Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

54mm Victorinox Pen Spacer

Tinnie · 10 · 3140

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
54mm Victorinox Pen Spacer
on: August 20, 2009, 11:32:53 AM
In the last couple of weeks me and Ninja have been talking about a very interesting mod to a Vic.

A mod that Ninja has been wanting to do is adding an extra layer in a 54mm SAK to accommodate a pen. He first tried with a SAK scale as a possible spacer so the pen would work.

As seen above it does work...but there are some flaws. Firstly, by using the SAK scale it kind of kills the looks of the knife in my opinion. Also plastic wouldn't be the best spacer...so I recommended the use of Aluminum which I have available and I could easily mill out with a 3D milling machine.

After a lunch break ::) of drawing some examples I managed to get this which should work with the mod. However I am still lacking proper measurements as the one seen used dodgy measurements as I don't have a 54mm with me :( Not even a classic :-[ Anyways here are the pictures.

If any of you modders are interested in getting one of these PM me and I can hook you up once I sort out the dimensions and gets approved by ninja :tu: (looks at Neil and Gareth >:D)

Thanks for looking :)
[

Offline Ninjaz

Re: 54mm Victorinox Pen Spacer
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:57 AM
Neil, my plan is to make monster Mini Max  :D
I am going to add two of those parts - from both sides of the usb - one for pen and one for stylus.

When I played with the plastic scale I found that it is quite comfortable to write with a pen in the middle of the sak.

I am looking for a way to put tweezers and toothpick as well - any ideas ? I was thinking maybe make something like the USB thing that pop out and put the tweezers and toothpick in it - maybe even a pin ? still need more thinking.
[

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 11:56:10 AM
Hehe...

I forgot to add the pin holes for the spacer :D
[

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:10:17 PM
Neil, my plan is to make monster Mini Max  :D
I am going to add two of those parts - from both sides of the usb - one for pen and one for stylus.

When I played with the plastic scale I found that it is quite comfortable to write with a pen in the middle of the sak.

I am looking for a way to put tweezers and toothpick as well - any ideas ? I was thinking maybe make something like the USB thing that pop out and put the tweezers and toothpick in it - maybe even a pin ? still need more thinking.

I was thinking a similar mod to add the toothpick, tweezers, and pin to an Alox model, too. :)  :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:14:59 PM
That look a great idea.  Do remember to make it 58mm long though. ;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 03:25:55 PM
:D :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:10:57 PM
Tinnie I've got a package going out to you today anyway so I'll add an old pen scale, and relevant bits so you can make sure you've got all the dimensions correct.  :tu:

This looks like it'll be fun :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:46 PM

Must have got mixed up with 74mm that I am doing for Neil ;)
[

Offline Ben X

Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 07:16:14 AM

Must have got mixed up with 74mm that I am doing for Neil ;)
Yeah I hate to come off like Mr. Knows It All and correct people when they are just discussing knives, but when you're going to the trouble you are I was hoping someone would point that out and spare you a bit of time remapping it. Good luck! By the way, have you considered using a pen scale on one side, then custom making one for the other that just has two slots for both the tweezers and toothpick in one scale? I wonder if it could be done with G 10 or something. Obviously it'd have to be a little thick to be above the bushings but I have also always thought I'd like to have all three of the good scale options on one knife. Keep up the good work!  :salute:
"

Offline Ninjaz

Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:50:43 AM
Yeah I hate to come off like Mr. Knows It All and correct people when they are just discussing knives, but when you're going to the trouble you are I was hoping someone would point that out and spare you a bit of time remapping it. Good luck! By the way, have you considered using a pen scale on one side, then custom making one for the other that just has two slots for both the tweezers and toothpick in one scale? I wonder if it could be done with G 10 or something. Obviously it'd have to be a little thick to be above the bushings but I have also always thought I'd like to have all three of the good scale options on one knife. Keep up the good work!  :salute:
The thing is that one side scale is going to be whistle and the other going to be LED light. So need to find a way to put Pen/Stylus/Tweezers/Toothpick.
For the pen and stylus is the idea above and for tweezers and toothpick I had in mind another spacer:

First we will see if the pen spacer will work and then we think about the tweezers/toothpick.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD