Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need to get something off my chest....

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: I need to get something off my chest....
Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 03:02:10 AM
You wouldn't have traded with me?  I'm confused.

i think he means LM123 :think:
A

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 03:04:36 AM
Def would be safe in the matter. He had done tons of disclaimers on this topic. He is smarter than we were.

Jeez Is that why he is our fearless leader?
S

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 03:21:03 AM
You wouldn't have traded with me?  I'm confused.

I think he's saying he wouldn't have traded with LM123 if he had known his true situation...
[

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 03:27:22 AM
S
Here's the issue with the lies.  Some people on here made sales/trades of knives to a minor.  You sold or traded knives to a 17 year old kid, if he's even THAT old!!  I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's not exactly in accordance with the law.  Granted, non of you knew, but that's the point.  These lies could have gotten someone on here in a whole heap of trouble.  Could have gotten this whole FORUM in trouble, and in effect, gotten Def in a whole world of trouble for allowing it to happen.  Granted, noone knew, but again, THAT'S the point.

Honestly, do you think I'd lie about my age again?  ??? I'm not so sure about that. How could someone have gotten in trouble? I have been collecting knives since I was about 7 years old. My parents are aware of the fact I trade as well.

It's not like I'm getting dangerous knives. I'm getting multitools with less than a 3.5 inch blade. Multitools aren't illegal here in Mass either. In Mass, you are allowed to carry a blade as big as your palm. None of the multitool blades I have are near that.  

If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...  :-\ I've confessed about a very bad thing and plan to improve on that.
B

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 03:31:11 AM
Confessing is only part of it, dealing with the consequences is another.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:23 AM
No just stated that wrong...makes me nervous a bit now cause Im not looking for any trouble with trading or selling.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 03:34:43 AM
What does your fiance think about all this?
[

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 03:39:16 AM
 :rofl:

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 03:41:32 AM
I'm not putting up with this!  :salute:
B

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 03:42:48 AM
If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...   I've confessed about a very bad thing and plan to improve on that.

As you get older you will notice that noone remembers all the atta boys you get just all the OH Sh_Ts.

Give people time and prove yourself over and over, Trust is something that is freely given the first time after that it has to be earned.

I knew you weren't a cop when I asked you the question about the SIG and the decocking lever.

You pissed off a lot of people and if they forgive then that is their discussion there is nothing you can do about it.

You came "clean" so stay that way.  

As far as your trade with Zack I would suggest that you get him a Wave just for the sake of agruement but that is my opinion.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:00 AM
If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...   I've confessed about a very bad thing and plan to improve on that.

As you get older you will notice that noone remembers all the atta boys you get just all the OH Sh_Ts.

Give people time and prove yourself over and over, Trust is something that is freely given the first time after that it has to be earned.
I knew you weren't a cop when I asked you the question about the SIG and the decocking lever.

You pissed off a lot of people and if they forgive then that is their discussion there is nothing you can do about it.

You came "clean" so stay that way.  

As far as your trade with Zack I would suggest that you get him a Wave just for the sake of agruement but that is my opinion.

Truth

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:36 AM
Ok guys knock it off.

You have to expect dishonesty on the internet. It is so easy to lie and mislead.

At least you have to give him credit for coming clean, even though most of us smelled something was out of whack.

What would you all gain by chasing him off from here? He screwed up in a grand way, I will be honest, but I also believe in redemption and second chances.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 03:52:35 AM
Ok guys knock it off.

You have to expect dishonesty on the internet. It is so easy to lie and mislead.

At least you have to give him credit for coming clean, even though most of us smelled something was out of whack.

What would you all gain by chasing him off from here? He screwed up in a grand way, I will be honest, but I also believe in redemption and second chances.

+1
A

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:33 AM
Ok guys knock it off.

I don't think anyone is chasing him off, just pointing out that there are consequences to actions.  Think of it as Internet parenting. 

Personally, I'd like him to stick around.  It'll get better with time.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 03:57:06 AM
Ok guys knock it off.

I agree as well.....

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 04:04:17 AM
S
Here's the issue with the lies.  Some people on here made sales/trades of knives to a minor.  You sold or traded knives to a 17 year old kid, if he's even THAT old!!  I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's not exactly in accordance with the law.  Granted, non of you knew, but that's the point.  These lies could have gotten someone on here in a whole heap of trouble.  Could have gotten this whole FORUM in trouble, and in effect, gotten Def in a whole world of trouble for allowing it to happen.  Granted, noone knew, but again, THAT'S the point.

Honestly, do you think I'd lie about my age again?  ??? I'm not so sure about that. How could someone have gotten in trouble? I have been collecting knives since I was about 7 years old. My parents are aware of the fact I trade as well.

It's not like I'm getting dangerous knives. I'm getting multitools with less than a 3.5 inch blade. Multitools aren't illegal here in Mass either. In Mass, you are allowed to carry a blade as big as your palm. None of the multitool blades I have are near that.  

If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...  :-\ I've confessed about a very bad thing and plan to improve on that.
LM123,
Whether you agree with it or not, people have the right not to sell to a minor whether they are obeying the laws of their home area or are just being very concientious sellers/traders.  You don't have to agree with it.  Apologies and promises only go so far.  You'll have to prove to those that you've offended that you are on the up and up now.  Dishonesty over the internet may be "easy", but in a place like this it is still very wrong.  You've admitted that and yes, I would think you get a little bit of credit for that.  But you can't expect immediate respect right off the bat because you have been very disrepectful of a lot of people for quite a while.  
I'm sure you have every intention of being truthful now, but intentions, promises, and such won't make it just go away.  I suspect you're going to have to just be consistent and if there are any issues out there that are hanging or any wrongs that you can rectify, I suggest you do it.  Being young is not in of itself a bad thing.  Offending the people who really do the things you professed to do is.  I suspect if you go into law enforcement, you'll understand what it really means to wear that uniform and have that title.  
Don't run off and don't hide.  People are unburdening their "chests" as well with regard to your confession.  Let them have their say and you can take it and proceed with honesty and integrity. 
Gray
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 04:07:47 AM
S

LM123-I think the better response to his post would have been "good point".  You misrepresented yourself and your age causing people to send blades to a non-adult, its a big deal to me.  Dont get defensive when people have a problem with it.  YOUR NOT THE VICTIM HERE.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #47 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:14 AM
On a lighter note.....who's ready for that Supertool 300? :D
:like:    :MTO:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:40 AM
S

LM123-I think the better response to his post would have been "good point".  You misrepresented yourself and your age causing people to send blades to a non-adult, its a big deal to me....dont get defensive when people have a problem with.  YOUR NOT THE VICTIM HERE.
+1
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:56 AM
Sage advice Gray :tu:

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 04:13:38 AM
I also agree in second chances, and the internet can be a hall or mirrors at times; nothing is what it seems, but he has to expect a lot of people to be upset and to get things off their chest in response.  Its his choice as to whether he stays or goes, and I'm not going to make that decision for him.  By coming clean he acted like an adult for a childish thing, and now he's either going to act like an adult and take this situation and learn from it, or leave and not learn anything.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:31 AM
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and take a step back.  This thread is on the edge of getting out of hand and turning into a personal attack.

I actually enjoyed some of the LM123 threads...  I think most people knew there was something fishy about the whole thing, and that made the Bear Grylls knife thread, and the constant jokes about taking pictures fairly entertaining...

The trading issues aside, I think the biggest problem I have with this whole situation is that you (LM123) felt the need to misrepresent yourself.  You've been a member of this forum for a long time, and have seen that MT.O has NEVER discriminated against ANYONE because of who they are (or aren't.)  The only thing that matters here is that you have an interest in Multitools.  It doesn't matter if you even OWN a multitool, as long as you have an interest in them.  It has never been important to anyone how old someone is, or what their occupation is.  You should have seen that, and this "confession" should have taken place a long time ago.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 04:30:14 AM
The trading issues should have been another thread, but I was frustrated.  I will keep a close eye on this thread, but I feel I have spoke my peace, and will not add any more fuel to the fire.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 05:27:41 AM
If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...

I'm not putting up with this!

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 05:30:59 AM
On a lighter note.....who's ready for that Supertool 300? :D
Oh, I am!  But not because I want one...I can't wait to see all of the hundreds of posts/threads that you guys are gonna come up with for it.  :D

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #55 on: August 12, 2009, 05:58:35 AM
If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...

I'm not putting up with this!

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL.  Easy there, DTH!!  I think the kid's got the picture.  We've all made it clear that sometimes in life, you have to learn to eat $h!t and like the taste for a while. 

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:45 AM
Hmmm...    :-\
(

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:39 AM
It's too bad that you felt that you had to lie about your age and the other stuff Nikko. But hey it's good that you finally came clean. Life is about learning from your mistakes and trying to better yourself along the way. You can turn this into a positive situation and move on. I have enjoyed some of your threads and hope you decide to hang around.
"

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 07:33:54 AM
This explains a whole lot of things!   ::)  This is why I have you on pm ignore and have blocked your emails. I'm not perfect, but lying as long as you have is a fricking joke! Yes you came clean, but it took you 6000 posts to do so.  >:(  I say Ben should use his big red button and get rid of your a*^!!! 

With that being said, I think you will need to show the membership the real you. You need to settle down on your pm's and emails and decided what you really want before you deal with people. Your pm's and emails drive me nuts!! I didn't know you were 17, but I knew something wasn't right. People think I'm harsh sometimes, but I'm honest and always deal with the membership in total honesty. We can't alway candy coat the problems here at MTO, but I'm willing to give you another chance but like I said you'll have to show us the real you.

I think you're a nice Kid Nikko, but time to be a nice adult.   :salute:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 07:39:38 AM
I think if anyone else is "pretending" its a good time to come clean.
(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD