Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Next purchase. Fuse , Pulse or Blast?

Offline colubrid

Next purchase. Fuse , Pulse or Blast?
on: September 17, 2006, 05:52:37 AM
The Fuse has the one-at-a-time blade selection but not the tools selection the other two have. I want the one with the most quality craftsmanship. Can anyone tell me about theirs?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Next purchase. Fuse , Pulse or Blast?
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:12:18 AM
I had the Fuse for a while and then traded up to the Blast for the greater tool selection. I think it's a really good tool. It feels sturdy and well built. The tools don't clump together like past Leathermans when you pull one out. The handles are comfortable when using the pliers. When using the screw drivers there is hardly any flex in the handles. All and all I have very pleased with mine.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:55 PM
Oddly enough, I don't have any of these ones...  Looks like in order to help out my fellow Multitool.org member I am going to have to go out and buy each of them...
 :o
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:33:08 PM
Oh poor you Defender. Such sacrifice. Thanks so much!

bwaaaahahahahaha~!

Offline colubrid

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 03:40:36 PM
I had the Fuse for a while and then traded up to the Blast for the greater tool selection. I think it's a really good tool. It feels sturdy and well built. The tools don't clump together like past Leathermans when you pull one out. The handles are comfortable when using the pliers. When using the screw drivers there is hardly any flex in the handles. All and all I have very pleased with mine.

So the Fuse and the Blast both have the one-at-a-time blade selection ? I did not see that on the advertisements. Big plus!

So does the Fuse and Blast have the same handle quality and the only difference besides the tools is the 9 oz of weight?

I have a LM Kick. Is this the same frame as the fuse and blast?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 04:14:05 PM
Except for handle thickness, the Kick/Fuse/Blast are all the same size.

I'm somewhat of a maximalist, so I prefer the Blast.
KFB1.jpg
* KFB1.jpg (Filesize: 61.18 KB)
KFB2.jpg
* KFB2.jpg (Filesize: 75.72 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline colubrid

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 04:23:56 PM
You what they say "A picture is worth a thousand words" :)

Thanks J-Sews!

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 08:11:46 PM
Think of it this way

PST=KICK
PST II = FUSE WITH LOCKING IMPLEMENTS
PULSE=BLAST

I like the blast the best of the three "original style" Leathermans.......more/bigger is better   ;)

Kap
I

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 06:25:57 PM
Question.... does the Kick have the same loose opening of the Wave, or is it tight like the Swiss tool?  I'm asking because I notice the screw where the pocketclip is attached on the Kick is on the BOTTOM of the handle... the part that opens, and if it's a loose opening tool, or a one handed opening tool like the wave, that pocketclip ain't worth a damn since it will always open in your pocket.  I got one for the Wave, and it is a pain in the keister because g4ravity itself just opens it up.  If it was tight, it would stay closed.  What's up?

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:35 AM
WoozleWozzle.

I was kicking around as I do, and found a store with a New-Old stock FUSE in the cabinet.

Oh-Ho-Ho I thought, do I get this badboy? (Do I even get so cheeky as to ask a discount, since I'm clearing something they have had sitting there for probably five years)

I'm not sure I'd carry it a lot, but it'd make a good bag or desk drawer extra, or a nice gift to a multitool neophyte.

(I did not buy it on the spot, and to be honest, I now don't recall the store in question. Hopefully I remember and I'll go back - if it's still there I'll get it, if not, then fate had other plans)

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 06:23:28 AM
By "next purchase" and a selection of discontinued tools, I guess you at least have a Wave already? I would say the Pulse has an undeniable cool factor in its design, with a nice weight. I am not a fan of the zytel inserts on the Kick/ Fuse/ Blast though. It helps on the weight reduction, but the comfort is not as good as with all-steel handle.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 12:10:24 PM
By "next purchase" and a selection of discontinued tools, I guess you at least have a Wave already? I would say the Pulse has an undeniable cool factor in its design, with a nice weight. I am not a fan of the zytel inserts on the Kick/ Fuse/ Blast though. It helps on the weight reduction, but the comfort is not as good as with all-steel handle.

It helped that when this thread was started the Fuse and Blast had only been out a couple of years and the Pulse was only discontinued for a couple of years :whistle: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 12:12:52 PM
WoozleWozzle.

I was kicking around as I do, and found a store with a New-Old stock FUSE in the cabinet.

Oh-Ho-Ho I thought, do I get this badboy? (Do I even get so cheeky as to ask a discount, since I'm clearing something they have had sitting there for probably five years)

I'm not sure I'd carry it a lot, but it'd make a good bag or desk drawer extra, or a nice gift to a multitool neophyte.

(I did not buy it on the spot, and to be honest, I now don't recall the store in question. Hopefully I remember and I'll go back - if it's still there I'll get it, if not, then fate had other plans)

I am more of a fan of the Blast in that line but the Fuse is still a great tool  :cheers: I would still ask for a discount as well :D but I am a rather cheap person :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%