Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did I ever tell you about the time ::)

Dunc · 12 · 2559

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Did I ever tell you about the time ::)
on: April 22, 2007, 08:34:39 PM
 I nearly sunk  ::)  A while back I mentioned breaking down a few miles out while training . We had two boats out , our life boat and our training officers boat ( both Avon sea Riders ) , our lifeboat suffered a broken steering cable and limped 8 miles home and i was on the other boat when this happened ........

We were going fairly fast at the time in a choppy sea and the boat filled with water in about 1 second , me and another guy got washed to the back of the boat , I could have done with a spare pair of Inkys bloomers I can tell you  ;) Dont want that to happen agian in a hurry I can tell you .On a brighter note today was a lovely warm calm day and I got about an hour on helm ( driving ) .
  Anyone else have any dodgy driving , boating or sports gone wrong storys ?

Dunc

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Did I ever tell you about the time ::)
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:58:15 AM
Hehe... one of the biggest, longest running jokes in my family is how I've always seemed to wreck every type of vehicle I've ever driven.  So far, this list includes... car, truck, van, snowmobile, motorcycle, lawn tractor, 4 wheeler, Honda Pilot, a few others... and a boat.  (I keep joking that I'm going to take up flying)

I was cruising down a river with my buddy one time and we got into some really nasty cross waves (I don't know how else to describe it)  the wave pushed the boat one way, then the other wave hit it in the opposite direction and flipped the boat over.  We were going about 30-35 mpg at the time.  The boat was a little 14 foot speedboat.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:37:15 AM
Scaaaaarrrry.   :o

Nobody was hurt I hope?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:38:27 AM
I smacked up my knee pretty bad...  my buddy was treading water a few feet away laughing his butt off.  He thought it was fun :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:17 AM
That's how you can tell when I am really hurt bad- I start laughing uncontrollably!  I swear, I have been in the most fun ambulances in the area!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:32:54 PM
Hehe... one of the biggest, longest running jokes in my family is how I've always seemed to wreck every type of vehicle I've ever driven.  So far, this list includes... car, truck, van, snowmobile, motorcycle, lawn tractor, 4 wheeler, Honda Pilot, a few others... and a boat.  (I keep joking that I'm going to take up flying)

I was cruising down a river with my buddy one time and we got into some really nasty cross waves (I don't know how else to describe it)  the wave pushed the boat one way, then the other wave hit it in the opposite direction and flipped the boat over.  We were going about 30-35 mpg at the time.  The boat was a little 14 foot speedboat.

Multitool.orgs very own crash test dummy  :grin:  youve been through it havnt you  :o  Must have been a bit scary with the capsize , could you swim to shore or did you have to be rescued ?

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:33:35 PM
That's how you can tell when I am really hurt bad- I start laughing uncontrollably!  I swear, I have been in the most fun ambulances in the area!

Def

No need for entinox for you then  :D

Dunc

Offline knife-man

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 08:20:40 PM
Could we assume for a second that I know nothing about boat's.

And explain what Im looking at in those pictures .. and what I'm supposed to be noticing  :P
[

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 08:58:58 PM
Could we assume for a second that I know nothing about boat's.

And explain what Im looking at in those pictures .. and what I'm supposed to be noticing  :P

Well it should look like this

we were in a fairly rough sea and when we came off the top a wave and hit the next one the grey bit ( sponson ) which is inflatable came away from the orange bit ( fibreglass hull ) . so every time we hit a wave it split a bit more and the water was coming in between the two .

Dunc

Offline knife-man

Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 10:12:55 PM
Thank you again Dunc .. Im a bit of a dunce I know :grin:.

To the uneducated eye that first picture look's like

" and then this giant eel landed on the boat ... so we tied it on and brought it home .... look how big it is" :D

Silly me.
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 10:13:25 PM
I'm no boat exoert but that seems like a really bad thing!

:P

You know you are in trouble when the Rescue guys need rescuing!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:24 PM
Thank you again Dunc .. Im a bit of a dunce I know :grin:.

To the uneducated eye that first picture look's like

" and then this giant eel landed on the boat ... so we tied it on and brought it home .... look how big it is" :D

Silly me.

I like that bit about the giant eel!  :D

Hmmmm, perhaps we should have a "best photo caption" contest?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%