Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?

Blackbeard · 5824 · 431232

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #5280 on: October 14, 2016, 11:03:09 AM
New page banana man dance.     :nanadance:   :nanadance:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5281 on: October 14, 2016, 01:29:50 PM
Yep, Doc Z is trying to stop an alien Bananaman invasion by posting their party god on the beginning of every page
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5282 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Yeah sadly I don't think the bananas will be dancing anymore.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5283 on: October 14, 2016, 03:50:28 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5284 on: October 14, 2016, 10:46:12 PM
Yeah sadly I don't think the bananas will be dancing anymore.

:-\

Still some banana loving people out there Zoid :D :like: :like: :like:

hr Offline styx

Reply #5285 on: October 15, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
and back to the topic at hand - rebar to level out  a projector

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #5287 on: October 16, 2016, 10:05:53 PM
My brother has bought an old caravan, but it's been suffering water ingress and needs refitting. I was having a quick survey of it earlier today and removed a panel out of the wardrobe so I could access the boiler.

Tools used Alox Rambler and MP426.  :tu: the small screwdriver on the Gerber was also used to clean some crud off the scale grooves on a knife of mine he'd got sitting in his shed for the last two years.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #5288 on: October 20, 2016, 12:47:20 AM
Used the Cadet to put together a chair for my girlfriend

de Offline Josh613

Reply #5289 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
Sorry no pics! The mrs bought a new flatpack wardrobe and I assembled it using nothing but my wave and a hammer for the pins on the back. Wasn't as fast as using a drill driver or dedicated screwdriver but sure was fun! Needed the pliers to hold the panel pins for the back while I nailed them in

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5290 on: November 11, 2016, 05:55:08 PM
food prep

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5291 on: November 12, 2016, 02:07:47 AM
I used the MP600 Pro Scout's file to force the opening mechanism thingy on my dad's truck tailgate  to open it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5292 on: November 12, 2016, 12:20:02 PM
wound cleaning. Dang dirt!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #5293 on: November 13, 2016, 10:00:19 PM
wound cleaning. Dang dirt!

(Image removed from quote.)

ewwwwwwwww

use my juice most days, today cutting some foam for my roof rack to protect my kayaks, used the screwdriver to adjust the pads on same, flat blade today to tighten some screws, cut some padding on a platform i built for my dog . . . thats just today and yesterday :)

Juice has taken over from my squirt and wave as my edc.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5294 on: November 17, 2016, 03:01:42 AM
I used my Supertool to tighten a loose screw on the bench seat of my Bowflex.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #5295 on: December 08, 2016, 03:04:53 AM
Used my Vic camper which I keep in my car to assist in replacing brake light bulb in Nissan altima. was able to use screwdriver functions to pry little plastic clamps off trunk carpeting, but alas, had to switch to a small dedicated flatehead to pry wire harness clamps off bolts and a crescent wrench to undo nuts and remove whole rear assembly of light:here is the backside of this module which I guess took some water and dirt leakage through gaskets(nice job Nissan!)

Guess a few pics of the sak in action would have been nice, but it was cold out
than I cut up an old T-shirt with sak main blade and clean that gook out before reassembling, did not want to pay dealership their crazy labor charge for this repair and another part I needed the brake light switch which sits behind break pedal and is an issue with this model and prevents you from starting the car sometimes. the parts were about $60 at dealership, All in all I saved a good $150-$200 ish in labor fees and didn't have to go up the stairs to get any more multi's or regular tools, had the vic, wrench and tiny screwdriver in the trunk, so It was a nice repair for me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:28:21 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #5296 on: December 08, 2016, 03:09:49 AM
anyway, if anyone has a sketchy nissan altima that is hard to start and you havve to jam on break pedal 10 times to get push button start to activvatee, PM me I can talk you through easy repair and save $

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5297 on: December 08, 2016, 09:18:39 PM
yesterday
IMG_20161207_180313.jpg
* IMG_20161207_180313.jpg (Filesize: 69.8 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #5298 on: December 09, 2016, 03:31:10 AM
I used my Gerber Suspension to cut my pinkie finger on my left hand while cutting off a plastic tab on a dastardly Maine gas can, so I could get the confounded gas cap off.  Never knew I did it until I saw blood on my dungarees on the way to the gas station.

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #5299 on: December 09, 2016, 03:37:12 AM
:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh Be careful Peacent you gonna bleed to death cutting yourself like that all the time :D

Death of a thousand cuts.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #5300 on: December 09, 2016, 07:48:24 AM
Ahem, used my Skeletool to open a floss container to rethread the floss that snapped (short fingernails), found out it was empty. Used it to rip open the packaging of a new one. You know, manly stuff.

hr Offline styx

Reply #5301 on: December 09, 2016, 06:06:20 PM
borrowed my Rebar to a kid to fix something for his professor. got it back in one piece. kinda impressed

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #5302 on: December 09, 2016, 06:27:21 PM
Ahem, used my Skeletool to open a floss container to rethread the floss that snapped (short fingernails), found out it was empty. Used it to rip open the packaging of a new one. You know, manly stuff.

:viking: :viking:

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #5303 on: December 15, 2016, 04:51:04 AM
Used skeletool pliers to take out some fuses in my jeep' fuse box. Dime's package opener to open some new baby teething toy for my son. (Those child proof packages are tough ) CS knife to cut up a hot dog and sandwich for my daughter and the scissors to cut various things during the day. Paper, chip bags, finger nail or two... you know some pretty rugged stuff on this end.

gb Offline Damsel

• Damsel in this dress
Reply #5304 on: December 15, 2016, 05:28:45 PM
Used my China Cheapo to open a box, open the packaging of a pack of cans and fixed the latch on my garden gate.

No pics, sorry.

Danielle
:angel: Sugar, spice and everything nice.  :angel:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5305 on: December 18, 2016, 02:23:53 AM
I used the G1 Wave pliers to tighten a few wing nuts attaching wheels to a couple heaters we got today.

K-Tibbs

fr Offline hellsing

Reply #5306 on: December 19, 2016, 09:34:20 AM
no pics but heavy use on the last weekends. I help some friends and family to move the past 3 weekends.

First friend hadn't prepared her move, her apartment was a total trash, and guess what? not a single tool. Her boyfriend dump her and leave with the tools, letting her and the baby.
I had no idea of the situation and just came with a st300 and a pocket wrench.
And had to disassemble everything with just these tools. And i have to say, i was never so happy to have it.
Beds (both mother and baby one's), wardrobe, baby's park, everything was dismount with my st300 and pocketwrench. This is a beast combo. i even manage to unscrew some smurfty allen screw with the flat screwdriver. It totally saved the day

the 2 following weekends were helping my wife's cousin to move to his new house, which was still work in progress, but he have tools so less use of the st300 but it still was helpfull to dismount wardrobe, purge heaters and so on, the best tool is the one in your pocket and not the one in the other room. And my st300 was in my pocket!

I have many multitools, but the st300 is the one i prefers to use in smurfty conditions like those one and it's not as heavy as my surge.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5307 on: December 19, 2016, 10:33:29 PM
no pics but heavy use on the last weekends. I help some friends and family to move the past 3 weekends.

First friend hadn't prepared her move, her apartment was a total trash, and guess what? not a single tool. Her boyfriend dump her and leave with the tools, letting her and the baby.
I had no idea of the situation and just came with a st300 and a pocket wrench.
And had to disassemble everything with just these tools. And i have to say, i was never so happy to have it.
Beds (both mother and baby one's), wardrobe, baby's park, everything was dismount with my st300 and pocketwrench. This is a beast combo. i even manage to unscrew some smurfty allen screw with the flat screwdriver. It totally saved the day

the 2 following weekends were helping my wife's cousin to move to his new house, which was still work in progress, but he have tools so less use of the st300 but it still was helpfull to dismount wardrobe, purge heaters and so on, the best tool is the one in your pocket and not the one in the other room. And my st300 was in my pocket!

I have many multitools, but the st300 is the one i prefers to use in smurfty conditions like those one and it's not as heavy as my surge.

Glad you were able to help you friend out :cheers: She sounds like she may be down on her luck a bit and the move may be best for her sounds like :tu:

Also glad you could help your wifes family as well :salute: :like: :like:

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #5308 on: December 20, 2016, 03:17:53 AM
Just used the skeletool to fix a leak at my kitchen faucet. Wowed a waitress by using my Style CS to cut down the extremely long straw they brought for daughters drink cup. She was astonished that someone carried "scissors" around with them.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5309 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:50 AM
Just used the skeletool to fix a leak at my kitchen faucet. Wowed a waitress by using my Style CS to cut down the extremely long straw they brought for daughters drink cup. She was astonished that someone carried "scissors" around with them.

I have cut many a straw down over the years as well :D :tu:

My little girl use to just hand me the straw and knew she didn't even have to say a word :D :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%