Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Favorite Ride

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Your Favorite Ride
on: May 03, 2007, 06:35:43 AM
 Where is your favorite place to ride? My normal place is a route in my hometown,that takes me past some grand old houses that were built in the 19th Century by riverboat captains and owners,and the owners and superintendents of ironworks back in the day when Southern Ohio was the iron making capital of the world. My favorite long distance ride is the river road along the Ohio River generally following US 52.
So where's your favorite place?
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Your Favorite Ride
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:51:07 AM
My favorite trail isn't as historical, but the scenery is nice. It is an old railroad right-of-way that the city purchased and made into a dedicated biking and walking path. It leads from one end of town to the other, running right along Grand Traverse Bay for nearly a mile. My wife and three girls like to take a ride to the ice cream shop several times each summer. It's about a nine mile round trip, but the hot fudge sundae at the halfway point makes it all worthwhile!

(After all, isn't half the fun of burning off calories to put them back on again?)  :grin:

Some pics I found of the TART trail:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Your Favorite Ride
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 06:31:21 PM
That looks like a really scenic ride ! My town muffed a chance to develop  a Rail to Trail path some  years back when one RR abandoned some trackage.  Kentucky is developing a trail running from Lexington to Ashland on the Ohio,about 120 miles total,I'm itching to see it finished.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD