Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hitachi Cordless Hammer Drill DV18DL: Incl Two 3.0Ah Li-ion batteries + charger

Offline toothrot

• What pants?
SOLD

Ok, it's not exactly EDC, but I'm not having a whole lot of luck on CL, so here goes...worth a shot.  :tu:

Cheapest one i could find from an online vendor is amazon at ~$225 Shipped [Link]

I'm asking $175 + $10 shipping [CONUS only]. I will take offers for trade+cash for MTs into consideration.

This Brand new unused set (I have the cardboard box that the case comes in as well which isn't pictured.) which comes with:
Hitachi Cordless Lithium-ion Hammer Drill Model #: DV18DL

* Injection Molded Plastic Carrying Case
    * Two 18v 3.0Ah Lithium Ion Batteries (Model EBM1830)
    * No. 2 Phillips Driver Bit (Double End)
    * Detachable Side Handle
    * Charger: (model UC18YRL Universal Charger for 7.2-Volt to 18-Volt Ni-Cad, Ni-Mh, or Lithium-Ion Batteries, This is the version with the cooling fan in it.)

Pictures:

Check out the technical details here: http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-DV18DL-18-volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless/dp/B000H2KYS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1246856596&sr=1-1

Side note: Most of my power hand tools are Hitachi, and I really like that their batteries were built to be backwards compatible (specs say it works with the DMR and DVF3 series of 18-volt cordless tools) so if you have any other 18v hitachi tools the batteries + charger will probably be compatible.

[This is not a display, refurb, seconds/reject, or anything of that sort: it was bought off of the shelf in May]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:58:23 AM by Mike, Lord of the Spammers! »

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
I have been looking at those for awhile but unfortunately I dont have the change right now for one.  :( :(

Offline toothrot

• What pants?
Let me know.

I'm going to leave it on here and CL for a while before I got the ebay route...(fees :().

I bought two of them and I use the other one, I have a regular hitachi lithium-ion 18v drill too, and this one stomps on it in terms of torque and power even without being in hammer mode. They make also another cordless hammer drill (without replaceable carbon brushes) that only has about 380 in/lb torque. This has 570 in/lb and you can really tell vs the other drills I own.

Although, for driving screws, compare to the 18v impact drivers with over 1200 in/lb (somewhere I read up to 1900 in/lb)
I passed up a great deal on one of those and I really regret it.

Too see how the hammer function in both works check out this video of a cut away impact driver, it is way too cool. (it is at the very beginning of the clip, even if you understand how it works it is cool to see in slow-motion)

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-to/video/testing-cordless-impact-drivers.aspx

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
That drill is very nice toothrot! :drool: I have two electric drills: AEG and a Bosch, but no cordless yet!
I'm interested, but can't afford at the moment to buy one like that.

Offline toothrot

• What pants?
Drill is sold, mod please delete thread if needed.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Drill is sold, mod please delete thread if needed.
Marked as sold mate :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32