Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A wounded Gerber Recoil Automatic

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
A wounded Gerber Recoil Automatic
on: July 17, 2009, 11:12:56 PM
Got one in the mail today. I was a little leery at the photographs, and I didn't pay much for it. I had a sixth sense however, and bid on another much better shaped example. I stuck it in the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner after I filled it up with water. That cleaned it up rather nicely and easily. I ran it through 2 cycles, and the amount of gunk and dirt that came off of it was amazing. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the can opener tip is broken off. Ding for intuition.

Rather amazed at how deadly these pliers are however. Holy smoke, those pliers deploy instantaneously. No wonder they have a lock to ensure you don't "hurt" yourself.  :o
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: A wounded Gerber Recoil Automatic
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 01:23:53 AM
Spring loaded pliers are fun- I have often wanted to have a Multitool.org Olympics where I test the various aspects of different tools against other, similar tools.  I figured I would use a bottle cap on the SwitchPlier and Recoil and see which one could get the most distance!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
Spring loaded pliers are fun- I have often wanted to have a Multitool.org Olympics where I test the various aspects of different tools against other, similar tools.  I figured I would use a bottle cap on the SwitchPlier and Recoil and see which one could get the most distance!  :D

Def

LOL :D
A

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:24:38 AM
Well I know the recoil could be a terrible weapon in its own right. I would not want to be at ground zero when those pliers come flying out. Do you think this is why they discontinued the idea?  :think:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:00:56 AM
Well I wrote my thoughts in the review section after pocket carrying it for a few days...probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I won't soon forget about the Recoil.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69