Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you could only pick one?

Poll

If you could only have one, which would it be?

Farmer
35 (71.4%)
OHT
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Re: If you could only pick one?
Reply #60 on: June 24, 2009, 04:33:25 AM
I.... uh..... damn, what the hell was this thread about?
Sorry about that...It's the voices in Mikes head that make him go off topic...

* bearxray02.jpg (Filesize: 7.94 KB)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 07:13:54 AM
I.... uh..... damn, what the hell was this thread about?
Sorry about that...It's the voices in Mikes head that make him go off topic...
You've seen Boris and Illya then :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 05:06:13 PM
OH yeah, Farmer for me.  I only own a Wenger SI, but I LOVE the Alox line.  I edc the SI everywhere, and as has been said already, it is good in just about any environment.  In reality, there is really nothing the OHT can do that the Farmer can't, other then open the main blade one handed.  Anything else, like the phillips screwdriver, toothpick, and tweezers can all be handled by the Farmer.  Just gotta use your noggin a little.  Plus, the awl is longer on the Farmer, and in a better spot, so if you get into a grappling match with the zombies, you can stab them in the eye and get to their brains.  Not only that, but the Farmer would look REALLY cool doing it.  LOL. 

Alright, I gotta step in RIGHT here.  This has gotten completely out of hand.  Purely fallacious argument.

1.  Zombies are the UNDEAD therefore, poking them in the brain is not an effective strategy.  They have to be mechanically disabled--head chopped off, legs removed, internal organs scrambled by a shotgun blast--that sort of thing.

2. The longer awl on the Farmer is an argument FOR use BY the Zombies--afterall, they're the ones craving brain, not you.

3.  Oddly enough, Zombies seem to be uniquely unable to use simple tools like axes, saws etc.  They generally just grab their quarry and start munching.  This applies to both the slow-moving variety of zombie and the more clever and quicker fast moving zombie.

Therefore: Although the Farmer would be the better SAK for Zombies to use (for brain acquisition), it is unlikely that Zombies represent an untapped market due to their reluctance to adopt new methods of brain procurement.

Continue on about MikeLotS' brain.  :salute:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 05:26:23 PM
OH yeah, Farmer for me.  I only own a Wenger SI, but I LOVE the Alox line.  I edc the SI everywhere, and as has been said already, it is good in just about any environment.  In reality, there is really nothing the OHT can do that the Farmer can't, other then open the main blade one handed.  Anything else, like the phillips screwdriver, toothpick, and tweezers can all be handled by the Farmer.  Just gotta use your noggin a little.  Plus, the awl is longer on the Farmer, and in a better spot, so if you get into a grappling match with the zombies, you can stab them in the eye and get to their brains.  Not only that, but the Farmer would look REALLY cool doing it.  LOL. 

Alright, I gotta step in RIGHT here.  This has gotten completely out of hand.  Purely fallacious argument.

1.  Zombies are the UNDEAD therefore, poking them in the brain is not an effective strategy.  They have to be mechanically disabled--head chopped off, legs removed, internal organs scrambled by a shotgun blast--that sort of thing.

2. The longer awl on the Farmer is an argument FOR use BY the Zombies--afterall, they're the ones craving brain, not you.

3.  Oddly enough, Zombies seem to be uniquely unable to use simple tools like axes, saws etc.  They generally just grab their quarry and start munching.  This applies to both the slow-moving variety of zombie and the more clever and quicker fast moving zombie.

Therefore: Although the Farmer would be the better SAK for Zombies to use (for brain acquisition), it is unlikely that Zombies represent an untapped market due to their reluctance to adopt new methods of brain procurement.

Good on you for stepping in and correcting that one mate.  :D
I'm back!!

Reply #64 on: June 24, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

I admire your attention to detail son :salute: :D

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #65 on: June 24, 2009, 06:54:08 PM
Yes, but...does the longer OHT saw offer any advantage when de-limbing Zombies?

Reply #66 on: June 24, 2009, 09:48:57 PM
Yes, but...does the longer OHT saw offer any advantage when de-limbing Zombies? (Image removed from quote.)
I'll put it to the test after dark >:D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: June 24, 2009, 09:57:49 PM
Yes, but...does the longer OHT saw offer any advantage when de-limbing Zombies? (Image removed from quote.)

Doubtful. 

If you were trying to remove arms, you're too close.  The risk of serious bite, let alone brain consumption, is too great, since a serious bite can (in many circumstances) turn you into a Zombie.

If removing legs, well, you've exposed the back of your head to the zombie's arms and mouth, which are free, right?  Therefore, again, it's a bad idea.

Head removal would be pretty tricky with the saw, since it's not really an optimal bone saw. 

No, delimbing is best left to machete, short sword or chainsaw, assuming you have plenty of fuel and properly tightened the chain.

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #68 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:39 PM
So the poll should have been...Farmer, OHT or Chainsaw

Reply #69 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:33 PM
So the poll should have been...Farmer, OHT or Chainsaw (Image removed from quote.)
I'll stick with the Farmer. Way greener :D

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #70 on: June 24, 2009, 10:44:09 PM
So the poll should have been...Farmer, OHT or Chainsaw (Image removed from quote.)
Zombie Hugger... >:(

Reply #71 on: June 24, 2009, 10:45:56 PM
Zombie Hugger... >:( (Image removed from quote.)
Hey, Zombies have feeling too you know >:( >:( :D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: June 24, 2009, 10:54:01 PM

Mike, I don't think I even know you any more!   :o :cry:

:ahhh

Reply #73 on: June 24, 2009, 10:56:47 PM

I just feel there missunderstood :-\

I mean, have you tried brains ???, there both nutricious and tasty, so you can't really blame 'our' undead bretheren for wanting to tuck in can you :) :D :D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:17 PM

I mean, have you tried brains ???, there both nutricious and tasty, so you can't really blame 'our' undead bretheren for wanting to tuck in can you :) :D :D

This is EXACTLY how Mad Cow Disease got so out of hand.  It's a slippery slope.  First brains, then virgin blood, where does it all end?  One cannot allow themselves to be swayed by Zombie Lobbyists. 

Reply #75 on: June 24, 2009, 11:03:00 PM

This is EXACTLY how Mad Cow Disease got so out of hand.  It's a slippery slope.  First brains, then virgin blood, where does it all end?  One cannot allow themselves to be swayed by Zombie Lobbyists. 
What have you got against the Dark Ambrosia now >:(

You've no love in your heart have you :cry: :D

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #76 on: June 24, 2009, 11:12:03 PM

Goes to show how much YOU know, Mr. Whippy!!! >:(
If you watch land of the Dead, you'll see that the main zombie is CLEARLY learning how to work the rifle, as well as organizing the zombies for a rebellion against the fortified city that houses the tasty human!!!  This nullifies point three of your "argument"!!
Zombie illiterate naive.  :pok:

8)

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:22 PM
Zombie illiterate?
Is that a term?
and how come I can't find the Zombie smilies!?!?!?!?!?   :ahhh

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:31 PM
From Wikipedia re: Big Daddy:

Unusually aware and intelligent, Big Daddy (in a continuance of the "Bub" plot-line from Day of the Dead) directs some of his fellow zombies to use firearms and overcome the more rudimentary human defenses.

So, this one instance is an anomaly, not the run of the mill Zombie by any stretch.  Still, it is a disturbing development, if laws of evolution apply to Zombies.   :ahhh

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #79 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:14 PM

Unusually aware and intelligent, Big Daddy (in a continuance of the "Bub" plot-line from Day of the Dead) directs some of his fellow zombies to use firearms and overcome the more rudimentary human defenses.

So, this one instance is an anomaly, not the run of the mill Zombie by any stretch.  Still, it is a disturbing development, if laws of evolution apply to Zombies.   :ahhh

were screw! :ahhh :ahhh
A

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 11:52:29 PM

LOL.  Wow, you actually went and looked for this?  HAHA.  I take back my comments.  You, my friend, are indeed a fountain of zombie Knowledge.
Here's a bit of Zombie trivia, for ya.  Did you know that Simon Pegg, from Shaun of the Dead, was also in Land of the Dead?  LOL.  I'll bet HE would have used the Farmer against them too, and then had a drink at the Winchester!!   :cheers:

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #81 on: June 25, 2009, 03:19:35 AM

I have just the thing…

R

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: June 25, 2009, 03:26:19 AM

LOL.  Wow, you actually went and looked for this?  HAHA.  I take back my comments.  You, my friend, are indeed a fountain of zombie Knowledge.
Here's a bit of Zombie trivia, for ya.  Did you know that Simon Pegg, from Shaun of the Dead, was also in Land of the Dead?  LOL.  I'll bet HE would have used the Farmer against them too, and then had a drink at the Winchester!!   :cheers:

Thanks, but I am just an observer of the phenomenon.  My daughter has worked out the permutations for your best chances of survival based on age, sex, promiscuity (eg if you're a teenager and you've ever had sex, you're doomed), best weapons in various situations, proper attitude towards zombie attack (not too tough but not completely freaked either), best alliances, best buildings to use, best vehicles to drive, how to tell when your position is compromised, and much more.

I've encouraged her to blog about it, but she sez, to do so would be too arrogant and doom her in the event of a zombie attack.

Like I said, the student has become the teacher. :mn:

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #83 on: June 25, 2009, 03:32:31 AM
Even though I love ALOX I am not a fan of the Farmer so I would have to go with the OHT.
For the simple fact it has all the same tools and a few extras plus it is bigger and more comfortable.

As far as zombie killing I would go with a Cold Steel Kukri and a 12 guage loaded with #00 buck and piano wire. ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:39 AM
Here's how the experts do it.  :D  (not kiddie friendly, but very funny)

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: June 25, 2009, 10:10:49 AM
Cheers mate those two guys are hilarious :D

Reply #86 on: June 25, 2009, 06:26:05 PM
Here's how the experts do it.  :D  (not kiddie friendly, but very funny)

Classic :D :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69