Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WOOHOO!!!!! Football is back!!!!

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Re: WOOHOO!!!!! Football is back!!!!
Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 03:50:40 PM
just like Cricket is real baseball :pok:

and Curling is real sweeping!
I actually laughed out loud at the computer.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 04:08:01 PM
I like the soccer better...
::) Girls play soccer. Soccer is a game, not a sport. The difference between a game and a sport is that, eventually, you WILL get hurt playing sports.

i like college football slightly better b/c it's unpredictable
I don't know if I like it better but I do love college football. Especially the SEC and Big 12 conferences. These games seem to have more of those corn fed farm boys and the games get vicious.

Chiefs also,the only bad news in football now,is the Eagles hired Vick,the only job he should have got was a dog catcher,without the net
I'm a little upset that Vick is back but Tony Dungy(who I admire greatly) says he is really sorry so we'll see.

I'll tell you what really pisses me off. What Michael Vick was bad but what Donte Stallworth did was much worse. He friggin KILLS someone and spends less time in prison than Vick, and there was no public uproar or nothing. I guess killing dogs is a worse crime in this country than killing a person.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:28 PM

Chiefs also,the only bad news in football now,is the Eagles hired Vick,the only job he should have got was a dog catcher,without the net
I'm a little upset that Vick is back but Tony Dungy(who I admire greatly) says he is really sorry so we'll see.

I'll tell you what really pisses me off. What Michael Vick was bad but what Donte Stallworth did was much worse. He friggin KILLS someone and spends less time in prison than Vick, and there was no public uproar or nothing. I guess killing dogs is a worse crime in this country than killing a person.

[/quote]
Please don't tell me your surprised.  Crimes against animals ALWAYS gets more outrage than crimes against people.  I do not know why that is, maybe the public is just use to crimes against people.  I do hate crimes against animals (except squires because squires are plotting against us) but I wish some people would show the same passion when addressing human crimes.

Back on topic.......GO PACK.
And I do love those Badgers.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 04:39:18 PM
Please don't tell me your surprised.
It doesn't surprise me, not really. But it still sickens me.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:44 PM
Please don't tell me your surprised.
It doesn't surprise me, not really. But it still sickens me.
+1

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:54 PM
I like the soccer better...
::) Girls play soccer. Soccer is a game, not a sport. The difference between a game and a sport is that, eventually, you WILL get hurt playing sports.
i like college football slightly better b/c it's unpredictable
I don't know if I like it better but I do love college football. Especially the SEC and Big 12 conferences. These games seem to have more of those corn fed farm boys and the games get vicious.

Then I guess soccer is a sport!  I'm a girl and I played it (even in college) and have had ACL reconstruction twice, broken ankle 3 times, 7 concussions, dislocated shoulder, and broken collar bone.  Yep...soccer's a sport. ;) 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:03 PM
Yep...soccer's a sport
No it's not. I said the difference is that you WILL get hurt in a sport. Hell I got a fish hook imbedded in my thumb one time fishing but that doesn't make it a sport. Hell, just like everyone else in the world I played soccer when I was a kid. Did I ever get hurt? Nope. Have I ever got hurt playing football? Of course, Hockey? Well I'm too far south to plat real hockey but I got hurt plenty times playing gym hockey in high school.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 07:36:00 PM
Yep...soccer's a sport
No it's not. I said the difference is that you WILL get hurt in a sport. Hell I got a fish hook imbedded in my thumb one time fishing but that doesn't make it a sport. Hell, just like everyone else in the world I played soccer when I was a kid. Did I ever get hurt? Nope. Have I ever got hurt playing football? Of course, Hockey? Well I'm too far south to plat real hockey but I got hurt plenty times playing gym hockey in high school.
DTH,
Did you read what I wrote?  LOL! 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
Maybe your accident prone? Like me. Hell I dislocated my shoulder trying to pick up a cat one time. (I swear to God that's the truth) LOL

Holy crap, picking up cats is a sport!!!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:08 PM
Maybe your accident prone? Like me. Hell I dislocated my shoulder trying to pick up a cat one time. (I swear to God that's the truth) LOL

Holy crap, picking up cats is a sport!!!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LOL!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 07:41:47 PM
OK I'll compromise. Soccer is a sport, we'll even call it a dangerous sport. A dangerous girls sport.  :tu: :tu: :angel:

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 08:17:39 PM
OK I'll compromise. Soccer is a sport, we'll even call it a dangerous sport. A dangerous girls sport.  :tu: :tu: :angel:

Soccer is a sport for girls and the “professional” soccer players are wimps that lay down and cry if someone takes the bal away from them.

I would love to se Beckham in a NFL game, he would be killed in the 1st quarter.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 08:24:14 PM
LOL!  Ok, but I'll go one further and say it is "THE" girls sports...especially since the guys who play it are a bunch of cry babies.  I've almost never seen a guy fall in a game and NOT tried for an Academy Award for Best Drama.  :)  I just think it's more fun to play and more fun to watch women play it.  Natasha Kai is a spit fire, Michelle Akers was a damn fine player, and that chick from Brazil is a bruiser!  Whew! 
But back to football...I just never really understood it.  A friend from UK once told me that her interpretation of American Football was: Run around for a minute, stop, have a cup a tea, smack each other on the rear, Run around for a minute, stop, have a cup of tea, etc.  LOL!  If there wasn't so much stopping and starting in football I'd like it a lot more.  I feel the same way about basketball.  As far as I'm concerned you haven't been fouled unless you are on the ground and someone else put you there, on purpose, and with meaning.  :D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 09:16:59 PM
But back to football...I just never really understood it
I think the attraction is that it's a lot like war. Organized chaos. Ground vs air attack. Small and speedy forces vs large but slow forces. You're object on offense is to break through the line however possible. Your job on defense is to prevent it. In an instant you can change from offense to defense. Your attack can go wrong and suddenly it's up to you, despite being a primarily offensive player, to stop them.

People get hurt, HUGE collisions between guys who are as large as cars. Men twice your size who can outrun all but the fastest track and field stars. The drama, pain, stories on and off the field etc etc. It may not be everyone's favorite sport but I LOVE it. God I love it. Pee-wee, high school, college or pro, it matters not. All that matters is that you win.

A lot of people have issues with it "starting and stopping" all the time but really think about it. What's a great thing to do when watching sports. Drink beer, what does drinking beer make you do? Pee. If you're watching a game that never stops chances are when you pee you're gonna miss something. Not so with football.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 09:42:45 PM
The "starting and stopping" is why I don't like football.
(

Offline sappyg

Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 12:05:48 AM
the thing about soccer is that everbody is always running around... their always running.... and falling down... nobody around them and they fall down. and blame it on someone across the field.... i hate that. i do like the world cup though, looking forward to next year. for some odd reason peaple fall down more during the world cup. the paine and suffering must truly be unbarable. yet, somehow they manage to pop back up and continue to run on an obviously broken leg, foot and ankle. these guys are truly super human

i

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2009, 02:46:42 AM
But back to football...I just never really understood it
I think the attraction is that it's a lot like war. Organized chaos. Ground vs air attack. Small and speedy forces vs large but slow forces. You're object on offense is to break through the line however possible. Your job on defense is to prevent it. In an instant you can change from offense to defense. Your attack can go wrong and suddenly it's up to you, despite being a primarily offensive player, to stop them.

People get hurt, HUGE collisions between guys who are as large as cars. Men twice your size who can outrun all but the fastest track and field stars. The drama, pain, stories on and off the field etc etc. It may not be everyone's favorite sport but I LOVE it. God I love it. Pee-wee, high school, college or pro, it matters not. All that matters is that you win.

A lot of people have issues with it "starting and stopping" all the time but really think about it. What's a great thing to do when watching sports. Drink beer, what does drinking beer make you do? Pee. If you're watching a game that never stops chances are when you pee you're gonna miss something. Not so with football.

Here..here!  :tu: to that!

And besides.......you know you are in for some real entertainment when the sport requires that all players wear, what is essentially, Body Armor! You gotta love it!  :viking:

And to the "Starting & Stopping" thing, we gotta be thankful for it. Given what American Football is if it didn't have all the starts and stops they would be a real short games.......before the first quarter ended most of the players would be "casualties", the human body can only take just so much abuse!

GO COLTS !!!

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 06:44:49 PM
Bears "AT" Denver tonight! national TV! :ahhh whooo hoooo!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 05:31:57 AM
Bears win! yeeeees :cheers:

their gonna kill the game with these stupid rules!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 06:06:02 PM
Bears win! yeeeees :cheers:

their gonna kill the game with these stupid rules!
(Image removed from quote.)

I saw that play. That was stupid. He didn't "rough" the passer, he tackled him. I hate how they're babying the QB's these days.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 07:30:48 PM
exactly! I hear they sacked Tom Brady the same way earlier, I don't know if the tackler got a personal foul.
this whole thing is because of Brady ::)

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
OK, after the 1st weekend of regular season how do all y'alls teams look? I have to admit I was surprised at how the Chiefs played. I figured going into Baltimore we'd get smoked but they hung tough and stayed in the game. They even led the game at one point.

Of course we're not going to win the Superbowl this year but compared to last year, I see a mental toughness that just wasn't there last year. Instead of just rolling over and dying like they would have done last year they kept fighting.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 10:28:04 PM
The Pack barely pulled this one out, but an ugly win is still a win.  As much as I despise the Bears, Im sorry to see Brian Urlacher's season end.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 12:37:35 PM
Alright, my Bears are 3-1 (only loss is to the Packers....grrr but we'll get at Soldiers Field)
with tomorrow (today) game between the Packers and the Vikings! YaY

their gonna mash, erase, kill each other! ::) :P :D
(which will help the Bears)

Honestly I hope no one gets hurt :salute:

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:06 PM
Alright, my Bears are 3-1 (only loss is to the Packers....grrr but we'll get at Soldiers Field)
with tomorrow (today) game between the Packers and the Vikings! YaY (Image removed from quote.)

their gonna mash, erase, kill each other! ::) :P :D
(which will help the Bears)

Honestly I hope no one gets hurt :salute:

So if Minnesota and Green Bay kill each other, I guess the Packer cheerleaders will have to beat the Bears at Soldiers field.
Oh and I also hope no one gets hurt...except that Brent, Kent, Bret...whatever his name is.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #55 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:03 PM
Chiefs won, Chiefs won! :drink:

waiting for my Bears game, need a win because the Vikings won in a thriller,
darn field-goal kickers >:( :twak:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #56 on: October 18, 2009, 10:46:50 PM
the thing about soccer is that everbody is always running around... their always running.... and falling down... nobody around them and they fall down. and blame it on someone across the field.... i hate that. i do like the world cup though, looking forward to next year. for some odd reason peaple fall down more during the world cup. the paine and suffering must truly be unbarable. yet, somehow they manage to pop back up and continue to run on an obviously broken leg, foot and ankle. these guys are truly super human

Clearly a student of the game  ::)

Football (as everywhere in the world except the US call it) has no rival as a global sport in commercial, accessibility and even community terms. For some the World Cup is the highlight, but not for most true football supporters, for whom local club is usually much more important than your national team.

It isn't just a game in Europe, it's about tribalism, culture and even class (admittedly less so these days). It truly is a way of life.

Case closed.
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #57 on: October 18, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
lol truly Soccer (real Football) is the "Worlds Game" but here in the usa we don't get exposed to it
like the rest of the world (u third worlders :P j/k) at least when I was a kid we weren't.

but do you have cheerleaders scantily clad, jumping around? :pok: :D

like;

now isn't all the rest just (the games) filler? :salute:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:57:35 PM by WhichDawg »

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 10:55:54 PM
lol truly Soccer (real Football) is the "Worlds Game" but here in the usa we don't get exposed to it
like the rest of the world (u third worlders :P j/k) at least when I was a kid we weren't.

but do you have cheerleaders scantily clad, jumping around? :pok: :D

The day we do, is the day I lose interest ;)

Myself, I have a season ticket for my main club, Aston Villa, who I watch virtually every week, play myself, and run a local kid's team (who won this morning :)).

If I want to watch egg-chasing, we have Rugby ;)
I used to come here a lot.

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 11:01:32 PM

but do you have cheerleaders scantily clad, jumping around? :pok:
Err  :think: no! but we sometimes have naked girls called streakers running around  :D   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%