Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who owns a Buck 110?

Magic Bus · 1135 · 49698

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Who owns a Buck 110?
Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 09:31:25 PM
Umm, looking at the tang, apparently I have a 503, not a 110. >.>;  Oops. ^^;

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 10:44:31 PM
Then my first wife bought me a Buck 112 Ranger which I thought was even better because of the smaller size.
I actually prefer the size of the 112 too but a few years ago Wal-Mart had a special on the 110's and I couldn't pass it up.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline thesuper

Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:59 PM
Me, I got one, I only got it about 1yr ago, always promised myself one after having many copies,I love it. Wouldnt dare carry it outside tho'! Frighten the "civillians"!!!
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 10:14:38 PM
Me, I got one, I only got it about 1yr ago, always promised myself one after having many copies,I love it. Wouldnt dare carry it outside tho'! Frighten the "civillians"!!!

They're not very sheeple friendly are they?  :D Great in the garden though and for game preparation.
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline thesuper

Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 12:19:51 AM
 :oops: just realised I have the 112 model, slightly smaller, still big tho'! Your right Magic Bus, you could skin an elephant with that 110 :D They are all made to the same fantastic standards, love mine.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:15 AM
I did think about the 112  :cheers:
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 09:54:46 PM
I'm back in this club  :D  I got a nylon sheath with mine which is really nice .

Goes great with my belt buckle

And for all you Buck fans who havn't already read it your going to enjoy this

http://www.knifeworld.com/viknandbuusa.html

Dunc

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 10:14:17 PM
Good link :tu:
Prone to daydreaming.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 09:37:46 PM
I've read that link before  :tu: There's no doubting the heritage is all there. I have one and I also have a Sebbie. The million $ question is this :- is the Buck 110 a Sebbie beater? One is built to an arguably higher standard, one has allegedly better blade steel, but they both lock and they both cut well. Who knows? Answers on a postcard please  :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 10:08:21 PM
I think the Sebbie outperforms the 110 in just about everyway . Just like a Tornado Fighter jet would outperform a WW11 Spitfire . But hell that doesnt make the Spitfire a bad plane does it  ;)

Dunc

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:55 PM
I liked the look of the Buck 110 and had two of them but didn't dig them all that much.   :-\
I hated the fact that the brass would tarnish with my prints and couldn't be wiped off unless
I had some brasso or something else similar kicking around.  I also didn't like the way they
were a bit "handle heavy."  They were a bit unbalanced in my hand.

sean

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 03:56:33 AM
I think the Sebbie outperforms the 110 in just about everyway . Just like a Tornado Fighter jet would outperform a WW11 Spitfire . But hell that doesnt make the Spitfire a bad plane does it  ;)

Dunc

The Sebbie ought to outperform the Buck 110, since it costs 10x as much!

But consider this question: does the Sebbie actually perform 10x better than the Buck?

The fact that it doesn't is an example of the economic principle of "diminishing returns."

N

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 08:19:14 AM
The Sebbie ought to outperform the Buck 110, since it costs 10x as much!

But consider this question: does the Sebbie actually perform 10x better than the Buck?

The fact that it doesn't is an example of the economic principle of "diminishing returns."

Bustin' out the econ. vocab. eh?! Alright alright. I agree wit' that. :D
Got those frog legs.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 08:35:58 AM
I liked the look of the Buck 110 and had two of them but didn't dig them all that much.   :-\
I hated the fact that the brass would tarnish with my prints and couldn't be wiped off unless
I had some brasso or something else similar kicking around.  I also didn't like the way they

sean

That's character to me  :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 09:50:50 AM

sean

Yes very much so  :tu: and after a few months , a bit of Brasso and its a new knive again  :D

The Sebbie may out perform it but remember this , the 110 is way more recognised and more famous . Its an American Icon and one to be proud of .

Dunc

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 05:11:14 PM

sean

Yeah for sure :)
But I really hated my finger prints clearly visible like some mugshot and you could
not just wipe them off. Quantities of brass on a knife handle are a bit of a mistake in my opinion.
It was very much an iconic knife though I agree. 

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 07:25:22 PM
I liked the look of the Buck 110 and had two of them but didn't dig them all that much.   :-\
I had some brasso or something else similar kicking around.  I also didn't like the way they
were a bit "handle heavy."  They were a bit unbalanced in my hand.

sean

That's character to me  :D

But I really hated my finger prints clearly visible like some mugshot and you could
not just wipe them off. Quantities of brass on a knife handle are a bit of a mistake in my opinion.

Icon ?  I would say  :D   Buck alone have made over 10 million 110's and thats not counting the copies  :o

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Well it would be a sad old world if we all liked the same thing, but I love mine. It ticks all the boxes for me. The sad thing is I don't know if I can justify keeping it and the Sebbie as finances are so tight at the moment  :(
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 07:57:23 PM
Well it would be a sad old world if we all liked the same thing, but I love mine. It ticks all the boxes for me. The sad thing is I don't know if I can justify keeping it and the Sebbie as finances are so tight at the moment  :(

HHmm I see where your coming from  :think:   Have you have anyway of saying which way your heart is leening ? Do you want me to say what I would do ?

Dunc

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:07 PM
Well it would be a sad old world if we all liked the same thing, but I love mine. It ticks all the boxes for me. The sad thing is I don't know if I can justify keeping it and the Sebbie as finances are so tight at the moment  :(

HHmm I see where your coming from  :think:   Have you have anyway of saying which way your heart is leening ? Do you want me to say what I would do ?

Dunc

PM inbound  :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 08:46:44 PM

Dunc

Send it to Ben?
I'm back!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: September 15, 2009, 08:54:33 PM

Dunc

Send it to Ben?

Well, if I was flush that would be an option I would consider if I thought you deserved it  >:D :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #52 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:50 PM
I can tell you now, I don't!  :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: September 15, 2009, 09:09:48 PM
Hmm guessed as much  :think: ;)
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #54 on: September 15, 2009, 11:45:47 PM
I liked the look of the Buck 110 and had two of them but didn't dig them all that much.   :-\
I had some brasso or something else similar kicking around.  I also didn't like the way they
were a bit "handle heavy."  They were a bit unbalanced in my hand.

sean

That's character to me  :D

Icon ?  I would say  :D   Buck alone have made over 10 million 110's and thats not counting the copies  :o

Actually way over 10 million........by 1990 Buck was already over 11 million Buck 110's sold, at last count near the end of that year. As it is still Buck's number #1 seller I can only imagine how many 110's are out there.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 02:56:48 AM
so as good as the knife is to some with this many made it should make it the least collectible knife on
the planet should they ever decide to stop making them.  :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #56 on: September 16, 2009, 05:02:43 AM
Not quite again! Over the years Buck has produced all sorts of short runs of Buck 110's in various configurations that are a mix of handle materials, bolster/liner materials, and blade steels. They have also produced Buck 110's in specific config's for various companies, distributors, and dealers. Add in the specials from the Buck Custom Shop, and the fact that the Buck 110 is the basis for alot of Yellowhorse custom work and you have a lockback that has quite a collector following.

And now you can even order a custom Buck 110 built the way you want right off of their website..............http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=customKnife.build

And if you are wanting a Buck 110, but would prefer one in a premium steel without the custom price tag there are a couple options available. Buck makes the "154 Series" for Bass Pro Shops.........

...Rosewood handled 110 with CPM154 blade.

And then there is the "Alaskan Guide Series" from Cabela's.................

....Rosewood with S30V blade TNC coated.

or......

....Desert Ironwood with S30V blade TNC coated.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: September 16, 2009, 05:47:14 AM
your wealth of knowledge and collection sir are amazing.  :)

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 07:39:26 AM
MODEL 11O FOLDING HUNTER (Historic)--This is one of the earliest-known 110s, from the collection at Buck Knives. Although this famous folding lockblade has undergone a number of modifications through the years, its basic character is unmistakable in this photo, although the blade obviously has had its share of sharpenings.
The Buck 110.jpg
* The Buck 110.jpg (Filesize: 29.76 KB)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:46:58 AM by Sean »

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 10:27:27 AM
I have been looking at these Bucks since I saw the one Ben got from GG (I think) the wooden handle & bolsters looked so classy , I am not sure what model Ben's was :think: :think:. Not sure if I should go with the 110 or a larger similar style Buck :think: :think:.
Plenty of time to think about it while the ol finances recover from Christmas  ::) :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44