Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?

Blackbeard · 5824 · 425275

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #90 on: July 30, 2009, 03:39:27 PM
I have a Pulse, I should try it today and see how it works. Do you think thicker drivers have anything to do with the strength of the tool? The Kick/Fuse has a huge phillips and the pulse/pst is half the size (well sort of).

I've not torqued the heck out of the Phillips on the Pulse but I really can't see it being a problem, the similar design on my Supertool never let me down (I know it's slightly heavier, but I did put that one through hell).  I've always thought that the thicker shaft on the Fuse etc was mostly so as it works with the extension and bit kit.  I could be wrong though.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 04:37:10 PM
Used my wife's S2 Juice to remove 2 extremely stuck pins in the horse trailer.  Lifesaver, it was.   She was pulling out at 6 am with a horse and her S2 was the ONLY tool around.  Worked perfectly.

:multi:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #92 on: July 31, 2009, 03:05:22 AM
Well this is a first...
Used my Juice to cut a cardboard box to make a home for...a mama cat and 4 kittens.  Some soulless...bleep...left a mother cat and 4 barely 2 day old (from what I can tell) kittens in the halways of my apartment building.  The other residents and I got together enough stuff to make a nice little temporary house for them with food and water and litter box.  We all agreed not to do laundry tonight so they could have the laundry room.  Poor little kitties.  So I have a "used my mt" story and a "did a good deed" story.  A friend of mine from work does feline rescue and is taking them in the AM. 
Gray
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #93 on: August 02, 2009, 04:45:05 AM
Used my antique German hammer MT to whack the bejesus out of our 70's era glass sliding door's runner. It had bent at the end badly.Confined space it worked well.Used my Spirit to secure a new wooden stop in the runner , tight spot, need the Core, a bit better , had to finish the job with my new Cybertool's ace long bit extension(flipping great for the awkward space).

Side gate sagged & consequently hard for princess wife to unbolt/bolt. So I fixed it by ....... moving the bolt lock up a bit ::) :D :D
Used the Spirit, job made harder to do as I reused the rusted(almost knackered screws). One screw broke & had some Vic slippage , but to be far to the Spirit it was the cactus screws that was the main cause of bit slippage.

Used my Super Bear Jaws to break the blade tip on my BO LM Mini  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.The blade tip had been badly twisted when I got it & I had got it almost 90% straight with meticulous work.I was using the Bear Jaws to try & get the small crease out of the tip & it slipped & broke the tip :( :(.
Really bummed as I had up to that point got it almost right(the tip possibly weakened by all the work to get it straight :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #94 on: August 02, 2009, 07:51:05 PM
Used my Huntsman (Thanks Neil  :tu:) this weekend to do the following:

Open a bottle of Bulmers Cider, make some kindling, opened 3 tins, poked about in a fire to get some baked potatoes out, make two sticks for toasting toast on an open fire, snipped a number of labels, pull a cork for the guy next door who forgot to bring anything to open his wine with, made some sandwiches, cut some cheese, cut a swiss roll, stirred a number of cups of tea and opened a bottle of Bulmers pear cider :ahhh

That's right folks we went camping  :D
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #95 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:45 PM
Nothing to hefty today... I'm down by the seaside visiting the olds :)

I cut and file my nails with my Micra and then a cut and bent some wire with my KF4 to do a fix on my old mans glasses.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: August 02, 2009, 10:23:43 PM
Been using the crap out of my Spirit lately.  Its bent and cut coathanger to make a wire to hang a mirror.  The awl has started many pilot holes for phillips screws (trying to baby proof some stuff since the little man is crawling).

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: August 02, 2009, 10:50:27 PM
Used a SwissChamp and a PST to assemble a gas barbecue for my Mum and Dad. Took colourful enunciating ages, mainly due to my lack of competence :-[ 
Prone to daydreaming.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: August 03, 2009, 01:17:58 AM
I'm currently moving out of my house, so the Spirit has seen lots of use in the past few days.  Taking apart furniture, dismantling my weights bench, cutting tons of things, filing sharp edges, snipping wire and finally opening my beer this evening.

Lifesaver :)

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Reply #99 on: August 03, 2009, 09:18:14 PM
Used the diamond file on my Wave to do some quick sharpening duty.
Nothing says extraterrestrial like...

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #100 on: August 03, 2009, 09:22:42 PM
Charge ALX and Guppie used to reattach gutters, remove offending branches and change blades on the hacksaw.  :multi:

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: August 03, 2009, 09:39:07 PM
I'm currently moving out of my house, so the Spirit has seen lots of use in the past few days.  Taking apart furniture, dismantling my weights bench, cutting tons of things, filing sharp edges, snipping wire and finally opening my beer this evening.

Good luck with the move, rp :tu:
Prone to daydreaming.

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: August 03, 2009, 09:41:52 PM
Hacked at some weeds in the garden with the blade on a PST (we're trying to get the place looking good so we can sell it). Used a SwissChamp to help wrap my wife's anniversary present.
Prone to daydreaming.

Offline MrVanimal

Reply #103 on: August 03, 2009, 09:49:05 PM
Used the pliers on my Vic WorkChamp to fix my keychain.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: August 03, 2009, 09:53:24 PM

Good luck with the move, rp :tu:

Cheers mate :)

I've used my MTs more in the past few days than for ages.  I've got so much crap I'd forgotten about its mad!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #105 on: August 03, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
Used the pliers on the Kick, to remove the drainage grate, for cleaning.. Yuck... :P

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #106 on: August 04, 2009, 12:36:24 AM
Phillips on the KF4 to unscrew the box which houses the toilet in our van... that was a bit yucky too  :(

Shame I didn't stop by when passing RP - I couldn't have helped you "store" all those tools while you move  :D
Hope it's going ok.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline Slashmaster

Reply #107 on: August 04, 2009, 04:44:20 AM
Used my LM Blast to clip tags off new clothes.

Offline Nutznboltz

Reply #108 on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:23 AM
Actually used my PowerAssist to de-shell sunflower seeds today, was bored and didn't want to use my teeth.  I alway knew compound leverage would come in handy.  :D.
Also used it to free the last section on a telescopic fishing rod, which I inadvertantly pulled out to hard and got stuck to the point it wouldn't retract.  In this case the compound leverage was a bit much and I did crush the fiberglass section a little.  :oops:

Offline Jawbreaker

Reply #109 on: August 04, 2009, 05:45:39 PM
Let my 12 year old son use the saw and knife on the core to cut in smaller sections and bundle some branches i trimmed from a oak tree in my yard.I used a bigger saw,but he was a nice help using the core.Guessing i'm on the lookout for the new supertool 300 for him,keep him out of the toolbox in the garage a lot at the same time too.Bought a new mower with a honda engine for him,shoot,they got to learn to do something besides baseball,girls and video games right?

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Reply #110 on: August 04, 2009, 11:46:00 PM
I was going to use the Surge to break up some more old crates out on the farm.  Tossed bunch of them into a big pile, yanked one out, threw it up on flat workspace I've sort of set up, opened the wire closures and threw open the lid...

And was greeted by the biggest #&$^@*! wasp's nest I've ever seen in my life.  Populated by the #&^@*! biggest wasps I've ever ran across...

I now have a sort of insight into what it's like to set off a booby trap.   :ahhh

I managed, by some higher grace, to walk away (or run swearing away) unstung.  Not for lack of trying on the wasp's part, mind you.

Needless to say, the Surge didn't get to do any work today.  I think I will return tomorrow equipped with a touch of WMD to deal with this situation.  (Code Name:  Operation Black Flag...)   >:D

Offline sappyg

Reply #111 on: August 05, 2009, 02:29:55 AM
the trusty spirit PE blade broke down some 4x12" wallboards for the trash container. later, it drove a phillips screw into a door hinge that the flooring contractors lost and pounded in a hinge pin for another door they so thoughtfully forgot to put back.
i love my spirit.  :drink:
i

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #112 on: August 05, 2009, 02:37:29 AM
Used the wave to repair some burned 8 AWG wire. Was able to cut the wire with no problems, but trying to strip it with the wave was problematic due to the waves offset cutting blades and thickness of the wire. Instead of climbing off the roof, I used the straight edge blade to strip the insulation, which worked quite well.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #113 on: August 05, 2009, 06:36:35 PM
Used the wave to repair some burned 8 AWG wire. Was able to cut the wire with no problems, but trying to strip it with the wave was problematic due to the waves offset cutting blades and thickness of the wire. Instead of climbing off the roof, I used the straight edge blade to strip the insulation, which worked quite well.

A lotta times, I'll run the blade around the insulation, then put the needle nose in the tip of the insulation and pull it off like a sock.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #114 on: August 05, 2009, 06:47:03 PM
crossgrip

taking some staples out

10/10 :D
A

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #115 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:45 PM
Used my SAK Ranger to cut up half a ton of cardboard.

Needs a few minutes with the Sharpmaker now :D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #116 on: August 05, 2009, 11:10:18 PM
crossgrip

taking some staples out

10/10 :D
Don't be too hard on the poor tool...  ::) ;)

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Reply #117 on: August 05, 2009, 11:49:25 PM
Referencing my last post...  Operation Black Flag was carried out at c.1500 hours local time...

The Surge was then used to remove the primary target to another location, where the Burn Notice Protocol was carried out.

All Operations were carried out successfully, and with no friendly casualties.

(Those were the biggest freaking wasps I've ever ran across...   :o  Yeesh...)

Offline sappyg

Reply #118 on: August 06, 2009, 12:10:47 AM
repaired some wire backed silt fencing damaged by a lumber truck. basically light rod busting. no problem
i

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #119 on: August 06, 2009, 01:20:00 AM
Referencing my last post...  Operation Black Flag was carried out at c.1500 hours local time...

The Surge was then used to remove the primary target to another location, where the Burn Notice Protocol was carried out.

All Operations were carried out successfully, and with no friendly casualties.

(Those were the biggest freaking wasps I've ever ran across...   :o  Yeesh...)

Congratulations on a successful mission :salute:
Prone to daydreaming.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24