Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

messenforum.nl

jzmtl · 16 · 2770

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
messenforum.nl
on: October 18, 2009, 04:15:36 AM
Saw it in the ad banner and clicked on it. Seems kinda strange to place an ad to a forum that most member here can't read.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: messenforum.nl
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:25:04 AM
But that kwakster fellow who runs the place seems like such a nice guy. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:17:35 AM
Kwakawuh? F' that guy. :D
Got those frog legs.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:30:11 AM
But that kwakster fellow who runs the place seems like such a nice guy. :)

Ah ha, no wonder the name sounded familiar.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:55:15 AM
If it's the same forum I'm thinking of there were quite few posters that did excellent photo reviews of knives and stuff. I can't see anything because I don't have a log in and my lack of foreign language skills prevents me from registering.  ???

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:51 AM
I've altered the banner a bit to avoid some confusion...

I believe we have a mutual linking deal that we send each other some traffic, obviously more traffic from them to us is probably likely, we're still doing our part!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 04:19:21 PM
Theres an English langauge section on there.
(

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:43:51 PM
Kwakster approached me a few months ago about trading banners, and I was all for it.  His goal was to link as many different forums as possible, and to be honest, I really doubted much would happen with it as many forum owners don't seem to like acknowledging other forums' existence.

Still, he had more success with it than I expected (once again, I was happy to be proven wrong!) and I am proud to put up his banner here, and on EDCSource.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:41:20 PM
We do have our own langauge, spoken only by the chosen people... Alright, to be honest, it's Dutch and there are not many of us  :-\  :D

But I think many over here will agree that Kwakster really is a very nice guy and sure knows what he is talking about regarding knifes and MT. He got me, for example, a 154cm blade for my wave. It fits like a glove and still very happy with that every day!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 11:13:45 PM
But I think many over here will agree that Kwakster really is a very nice guy and sure knows what he is talking about regarding knifes and MT

I'm happy to say, I'm in regular contact with Kwakster via several different media!

Great guy :tu:
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 02:24:58 AM
But I think many over here will agree that Kwakster really is a very nice guy and sure knows what he is talking about regarding knifes and MT

I'm happy to say, I'm in regular contact with Kwakster via several different media!

Great guy :tu:

I am a member there :cheers: Don't go to much because the language thing but when you register you can turn all the settings and things to English and maneuver somewhat better :D Just don't do like me and register as someone under 17 the first go round :P :D I couldn't access any of the forum stuff hardly and had to have Kwakster delete my account so I could try again :o :D

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 12:54:39 PM
Hi guys,  :D

Linking various forums worldwide of course helps to advertize the very existence of each forum, but maybe it could also grow into something bigger.

The idea of having some sort of international "knife & tool brotherhood" somehow appeals to me.
For instance when you travel to another country you can ask for advice beforehand from fellow forum members who actually live in that country.
Or maybe if you happen to get into some sort of trouble in a strange country you could go online and ask a forum member to put you in the right direction, maybe even help you in person.

At the moment trading could be very beneficial especially for the American members; when willing to ship overseas they could do a whole lot of selling because of the huge price differences between the Netherlands and the United States.
You could also choose to help each other out in the event that a certain webshop doesn't want to ship abroad, or when looking for that special knife or tool you can put up wanted ads on each of the local forums and subscribe so you will get noticed when someone wants to sell.

Most people in the Netherlands learn English at a very early age these days, so there is almost no language barrier when they visit English spoken forums.
But i'm fully aware that this isn't the case for our English, Canadian and American friends.
That is why on Messenforum.nl there's an international section also, where only the English language is used, and there are buying and selling departments too.
If someone from those regions has any troubles accessing the Dutch forum you can always get in touch with me, as i can create an account for you and mail you the info, so you only have to change the login.

I don't expect members from different parts of the world to visit the Dutch forum often, as that's what the forums in your own language are for in most cases.
But for the reasons mentioned above (and maybe there are even more valid reasons i didn't think of) it's nice to know the knife & tool brotherhood could span the globe.

:drink:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:01 PM
Wise words Kwakster!

I used to come here a lot.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:22 PM
Now I want to check it out.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 11:22:23 PM
I'm on it. Its a very nice place.
(

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 02:55:09 AM
The kwak man has spoken! 8)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%