Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The whole place to myself

Dunc · 40 · 5128

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: The whole place to myself
Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 06:55:30 PM
This might be a bit off topic, but it's kinda nice to just sit back and shoot the poo with a bunch of friends!

Def

Very much so  :) and I'm not going anywhere for a while , apart from a quick walk of the dog but will leave the computer logged on . Now going to have my evening meal in front of the puter , that swimming has made me really hungry , prawns and jacket potato  :D Oh btw just got my spirit back from being repaired , there is a pic of it in the sharpening thread i started .
Do you guys get Dr. Who tv program ?

Dunc

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 06:56:47 PM
I enjoy the poo-shooting too.

Traverse City, Michigan (where I live) is on a bay that juts south off from Lake Michigan. There has been a Coast Guard station here my entire life. They operate a small squad of helicopters, which perform the usual search & rescue operations, but also map ice floes and assist with other marine law enforcement activities. Its always a thrill when one of these birds flies overhead.

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 07:00:11 PM
Theres something about helicopters isnt there ? and I've never even been in one  :(

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 07:03:41 PM
Nice helo Bob!  All we have here are Sea Kings and JetRangers mostly, although I almost did wet myself once when an Apache gunship flew over my car at less than 100 feet...

It was up here for icing trials, something that is common around here.  My wife and I were enjoying a nice ride on the backroads behind the base when she looks out the window and says "That's a funny looking helicopter."  I try to see what she's looking at, and there's  the gunship right overhead, so close I could almost count the rivets!  If it's that impressive when it's flying by, imagine how impressed you have to be when facing that bugger head on... not that you'd be impressed for long...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 07:07:56 PM
It was up here for icing trials, something that is common around here.

Icing trials!

Sheesh, I read that as "Icing trails" the first time. I couldn't figure out why the hell they would be using an Apache Gunship to groom snowmobile trails.... :P  :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 07:10:58 PM
    :grin:

Dunc

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 07:24:19 PM
Whoa! That guy gets to have all the fun....I wish I had his job!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 07:42:57 PM
His name is Jeremy Clarkson and he is a bit of a telly celeb . Does a program called topgear . He really knows his cars and hes funny too .

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 09:30:28 PM
I don't even want to think about how much money that stunt cost in gas alone!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 02:30:12 AM
His name is Jeremy Clarkson and he is a bit of a telly celeb . Does a program called topgear . He really knows his cars and hes funny too .

Dunc

I saw a clip from his show that was linked to over at British Blades. For this episode, they were launching these cars and such off a cliff. This Jeremy guy was stationed down below, shooting various weapons at the cars as they flew by. I remember seeing him blasting away with a shotgun, a machine gun, and some type of rocket propelled grenade. The cars were totally perforated.

It looked like great fun.   :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%