Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Last call!!!

us Offline bren10man

Last call!!!
on: June 24, 2009, 02:58:04 PM
Folks:

I will be going on leave to CONUS around 10 July.

I will be able to make 1 or 2 trips to Seoul and see the Vic Dude at the maket.

Here is what he has that I know is rare:

1897-1997 Swiss Champ (hmm....I wonder where Felinevet got his.....hmmmm)
1897-1997 Spartan
Solo Safari series, red handle
Grand Prix (think Mountaineer with Phillips in lieu of corkscrew with Ford Model-T logo)
Swiss Card Quatro, all 4 color types

We cleaned out all the OD Troopers and the First Mates.  Dont ask, all gone.

If sold in USA or common, I won't get it.

Send me your wants and needs....I will ship to Felinevet before I go home for 3 weeks.
MOLON LABE!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Last call!!!
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:33 PM
I'm good thanks :)

But thanks for taking time out to help everyone out :cheers:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:54:37 PM
Bren10man,

If they have the Quattro in red and blue, I'd take one of each.

Thanks!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:58:42 PM
Don't want anything but to say Welcome Home!!!  Rock of the Marne!!!!(and the Euphrates and Tigris) HOO-AH!!!
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:11:52 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

I have a blue one right now I can send to you.....I can get the red one this weekend or 4th of July weekend...and then send both.  He also has Quatro's in black and grey.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:17:16 PM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:16:33 PM
Don't want anything but to say Welcome Home!!!  Rock of the Marne!!!!(and the Euphrates and Tigris) HOO-AH!!!

I wouldn't give a bean, to be a fancy pants Marine...I would rather be a dog-face soldier like I am......  HOO-AH!!!

Lets just say I have put SAK buying to the wayside, and buying stuff off the 'net, and forwarding packages to my mom's house for a very LOUD homecoming to my toys: HK-91, STG-556, M1A, AR-15, M1911's, HK USP Tactical .45, SIG, Colt, Garands, my best friend's Barret M107 .50 cal, etc.....

14 hours after I arrive home, Alabama Gun Collector's Show in Birmingham, AL awaits me (it has been 2 years, 1 month since my last trek at a gunshow......), along with pockets full of $$$ that will be burning WHITE HOT to be used during my "shopping spree"...LOL!!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:19:02 PM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:26:06 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

I have a blue one right now I can send to you.....I can get the red one this weekend or 4th of July weekend...and then send both.  He also has Quatro's in black and grey.

I'm in for both!  Is this going through Tim or directly through you?

us Offline bren10man

Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 05:39:53 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

I could do it via Felinevet OR, ship them to you when I get to CONUS.
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 05:44:54 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

I could do it via Felinevet OR, ship them to you when I get to CONUS.

Whichever works best for you, I'm good with.  Thanks for your efforts!

Nate

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:52 AM
14 hours after I arrive home, Alabama Gun Collector's Show in Birmingham, AL awaits me (it has been 2 years, 1 month since my last trek at a gunshow......)

Think he might be in for a little "sticker shock"?
R

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 03:02:40 AM
Would they happen to have a Victorinox Serrated Ranger? I know this is a long shot, but I  would LOVE this model!
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 03:42:42 AM
Lets just say I have put SAK buying to the wayside, and buying stuff off the 'net, and forwarding packages to my mom's house for a very LOUD homecoming to my toys: HK-91, STG-556, M1A, AR-15, M1911's, HK USP Tactical .45, SIG, Colt, Garands, my best friend's Barret M107 .50 cal, etc.....

When I was in the military I also sent a buttload of money back home to buy guns. I had a bunch waiting for me when I got home. But I was into the Old West style of guns back then. But anyway, I want some pics of those guns when you get back. I'm sure everyone would love to see them.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 04:05:55 AM

When I was in the military I also sent a buttload of money back home to buy guns. I had a bunch waiting for me when I got home. But I was into the Old West style of guns back then. But anyway, I want some pics of those guns when you get back. I'm sure everyone would love to see them.
+1  :D
Lucky your forefathers have the foresight to include the 2nd Amendment, a countries Army, Navy and Air force can be defeated in days.... But a well armed militia can fight a war almost indefinitely :salute:
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 08:59:02 AM
14 hours after I arrive home, Alabama Gun Collector's Show in Birmingham, AL awaits me (it has been 2 years, 1 month since my last trek at a gunshow......)

Think he might be in for a little "sticker shock"?

NOPE!!!  My friends back home and various gunboards and gun broker houses on the 'net have enabled me to keep up with the results of the obamination that has swept the fruited plain.......I am well aware of what costs what.  Prior to election day last year, I ordered 2K rounds of 5.56mm and 7.62mm that arrived at my mom's 2 days after election day.....and I bought it at prices I could afford, unlike now.  Last summer, I spent $4K on rifles I knew that would be banned.....and I bought those at prices I could afford, too.  The Department of MY Defense budget does not go into defecet spending mode, ever.  Early bird gets the worm.......
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 08:59:30 AM
Would they happen to have a Victorinox Serrated Ranger? I know this is a long shot, but I  would LOVE this model!

I will ask....but do not recall seeing one there.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 09:03:43 AM
Lucky your forefathers have the foresight to include the 2nd Amendment, a countries Army, Navy and Air force can be defeated in days.... But a well armed militia can fight a war almost indefinitely :salute:

You are most certainly correct, my friend.

If I remember correctly the studies we had of the Phillippine Insurrection from 1899-1914 or so, the Moro Tribesmen kept GEN Arthur MacArthur (the father of GOA Douglas MacArthur) at bay for years on Luzon.  One of the results of that insurrection was the M1911 .45 ACP, which replaced the anemic M1890's era Colt New Service Revolver in .38 Colt.  The Moro Tribesmen were doped up, and nothing the Army had could put them down, until John Moses Browning brought his masterpiece to fruition.
MOLON LABE!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:53 PM

I will ask....but do not recall seeing one there.

Thanks
B

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 04:45:31 PM

You are most certainly correct, my friend.

If I remember correctly the studies we had of the Phillippine Insurrection from 1899-1914 or so, the Moro Tribesmen kept GEN Arthur MacArthur (the father of GOA Douglas MacArthur) at bay for years on Luzon.  One of the results of that insurrection was the M1911 .45 ACP, which replaced the anemic M1890's era Colt New Service Revolver in .38 Colt.  The Moro Tribesmen were doped up, and nothing the Army had could put them down, until John Moses Browning brought his masterpiece to fruition.

And don't forget it spurred on development of the .30-06,because the .30-40 Krag was found to be lacking.there and in Cuba.
At the risk of sounding like a bum..could you wipe out that guy's stock of 108mm's,because when they're gone..they're gone.I'm positive Tim could find very happy homes for them all.
I

us Offline bren10man

Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 06:30:53 PM

And don't forget it spurred on development of the .30-06,because the .30-40 Krag was found to be lacking.there and in Cuba.
At the risk of sounding like a bum..could you wipe out that guy's stock of 108mm's,because when they're gone..they're gone.I'm positive Tim could find very happy homes for them all.

Actually, the .30 caliber Government Model 1906 cartridge, shortened to .30-06, or marked .30-GOVT-06 on many pre-64 Model 70 Winchester rifles, has a two part development:

1. the M1903 Rifle (commonly called the M1903 Springfield, but also made at Rock Island Arsenal, IL as well as Springfield National Armory) came about because the .30-40 Krag M1892 rifle was outclassed by the Spanish M1893 Mauser in 7mm in Cuba.  Mauser used a clip feed, Krag a gate was opened and the soldier inserted, one at a time, the rounds.  Along with a magazine cut off to enable single shot, the Army Rifle Board at FT Benning felt that rapid fire was a waste of ammo....they wanted soldiers to fire and load one round at a time.  Of course, Cuba proved this wrong (Spanish-American War).  So, the U.S. Govt. developed the M1903 Rifle, based on the Mauser, with a magazine cut off, like the Krag.  US had to pay Mauser royalties on the patent.  The resultin rifle was chambered in .30-03, aka .30 caliber-GOVT-1903.  Bullet was 220 grains in weight, round nose.  Bayonet was a sliding ramrod that was flimsy, as Teddy proved to the British ambassdor in the White House circa 1904...when he had a Springfield Armory employee engarde with the M1903, and Teddy with a Krag with its blade bayonet.  One swoop of the Krag bayonet against the 1903 Rifle resulted in a broken ramrod bayonet.  So, back to the drawing board!!

2. In 1905, Germany switched to the Spitzer bullet, a pointed nose and lighter in weight.  That, along with the bayonet change, resulted in modifications in 1905: blade bayonet, then sights to match the ballistics of a Spitzer bullet.  This was adopted in 1906, using a 173 grain bullet (Caliber .30 Ball M1) the rest is history......Cal .30 Ball M2 uses a 150 grain bullet, adopted in the 1930's.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:34:54 PM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:32 PM
..could you wipe out that guy's stock of 108mm's,because when they're gone..they're gone.I'm positive Tim could find very happy homes for them all. 

Felinevet has plenty of Solo's in red I have sent him....so I won't be trying to buy all of those...I think those are still catalogged, but not in the USA.  He said he will let me know if he needs more.  All the OD green Troopers are gone...last trip I bought the last 6: 5 to Felinevet, 1 to next door neighbor.
MOLON LABE!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 08:34:23 PM
I had more than one Springfield built Krag,and they were beautiful works of craftsmanship. The US military was more than lucky it had TR as C-in-C.He was the one that dragged military into the 20th century;one of the great what-ifs of American history is what might have been if he had run for a second consecutive term.
I

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 09:15:31 PM
I had more than one Springfield built Krag,and they were beautiful works of craftsmanship. The US military was more than lucky it had TR as C-in-C.He was the one that dragged military into the 20th century;one of the great what-ifs of American history is what might have been if he had run for a second consecutive term.

He did.  Bull Moose party.  He regretted his statements about a single term almost the day after he said it.  He beat that fat smurf too. (But lost to Wilson--a good, but internationally weak president)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 11:50:32 PM

He did.  Bull Moose party.  He regretted his statements about a single term almost the day after he said it.  He beat that fat smurf too. (But lost to Wilson--a good, but internationally weak president)

Thread drift here,and I'll send myself to bed without supper,because I'm a Mod,and should know better(yeah,like that's ever stopped me) :D
The thing about Taft is that he had the misfortune to follow anyone as dynamic and progressive as Roosevelt. Taft was a reformer and progressive,but nothing as aggressive as TR.Taft ,Type B personaility,that he was,was a slacker compared to TR,and reached for the White House only because of his wife's ambition.Taft would've much preferred being Chief Justice,which he later was.
I

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:12 AM
Actually, the .30 caliber Government Model 1906 cartridge, shortened to .30-06, or marked .30-GOVT-06 on many pre-64 Model 70 Winchester rifles,
Those pre-64 Winchester Model 70's were superb rifles. I got my 1st deer with one. It wasn't mine, I borrowed it from one of my Dad's friends. I was about 13 years old. You wanna talk about excited. Even though it was a small buck I was about as proud as a kid can be.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 03:37:53 PM
I have pics of my pre-64 M70 Winchester Featherweight in .30-06....and of my M1903 and M1903A3 rifles with bayonets.

MODS: where do you want me to post for all to see?  I do not want to hijack the thread.....
MOLON LABE!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 04:42:23 PM
I have pics of my pre-64 M70 Winchester Featherweight in .30-06....and of my M1903 and M1903A3 rifles with bayonets.

MODS: where do you want me to post for all to see?  I do not want to hijack the thread.....
The Break Forum would be best mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40:06 PM

The Break Forum would be best mate :)

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,11979.0.html

Enjoy!!
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 02:58:48 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

Mr. Whippy: your red and blue translucent Quatro's are sitting on my computer desk.....I can ship to you Monday, or, I can take them home with me when I fly to CONUS 10 July and mail them inside the USA....Sent me an e-mail of what you want to do and details.  OR, I can send them to Felinevet and you deal with him.

I also bought a SwissTool toolkit for me (I had a choice: ratchet or breaker bar, I chose the breaker bar) and it came with a pouch, that lies horitzontal and holds both....and a 84mm stainless money clip.....I will use the money clip when I get home and go to the gunshow...It will be full of cash when I go it, probably empty when I depart the show!!!
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
Bren10man,

Thanks!

Mr. Whippy: your red and blue translucent Quatro's are sitting on my computer desk.....I can ship to you Monday, or, I can take them home with me when I fly to CONUS 10 July and mail them inside the USA....Sent me an e-mail of what you want to do and details.  OR, I can send them to Felinevet and you deal with him.

I also bought a SwissTool toolkit for me (I had a choice: ratchet or breaker bar, I chose the breaker bar) and it came with a pouch, that lies horitzontal and holds both....and a 84mm stainless money clip.....I will use the money clip when I get home and go to the gunshow...It will be full of cash when I go it, probably empty when I depart the show!!!

email sent. Thanks!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:39 PM
Mr. Whippy:  check your e-mail.

I mailed them Monday.
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00