Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Cycle Path

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
The Cycle Path
on: April 25, 2007, 11:59:20 AM
I'm sure that's an overused play on words, but I like it!  Here are a few pics of a Weske bicycle knife to get things started off!

Def
bicycle01.JPG
* bicycle01.JPG (Filesize: 72.11 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: The Cycle Path
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:08 PM
I was tempted to get one of these as it's a pretty sweet old tool.  Maybe next time I see one...

Def
bicycle02.JPG
* bicycle02.JPG (Filesize: 70.54 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:26 PM
These pics were stolen from an eBay auction... there's actually a nice leather sheath that rotates around to cover the blade or handle depending on which part you are using at the time.  It looks like a great doodad for a mountain biker or LD cyclist who may need to make camp at some point.  Of course given the number of battles gravity wins with mountain bikers I think I'd try to get the leather replaced with kydex!

Def
bicycle03.JPG
* bicycle03.JPG (Filesize: 57.67 KB)
bicycle04.JPG
* bicycle04.JPG (Filesize: 56.75 KB)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 06:17:40 PM
Welcome everybody ! We hope to make this a forum where you feel at home and discuss your favorite cycling multis, and adventures,and misadventures on two wheels.
 If you want to review a particular cycling multi,please do so,and pics are always welcome.I do ask if you want to review or discuss any of the bike multis made Wenger or Victorinox,please post in the Swiss Forum.In fact I have a Wenger Biker model,I'm playing with right now for a review to post there.

I'm an avid cyclist,aboard one of my bikes every chance I can get,and a devout multi nut as well,NutSak is an old hand at bike reapir and maintenance,having been a bike mechanic for many years.If you ask nicely,he may even give you a few tips for proper care and maintenance.
Again everybody,welcome aboard and make yourself at home,and enjoy your visit.
I

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 06:22:55 PM
I'm sure that's an overused play on words, but I like it!  Here are a few pics of a Weske bicycle knife to get things started off!

Def
From what I recall the Weske was something from the immediate post WW 2 era.But judging from the blade shape it would have been a good complement to the Velo-dog pistols of the late 19th,very early 20th centuries.When cycling was all the rage.
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 12:11:40 AM
That makes sense.  I have to say I really don't know much about the Weske myself, but it does look like an interesting tool.  I was a little concerned that it would be awkward when I first saw it, but when I found out the sheath was designed to be rotated to form a handle on either side it made more sense!

Def

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 02:03:50 AM
I like to take the path less cycled.  ::)
- Terry

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 02:05:58 AM
since you are doing all these tool ralated forums maybe you should make one dedicated to the most used tool companion
band aid_JPG.jpg
* band aid_JPG.jpg (Filesize: 52.57 KB)
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:47 AM
since you are doing all these tool ralated forums maybe you should make one dedicated to the most used tool companion
How long do you think it would take before a battle royale broke out between fans of Band-aids and Curads? :D BTW,my grand daughter taught me to appreciate the fine points of the Strawberry Shortcake decorated ones!
I

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 03:16:42 AM
That makes sense.  I have to say I really don't know much about the Weske myself, but it does look like an interesting tool.  I was a little concerned that it would be awkward when I first saw it, but when I found out the sheath was designed to be rotated to form a handle on either side it made more sense!

Def
Now we know where the impetus for the SOG Revolver line came from
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 03:45:30 AM
It does seem as though there has been a wagon load of new bike tools hitting the market in recent years. I don't own any (yet) myself, but they look interesting. Am I correct in thinking that there is even a model out there that has a small integral CO2 cartridge for re-inflating your tires?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 05:43:39 AM
It does seem as though there has been a wagon load of new bike tools hitting the market in recent years. I don't own any (yet) myself, but they look interesting. Am I correct in thinking that there is even a model out there that has a small integral CO2 cartridge for re-inflating your tires?
The Blackburn-Airfix,although it does sound like the model airplanes when I was young !

* 41V09RB35DL__AA280_.jpg (Filesize: 7.85 KB)
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 11:39:29 AM
That looks handier than the old pump I had affixed to my bike frame!

Def

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 01:54:29 PM
I've used CO2 cartridges on my road bike for years.  I think they're the best option for 120-140 psi tires.  Many of the portable (frame) pumps just don't cut it when you need that kind of pressure.  Just be sure you have the tire seated well before inflating w/CO2!!
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD