Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This just in...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
This just in...
on: September 17, 2006, 07:15:12 PM
Since I seem to have taken over the other thread, I figured that I would let everyone know that I have just added a comparative weight chart to the main part of Multitool.org which features all the tools I have except for the Kick which I don't have any more.
You can check it out here:
http://multitool.org/content/view/34/32/

I'll add to it as more info becomes available, either from my own pockets or if folks send me more info!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Re: This just in...
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:06:57 AM
I am a little confused by the assesories weights vs tool weight. For instance what assesories does trhe Jiuice KF4 come with?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 03:35:01 AM
I guess I should have been a little clearer.  For most, the accessories section is a sheath.  I listed it as accessories because some of the sheaths come with other gadgets like screwdriver bits and so on. 
I was thinking I should list what those accessories are for the ones that have weights listed.  I'll try to refine it a little in the next few days, but if there are any other suggestions, let them fly!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:39:31 AM
Thanks Def for this informative tool to use with our tools :)
"

Offline colubrid

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 04:55:32 AM
Okay maybe a brief explanation that the extra weight could be tools or sheaths. I did not think of the sheaths as an extra weight issue.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:30 AM
Well to be honest, about halfway through I started to wonder if there was even any point to weighting them!  It seemed like I was maybe getting a little "overinvolved" in them, which sometimes happens when I get excited about a new project (in this case, Multitoool.org as a whole) but as soon as I posted it I got a PT from another member telling me that this was a great resource and that the various weights were very important!  Whodathunk I did right? :P
At the very least I think I should add another column saying what accessories are included.  After all, some of teh sheaths are pretty solid by themselves and some are heavy because of the extras.  I also wanted to mention which sheath it was in case there are options like on the Spirit- it's available in nylon and leather, and the nylon version is available with two different sets of tools.
Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 03:25:56 AM
I have added a few new tools that arrived today, and I have listed what the accessories are for each model.
Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%