Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Rangers

damota · 23 · 4517

Offline damota

New Rangers
on: April 17, 2007, 05:29:52 PM
Has anyone  had any details of the new Ranger models 75/73 (pliers) and the 172 (scissors).
Look interesting to me and I think they may be reasonable priced.

Dave
MWSnap180 (Small).jpg
* MWSnap180 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 22.03 KB)
MWSnap181 (Small).jpg
* MWSnap181 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 23.11 KB)
MWSnap182 (Small).jpg
* MWSnap182 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 24.29 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
New Rangers
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 03:12:59 AM
Has anyone  had any details of the new Ranger models 75/73 (pliers) and the 172 (scissors).
Look interesting to me and I think they may be reasonable priced.

Dave

I'm anxious to hear more about the big new Wenger tools too. They have been listed on the Wenger North America site HERE for months, but still are shown as being out of stock.  :(

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New Rangers
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 03:24:05 AM
They haven't arrived in North America yet.  There are a couple of samples that WengerNA has that they are using for photos and media purposes, but they don't have enough to ship yet.  In fact, media sources are on a waiting list for them as well as there are only two of each model here.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: New Rangers
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 05:16:01 AM
Whoa!!
I was interested in the new Rangers shown on the Wenger NA site, but not any more!! Now I would rather have one of the new Rangers shown on the Wenger SA site....because the model 176 has a fancy one-hand-opening blade!!

Wenger Alinghi 176.jpg
* Wenger Alinghi 176.jpg (Filesize: 16.55 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 03:50:46 PM
def has one in canada and i can ship from stock.

will they be avaliable until mid june on usa??

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 03:51:56 PM
I do have one of the OH Rangers, but I think these folks are more interested in the plier/shear variants.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 04:00:59 PM
will make some pics of the plier soon, also there where some pics in the iwa report on sosak.

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 04:53:18 PM
I do have one of the OH Rangers, but I think these folks are more interested in the plier/shear variants.

Why oh WHY did Wenger only put the one-hand blades on a couple models, none of them with pliers or scissors??? Talk about  amissed opportunity... :angry:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 12:27:09 AM
Why oh WHY did Wenger only put the one-hand blades on a couple models, none of them with pliers or scissors??? Talk about  amissed opportunity... :angry:

No wait, that's what I'm gettinmg excited about....they DO show this new Model 176 with pliers AND a one-hand blade!! (Not sure what's with those fancy graphics on the knife blade, but I guess they look cool too)

This tool is only shown on the Wenger SA main site, note the Wenger North American site.
Wenger Alinghi 176.jpg
* Wenger Alinghi 176.jpg (Filesize: 16.55 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 02:41:12 AM
Looking a little more closely at these today, I noticed a number of improvements over the old Ranger series.
Sure, theres the EVO grips and one-hand knife blade, but also check out the new push-button blade lock release:
new lock release.jpg
* new lock release.jpg (Filesize: 21.18 KB)

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 11:43:29 AM
yes it has an push the cross liner lock release, unfortunally its an bit on the weak side.

that fancy engraving is only on the biggest model, its about the famous swiss sailship.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 01:34:15 PM
Sailship? You mean a boat? Is there a Swiss Navy?

(and more to the point, are there Swiss Navy Knives ?)   :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:55:48 PM
There was, but like their cheese, their boats were full of holes and they sank!

:pok:

Def

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 11:05:26 PM
hey, thats not nice! we have an swiss navy! about 8 to 12 boats - with motor, swimming, and .50 brownings!

no, that fast swiss sailship, the alinghi. www.alinghi.com def does wenger has that on the website somwhere? the biggest version of the new wenger oht is for sailing, the alinghi people did help develop it, thats why that laserengraving is on the blade.

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 11:45:34 PM
well, i can hardly wait for this baby to arrive. blade, pliers and corkscrew. and of course, my most frequently used tool - the screwdriver (erm ... bottleopener, actually)  :cheers:
  :oops: dang, how do i add an image ...
NewWenger74.jpg
* NewWenger74.jpg (Filesize: 19.48 KB)

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 12:14:25 AM
Technically it's just about 10 boats that patrol the boats. It's only refered to as the "Swiss Navy" humorously. Switzerland is landlocked, so no use for navy.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 02:35:24 AM
well, i can hardly wait for this baby to arrive. blade, pliers and corkscrew. and of course, my most frequently used tool - the screwdriver (erm ... bottleopener, actually)  :cheers:

Congrats HighlandPark, I've been anxious to get my hands on one of these! Where might I ask did you order yours from?

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 10:52:06 AM
hi, j-sews, i am talking to roger (swissbianco) right now. having read what you guys wrote about the minigrip made me want to have one and roger was kind enough to help.
being 6 foot 7 tall (2 meters) the mini almost disappears in my hands and i have been eyeing the bigger one for some time. but now with the new wenger it seems to me i am better off. usually i have a swiss champ nearby as a backup so i am not so much in need for extra saw etc. but i am eally looking forward to that pair of pliers.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 01:35:11 PM
Cool! You sound like a guy who will appreciate the size of the Ranger's knife blade too. It absolutely dwarfs the blade on any other multi.

Be sure to tell us what you think when it arrives!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 01:45:57 PM
Nice to see you here Highland Park!

Look at today's SAKtivity (www.sosakonline.com for those who don't know!) and you'll see how much bigger the Rangers are than the Vics... 9mm difference doesn't seem like much till you have them in your hands!

Def

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 11:36:22 PM
nice pic! will do my best but the service of wenger is poor compared to vic. i talked with them at the iwa and they tell they havent enough people etc there, they have to save money wherever they can...

one sutch knife as on the pic of def i will thake to the blade show. if anybody looking for one, prior theyr officially on usa, let me now soon, i leave here verry soon.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 02:54:08 AM
I'm hoping to get one of the Rangers with the scissors instead of pliers. Last year it was called the model #14 (picture below). This year they changed it a little bit, added Evo grips, and called it the model #172. Are you able to get either one of those Roger?
Wenger Ranger 14.jpg
* Wenger Ranger 14.jpg (Filesize: 13.31 KB)

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 01:25:15 PM
the oen on the pic is on stock, please send me an email.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%