Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ST 300 owners club

RaptorMan · 2309 · 163428

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: ST 300 owners club
Reply #60 on: September 15, 2009, 05:59:59 AM
Wasn't the first Skeletools that shipped kind of dodgy on the finish/quality?
[

Offline matt

Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 06:04:06 AM
I am more than pleased with my 300,I guess its because I dont view the scratches from opening the tool,or the slight friction of the file against the handle as a fault or imperfection,to me its a tool not a piece of jewelery,the fit and finish of mine was great in my opinion.I am sorry to hear that some  have been disappointed,i guess we as a group do sometimes set ourselves up to be disappointed by expecting the next tool or new model to be a holy grail,i have done it myself.this is just the opinion of one guy but I have to say for the $68 shipped I paid for the newest,latest,strongest leatherman on the planet I feel like I got a deal, and I am going to use the hell out of this tool,I will get every penney's worth of use out of it.I will not worry for one second about scratches or surface rust or wear and tear,because its a tool and life is too short to sweat the little stuff.carry it use it and dont look back.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 06:07:14 AM
I am more than pleased with my 300,I guess its because I dont view the scratches from opening the tool,or the slight friction of the file against the handle as a fault or imperfection,to me its a tool not a piece of jewelery,the fit and finish of mine was great in my opinion.I am sorry to hear that some  have been disappointed,i guess we as a group do sometimes set ourselves up to be disappointed by expecting the next tool or new model to be a holy grail,i have done it myself.this is just the opinion of one guy but I have to say for the $68 shipped I paid for the newest,latest,strongest leatherman on the planet I feel like I got a deal, and I am going to use the hell out of this tool,I will get every penney's worth of use out of it.I will not worry for one second about scratches or surface rust or wear and tear,because its a tool and life is too short to sweat the little stuff.carry it use it and dont look back.

Damn!! We need a teeshirt that says that! :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 06:08:04 AM
i believe this "not perfect finish" is usual with brand new products MT, computers, etc

you kinda expect that even when the manufacturer tried to get it right sometimes they cant do it the first time, im sure the initial problems will be solve with the help of feedback and time :cheers:

i cant wait to get mine :ahhh
A

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 06:09:27 AM

+1 :tu:
A

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #65 on: September 15, 2009, 07:37:15 AM
I will say that the whe comment above about the first tools that come out sometimes have quality issues.

I am really okay with the ST 300. Although it wasn't what I had expected o terms of quality. But j can't say that I can see any way that it really could be better.

I go a Skeletool a few weekes after they came out and that hong was seriously lacking in quality.

I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Skeletool since after I traded it away over a year ago. So I'm actually thinking about ordering another one.

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 07:43:27 AM

+1 :tu:

+1 more! :D :tu:
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:12 PM
I will say that the whe comment above about the first tools that come out sometimes have quality issues.

I am really okay with the ST 300. Although it wasn't what I had expected o terms of quality. But j can't say that I can see any way that it really could be better.

I go a Skeletool a few weekes after they came out and that hong was seriously lacking in quality.

I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Skeletool since after I traded it away over a year ago. So I'm actually thinking about ordering another one.

Aren't you just contradicting yourself over and over.  :think:
I'm back!!

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 09:32:19 PM
Absolutely.

Thats why Im gonna say that I LOVE the ST 300 and for now the Skeletool is okay in my book.

There, now Im done.

I seem to have dug myself into a ditch with my previous comments. 

Here are some pictures:

us Offline getahl

Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 11:43:15 PM
Mine came in today (it was a looong half hour trip home from work today). It has a nice feel to it, overall. The pliers feel good, there's no wiggle in the blades and tools, the file doesn't scrape, and it has the best fit and finish of any Leatherman I've bought thus far, except for my E4. My Charge came too tight to use (had to send it in), my Skeletool was pretty tight, but manageable, my S4 was a little wobbly, and my Micra, while very good, wasn't quite as good :)

Edit: In my haste to joint the club, I accidentally hit post  :pok:

The thing isn't as heavy as I was expecting, either. Sure, there's only an ounce and a half difference between this and my TTi, but it's not terribly heavy.

Now, the sheathe. What's up with the sheathe? I grabbed the leather one, and the flap is asymmetrical. I'm assuming this is on purpose? What is the purpose to the concavity on the left side of the flap? Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:48:02 PM by getahl »

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:15 AM
That BO ST200 just made my pants tighter!!! >:D
N

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: September 16, 2009, 07:08:41 AM
finally! a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIXZIpkdcpM

not mine tho
A

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #72 on: September 17, 2009, 01:56:35 AM
Well, I must graciously resign from the 300 club. I'm no longer an owner, therefore don't meet the requirements. :multi:
N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #73 on: September 17, 2009, 01:58:17 AM
But you do have one of the coolest guys in your avatar.  Maybe the guys will let you stay.  :D
I'm back!!

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:35 AM
But you do have one of the coolest guys in your avatar.  Maybe the guys will let you stay.  :D

Only if he promises to replace his hand with SwissTool.  ;)
[

us Offline GMArthur

Reply #75 on: September 17, 2009, 04:35:43 AM

"Groovy!"

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #76 on: September 17, 2009, 04:56:15 AM

"Groovy!"

:D :D

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #77 on: September 17, 2009, 05:46:33 AM
"Hail to the king!" :D
N

Offline joebw

Reply #78 on: September 19, 2009, 12:55:50 AM
Hi,

My ST 300 in SS guise arrived today. Big hunk of steel.  Please add me to the club.

Thanks - Joe

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #79 on: September 19, 2009, 12:56:57 AM
I want mine now :(

I've been waiting for like, a day and a half :D

I used to come here a lot.

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #80 on: September 19, 2009, 02:28:26 AM

You should post those pics I sent you! Technically since it is pics of YOUR ST300, the pics are yours now too! ;)
N

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #81 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:39 AM
I'm in now as I have one on the way.  :mail:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: September 19, 2009, 02:57:46 AM

You should post those pics I sent you! Technically since it is pics of YOUR ST300, the pics are yours now too! ;)

They're going on my blog :D

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #83 on: September 19, 2009, 03:22:28 AM
They include some partials of both my kitchen tables, & I think 1 of my lunchbox :think:!  :D
N

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: September 19, 2009, 12:06:55 PM
:D

Offline John Frederick

Reply #85 on: September 19, 2009, 04:49:39 PM
O.K., I'm in  :D

I'm very happy with this bad boy overall. If I had to pick nits I would point out that the handles are not as comfortable to squeeze on in plier mode as the Core was; the rounded edges are just not as wide. However I accept this compromise as it allowed LM to ditch the delrin spacers and to narrow the handles down at the plier head; two changes I really appreciate.
Also, the clumping/no clumping feature is kind of weird: I preferred the simpler design of the Core.   

Regarding fit and finish: I have no idea what constitutes good f&f on a tool- if it functions properly I'm happy. The first thing I do with my tools is use them so they quickly get scratched up anyway.

Here's some more pics. I no longer have a Core to show you a direct comparison but I have a Surge.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: September 19, 2009, 05:03:56 PM
Nice shots mate :tu:
A

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #87 on: September 19, 2009, 06:34:57 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

:gimme:

"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: September 21, 2009, 11:25:18 PM
Alright ST 300 owners. After sometime carrying your 300 what so you think of the smart clumping system? I have to say that I kind of like the Core system better. Maybe I just got used to it. But I find it just easier to use and less annoying. 
"

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #89 on: September 21, 2009, 11:32:06 PM
The irony is that I have had 2 on order from the local shop the day after I read someone had an early release. Now everyone has one but me. I am thinking less and less of my local shop...grrrr.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44