $30 for a 525 is a good deal.  525 normally sells for $80+ USD.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club

Definitely.  Paladin PowerPlays are more expensive than SOG PowerLocks so $30 for a 525 is a good deal.  525 normally sells for $80+ USD.

+1 :tu:
A

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99