Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Editing Own Posts

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Re: Editing Own Posts
Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 07:05:54 PM
Listen, all I want is the ability to edit other people's posts for about 10-15 minutes.  >:D

Mike
Your getting very close to the no life club mate :o :D

You're such a buzz kill. :D

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:53 PM
Listen, all I want is the ability to edit other people's posts for about 10-15 minutes.  >:D

Mike
Your getting very close to the no life club mate :o :D

You're such a buzz kill. :D

Mike
Blame my ex for that :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline toothrot

• What pants?
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15:26 AM
Is none of the info on the board routinely backed up? how long ago did this person decide to get rid of his posts?

Curious

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 06:50:51 PM
Is none of the info on the board routinely backed up? how long ago did this person decide to get rid of his posts?

Curious

Why don't we ask Mike?  :rofl:
I'm back!!

Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 07:07:08 PM

Curious

Why don't we ask Mike?  :rofl:
Erm :think:...

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:51 PM
If you have any other ideas, I am happy to hear them.  It is unfortunate that I have had to do this, but I really feel that the community lost some valuable information due to someone's immature reaction.  Due to the type and nature of the information lost, it is not likely that we will ever get it back, or at least spend literally years in the searching.

If it had been the typical "Ben and Mike" type threads I might not have been so concerned about it, but this was a deliberate sabotage.  I don't want to use the "greater good" type excuse, as that's been shoved in our faces enough everywhere else, but by the same token, I don't want to have the site's resources diminished over what amounts to a personal spat.

Again, as I said, I am open to other ideas, and would be very happy to find a viable alternative since I know this is a major pain in the arse for members.

Def

Hmm...

With this in mind, I believe the time is close to start a new website:  WengerBusinessTool.org.

Seeing as I will be the supreme Overlord on WBT.O, I must demand that all posts mentioning the WBT be deleted POST HASTE, due to intellectual infringement.

Thankew.

:D

Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 10:15:18 PM
Where do I sign up :tu: :D

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 11:18:04 PM
wenger not smurf  :pok:  :pok:  :P :P
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 01:25:39 AM
wenger not ColorFul Enunciation  :pok:  :pok:  :P :P
That'll earn you a ban, Mister! >:(

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 04:58:48 PM
If you have any other ideas, I am happy to hear them.  It is unfortunate that I have had to do this, but I really feel that the community lost some valuable information due to someone's immature reaction.  Due to the type and nature of the information lost, it is not likely that we will ever get it back, or at least spend literally years in the searching.

If it had been the typical "Ben and Mike" type threads I might not have been so concerned about it, but this was a deliberate sabotage.  I don't want to use the "greater good" type excuse, as that's been shoved in our faces enough everywhere else, but by the same token, I don't want to have the site's resources diminished over what amounts to a personal spat.

Again, as I said, I am open to other ideas, and would be very happy to find a viable alternative since I know this is a major pain in the arse for members.

Def

Hmm...

With this in mind, I believe the time is close to start a new website:  WengerBusinessTool.org.

Seeing as I will be the supreme Overlord on WBT.O, I must demand that all posts mentioning the WBT be deleted POST HASTE, due to intellectual infringement.

Thankew.

I have a cunning plan too over throw the Overlord >:D >:D . I have just bought a new  :ahhh  WBT for my sister's partner & by doing so I shall have my first recruit into the WBT People's Popular Party(PPP).The campaign to freeing the WBT & giving it back too the people has begun.
Down with the 'Supreme Overlord' , the people(PPP) shall prevail  :duel:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 06:16:54 PM

Def

Hmm...

Thankew.

I have a cunning plan too over throw the Overlord >:D >:D . I have just bought a new  :ahhh  WBT for my sister's partner & by doing so I shall have my first recruit into the WBT People's Popular Party(PPP).The campaign to freeing the WBT & giving it back too the people has begun.
Down with the 'Supreme Overlord' , the people(PPP) shall prevail  :duel:

Careful there, mate...

I'll pull the Big Cork up in the Northern Territory and let y'all sink into the Ocean. >:D

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 02:56:00 AM
Can we extend the edit time to a couple of days, or a week? That should be longer than most threads' active age so people can edit whatever they need, and achieve the same purpose nonetheless?

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 07:52:11 PM
I've noticed even if your under 10 minutes, if you edit it more than 2 times you get the "edited time" in the post :(

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 11:44:17 PM
I just opened it to 3 hours.  We'll see if this is any better?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:07 AM
yay! thanks Def :tu:

that should be fine ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30