Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need to get something off my chest....

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: I need to get something off my chest....
Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 07:41:55 AM
I think if anyone else is "pretending" its a good time to come clean.

I agree 100%!   :tu:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 07:46:14 AM
What does your fiance think about all this?

I wonder if she exists.
(

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 08:00:16 AM
What does your fiance think about all this?

I wonder if she exists.

She sure does, just check out the July '07 issue of Playboy.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gb Online Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 08:20:34 AM
I'm not putting up with this!  :salute:

Don't be so hasty, you're getting off pretty lightly so far. People have a right to react to what you have said and your attitude just proves your real age and the fact that you are fairly immature. There's an age limit here for a reason and you have received a lot of edged tools from members here under cover of a deception. That's going to make some of those people fairly unhappy. I hope you stay, but you only have yourself to blame for this situation, it's all your own work  ::)
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: August 12, 2009, 08:26:59 AM

Don't be so hasty, you're getting off pretty lightly so far. People have a right to react to what you have said and your attitude just proves your real age and the fact that you are fairly immature. There's an age limit here for a reason and you have received a lot of edged tools from members here under cover of a deception. That's going to make some of those people fairly unhappy. I hope you stay, but you only have yourself to blame for this situation, it's all your own work  ::)

I must give Nikko some credit here. I've done several trades with him and never had a problem with any of our deals. Like I said before Nikko, just use more tape!  :tu:  :D

gb Online Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #65 on: August 12, 2009, 08:41:03 AM

I must give Nikko some credit here. I've done several trades with him and never had a problem with any of our deals. Like I said before Nikko, just use more tape!  :tu:  :D

Who am I to judge, just trying to get him to understand the situation better  :think:
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: August 12, 2009, 08:44:27 AM

Who am I to judge, just trying to get him to understand the situation better  :think:

Oh I know it...   :tu:  I'm sure he will learn something from this.  :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #67 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:12 AM

Sorry Nikko, but I am not sure what you really expected?  Like it's already been said you are getting off very lightly here IMO.  You are the wrong doer here and now people are saying how they don't like it you make yourself the victim?  I don't think so.

I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #68 on: August 12, 2009, 11:52:49 AM
Ok guys knock it off.

You have to expect dishonesty on the internet. It is so easy to lie and mislead.

At least you have to give him credit for coming clean, even though most of us smelled something was out of whack.

What would you all gain by chasing him off from here? He screwed up in a grand way, I will be honest, but I also believe in redemption and second chances.

OK I can see what you are trying to do here, but no offense, some of us have had about 2 years of lies to put up with and listen to and you have had 2 minutes.  Dishonesty on the internet is to be expected sometimes but when it comes to the legality of trading knives etc and some people breaking the law, that is quite different.
I'm back!!

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 12:42:32 PM
S
Here's the issue with the lies.  Some people on here made sales/trades of knives to a minor.  You sold or traded knives to a 17 year old kid, if he's even THAT old!!  I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's not exactly in accordance with the law.  Granted, non of you knew, but that's the point.  These lies could have gotten someone on here in a whole heap of trouble.  Could have gotten this whole FORUM in trouble, and in effect, gotten Def in a whole world of trouble for allowing it to happen.  Granted, noone knew, but again, THAT'S the point.

Honestly, do you think I'd lie about my age again?  ??? I'm not so sure about that. How could someone have gotten in trouble? I have been collecting knives since I was about 7 years old. My parents are aware of the fact I trade as well.

It's not like I'm getting dangerous knives. I'm getting multitools with less than a 3.5 inch blade. Multitools aren't illegal here in Mass either. In Mass, you are allowed to carry a blade as big as your palm. None of the multitool blades I have are near that.  

If you guys still can't trust me, I'm not so sure I belong here...  :-\ I've confessed about a very bad thing and plan to improve on that.

If thats how you feel, you could always come back when your attitude matures.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
I don’t like lying and pretty much hate liars. Feel free to stay around LM123 but stop the lying and behave like the Cop you want too bee and stop the whining, I hate whiners also.
In my world you have a lot too prove from now on.

There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 01:09:27 PM
In many places on this planet...there is no law about selling knives to minors. I don't know about his local State however.  You are correct; it would be different if I traded with him. I don’t have to worry about that though, as trading means I would have to part with one of my tools….and I know I can’t do that. :D

I would be royally ticked off with him if I was in the UK and he bought after someone like Neil asked him if he was 18 or over and he lied about that. I would hang him out to dry for something like that. Likewise, the mentioning of the lost Wave….well that should have been in a PM honestly. Because he lies, does that give that person the right to try and hang a thief label on him for everyone else to consider?

He did come clean about the lying. Do you want his experience to be so horrendous that he learns not to come clean next time as opposed to not lying? People from my experience tend to take the path of least resistance. Humanity is akin to water and electricity one could say. I am not so sure that making him feel so small is the right thing to do in this regard. Of course he isn’t going to take this. He is only 17 years old. Likewise, I know many grown adults that couldn’t take their peers scrutiny either.

Benner, the time frame is meaningless. Are you telling me that my experiences with him are not as meaningful as with others due to it being of a lesser time frame?

I do not condoning his lying or his actions.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:11:10 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 01:31:52 PM

Ok.

I am really Ben's sockpuppet.

I feel better and much more lint free.  :tu:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
Chako, time has nothing to do with it, but I do not feel you know the extent that Nikko has gone to to cover his story and that's where the difference lies.  True he has come clean and if you actually look back I said that he must have had guts to do so, but if everyone here was all nicey nicey do you think that would be teaching him a lesson in life?  For me, no it wouldn't.  Lies are bad and if you do lie, you deserve to suffer the consequences.  Nikko is 17, not 7 and knows the difference between right and wrong and just needs to suck up what is being said, take it on the chin and learn and move on from it.  This whole poor me "I don't have to listen to this" BS is just cack.

Learn from it Nikko, read the responses and the people here I think will eventually move on if you are genuine and cut the crap.  We have a great bunch here.
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 01:44:14 PM

Ok.

Good on you mate.  :salute: :D
I'm back!!

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 01:54:20 PM
In many places on this planet...there is no law about selling knives to minors. I don't know about his local State however.  You are correct; it would be different if I traded with him. I don’t have to worry about that though, as trading means I would have to part with one of my tools….and I know I can’t do that. :D

I would be royally ticked off with him if I was in the UK and he bought after someone like Neil asked him if he was 18 or over and he lied about that. I would hang him out to dry for something like that. Likewise, the mentioning of the lost Wave….well that should have been in a PM honestly. Because he lies, does that give that person the right to try and hang a thief label on him for everyone else to consider?

He did come clean about the lying. Do you want his experience to be so horrendous that he learns not to come clean next time as opposed to not lying? People from my experience tend to take the path of least resistance. Humanity is akin to water and electricity one could say. I am not so sure that making him feel so small is the right thing to do in this regard. Of course he isn’t going to take this. He is only 17 years old. Likewise, I know many grown adults that couldn’t take their peers scrutiny either.

Benner, the time frame is meaningless. Are you telling me that my experiences with him are not as meaningful as with others due to it being of a lesser time frame?

I do not condoning his lying or his actions.

It called a consequence, Chako.  Everything we do or say has consequences.  Some good, some not so good, and some bad.  It's just the way it is.  You can't go out in the rain without getting wet.  You can't gout out in the heat and not feel hot.  There's always a reaction.  Nikko apologized, but like I said, it wasn't for us.  It was to lighten the load he's been carrying, a load HE put there himself.  So he unloads his load and wants to feel better about himself.  What about all the damage he's done?  Should we just overlook it?  If he has the right to apologize, don't we have the right to feel upset about it?  You bet your a$$ we do.  It like you finding out your wife cheated on you.  I guess all she has to do is say she's sorry, and you wipe the slate clean.  And no, this is no different.  A lie is a lie is a lie.  This kid needs to learn that you can't lie, admit to it, and expect not to piss some people off.  It's a lesson he is learning.  Like I said earlier, take it like a man and deal with YOUR OWN actions.  If you don't want to, then it was a hollow apology.  It's that simple.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 02:50:30 PM
It called a consequence, Chako.  Everything we do or say has consequences.  Some good, some not so good, and some bad.  It's just the way it is.  You can't go out in the rain without getting wet.  You can't gout out in the heat and not feel hot.  There's always a reaction.  Nikko apologized, but like I said, it wasn't for us.  It was to lighten the load he's been carrying, a load HE put there himself.  So he unloads his load and wants to feel better about himself.  What about all the damage he's done?  Should we just overlook it?  If he has the right to apologize, don't we have the right to feel upset about it?  You bet your a$$ we do.  It like you finding out your wife cheated on you.  I guess all she has to do is say she's sorry, and you wipe the slate clean.  And no, this is no different.  A lie is a lie is a lie.  This kid needs to learn that you can't lie, admit to it, and expect not to piss some people off.  It's a lesson he is learning.  Like I said earlier, take it like a man and deal with YOUR OWN actions.  If you don't want to, then it was a hollow apology.  It's that simple.

Well said, Johnny.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 02:55:10 PM
Yes, we do have the right to feel however we like about it, and if that means we are utterly p*ssed off, that's fine.

I judge people by their actions and trust is something I find difficult to regain when it's lost. Personally, when I have really f*cked up and had to fess up, I fully expected and deserved the fallout which I got in return. He needs to man up.

Maybe he was expecting some kind of Catholic response from us - go say 7 Hail Mary's and clean all your tools  ???
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 02:58:04 PM

Ok.

Good on you mate.  :salute: :D

All part of Glastnost  :cheers:

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: August 12, 2009, 03:15:34 PM
I'm really surprised about LM123's revelation! That he's just 17 yrs. old,and not a cop, and not having a camera. And maybe he's not also a 6ft plus guy! I've traded with him once, and exchanged pm's thinking he's a mature 35-40 yr or so fella.
Hey kid, Where'd you get the money to buy your Charges?
Nikko, whatever your name is, I think you need help.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #80 on: August 12, 2009, 03:15:46 PM
You know. I dislike liars myself.

However, most of you guys are going on like you thought you knew him personally.

I am quite honest in stating that I know nobody on this forum. I may have ideas about a few, but frankly I haven't met anyone, and I keep an open mind about my interpretations of people I meet online. I don't know you unless I truly meet you in person. I may feel like I sort of know you, but I know that is just a feeling based upon long distance communications. I have been on many forums where lying is almost a given (not saying it is right). The Net is set up for lying. We all use nicknames to keep our identities hidden. Hell, DTH didn't even give me his name for the freebie that he won, so I had to send it with DTH as the name. I can't blame him, as some people like to keep their real life separate from their online persona...myself most of the times included. Def even felt uneasy using his real name on this forum I think. So this is not an uncommon phenomenon. We are in fact all guilty of this to some degree. Admittedly, he took it to the next level or several as it may be, and eventually it caught up with him as it always does.

I know this place feels like a tight knit group and all, but what should be the consequences for lying on a public forum? You guys talk about consequences etc like he did you all wrong, when in truth, he did himself the most wrong. Yeah, he lost the trust of some of you, and that is more than fair. You guys even have the right to ignore him and not make him feel welcome anymore. However, should you have even given him that much trust that you feel alienated when the truth finally came out?

This thread is starting to feel too darn heavy. I feel the need to talk about Multi-tools. :D

That is enough from me. I won't respond to this thread anymore. I have said my peace. You got the right to say yours equally.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #81 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20:05 PM
Anyone using this forum to buy, sell or trade any items are responsible for determining legality, condition, postal rates or any other matters involved in the trade.  Multitool.org does not in any way, shape or form assume any liability for any trade problems that might arise.  This forum is offered as a free service to members, and it is up to those members to be aware of what they are trading, and whom they are trading with.

What ever happened to this?  ??? I was aware of every trade and I honestly don't see a problem....
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #82 on: August 12, 2009, 04:04:33 PM
Anyone using this forum to buy, sell or trade any items are responsible for determining legality, condition, postal rates or any other matters involved in the trade.  Multitool.org does not in any way, shape or form assume any liability for any trade problems that might arise.  This forum is offered as a free service to members, and it is up to those members to be aware of what they are trading, and whom they are trading with.

What ever happened to this?  ??? I was aware of every trade and I honestly don't see a problem....

I don't get what you are saying?  The poor sod trading with you didn't know though did they?

Nikko when you started this thread I actually gained a little amount of respect for you as you were facing up and making it right.  Since that post though all you seem to have done is try and make out you are the victim and justify what you did  ???  You did wrong mate, man up an accept that before people here lose all respect for you.
I'm back!!

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: August 12, 2009, 04:07:42 PM
Anyone using this forum to buy, sell or trade any items are responsible for determining legality, condition, postal rates or any other matters involved in the trade.  Multitool.org does not in any way, shape or form assume any liability for any trade problems that might arise.  This forum is offered as a free service to members, and it is up to those members to be aware of what they are trading, and whom they are trading with.

What ever happened to this?  ??? I was aware of every trade and I honestly don't see a problem....
What ever happened to THIS?  We were not given the opportunity to know who we were trading with.  Im done posting on here, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!!  I have changed my tune, GO AWAY!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #84 on: August 12, 2009, 04:19:41 PM
Hell, DTH didn't even give me his name for the freebie that he won, so I had to send it with DTH as the name.
That was simply a mistake. I was excited. My name is Pat Haynes. I like slow walks on a sunset beach, I have long blonde curly hair and my measurements are 38DDD-24-36

OK, I gotta come clean, that's my real name but I don't have nice hooters. But I DO have the prettiest hair as you can see from my picture.

E2A: That is my real name.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:07:26 PM by ducktapehero »
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #85 on: August 12, 2009, 04:24:55 PM
I think what I just said was a huge misunderstanding. I was simply saying that I knew what I was getting into with every trade and I am liable for everything I do here. I take all responsibility for every trade I do here.
B

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 04:34:21 PM
Everyone makes mistakes.

His just lasted a little too long.

We all learn... life carries on.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #87 on: August 12, 2009, 05:22:43 PM
You know. I dislike liars myself.

However, most of you guys are going on like you thought you knew him personally.

I am quite honest in stating that I know nobody on this forum. I may have ideas about a few, but frankly I haven't met anyone, and I keep an open mind about my interpretations of people I meet online. I don't know you unless I truly meet you in person. I may feel like I sort of know you, but I know that is just a feeling based upon long distance communications. I have been on many forums where lying is almost a given (not saying it is right). The Net is set up for lying. We all use nicknames to keep our identities hidden. Hell, DTH didn't even give me his name for the freebie that he won, so I had to send it with DTH as the name. I can't blame him, as some people like to keep their real life separate from their online persona...myself most of the times included. Def even felt uneasy using his real name on this forum I think. So this is not an uncommon phenomenon. We are in fact all guilty of this to some degree. Admittedly, he took it to the next level or several as it may be, and eventually it caught up with him as it always does.

I know this place feels like a tight knit group and all, but what should be the consequences for lying on a public forum? You guys talk about consequences etc like he did you all wrong, when in truth, he did himself the most wrong. Yeah, he lost the trust of some of you, and that is more than fair. You guys even have the right to ignore him and not make him feel welcome anymore. However, should you have even given him that much trust that you feel alienated when the truth finally came out?

This thread is starting to feel too darn heavy. I feel the need to talk about Multi-tools. :D

That is enough from me. I won't respond to this thread anymore. I have said my peace. You got the right to say yours equally.  :salute:

There is a certain amount of trust given to someone when it comes to a trade or sale.  You are giving them your name.  You are giving them your address.  There is also a certain amount of etiquette involved in the sale.trade of sharp objects and blades.  The multitools are riddled with sharp and pointy objects.  There is a responsibility involved in that.  I could not sell or trade a knife to a minor, whether it is in the form of a Bowie knife of a Squirt P4.  Doesn't matter, I won't do it, so to be fooled into doing it by someone's lie would, in my eyes, be taking advantage of me and my trust.  Public forum that this is, internet forum that this is, there still exists something called honor, etiquette, and respect.  We all bust each other's ball sometimes and say things in fun, but there still exists some respect there.  To lie to us, trade or sell to us in the form of a lie, and call yourself a cop, (which in and of itself is an insult to any and all law enforcement officers who had to bust their butts to get there, and then had to deal with a relatively low paying, thankless job on a daily basis) is not an easy pill for me personally to swallow. 
Chako, I respect your decision.  You are a better man then I am, I guess.  Good for you.  Forgive and foget, you won't be judged.
Nikko, man up son.  You did the crime, do the time, but do me a favor?  STOP BITCHING AND COMPLAINING about it!!   If you took FULL responsibility of your sales/trades, you would have let us know we were selling/trading with a minor.  I would never have even discussed a trade with you if I had known that.  You lied to me.  I'm not as forgiving as Chako.       

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #88 on: August 12, 2009, 05:35:25 PM
Def even felt uneasy using his real name on this forum I think.

I am not disagreeing with your sentiment, as in fact I agree, but I do want to clarify that the only unease I felt in putting my real name up here was that most of the online community knows me (and has known me for over a decade) as "Def" or "Defender."  In a way, it's more like my "real name" in this community than my real name is.

So, why didn't I originally register everywhere under my own name?  One, in those early days of online adventuring, everyone used a nickname, not so much for anonymity, but because it was cool and the "in" thing to do.  Plus, I really don't like my name, and often wish I'd had a normal name to go by, like Jeff or Dave or Tom.  It was never meant to hide who I was/am, just a cool sounding name.

And, my full name, address and cell number are in the contact section of the main site, so if I was hiding, I'd be doing a really sh*tty job of it!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: August 12, 2009, 06:42:03 PM
  I take all responsibility for every trade I do here.

I have been trying to stay out of this thread but could'nt after I read this.     After our last trade(and I do  mean last unless you make good on it) I find this statement to be pretty much a joke.
Dennis

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD