Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Item: Leatherman Bit Extender

J-sews · 42 · 6492

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: New Item: Leatherman Bit Extender
Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 09:12:31 AM
Forget about the bit extender, I want to know where Def got the cool Star Wars smiley.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 12:16:54 PM
It's available for everyone here... it's just a hidden one.  Try typing in "jedi" with a colon in front of the J and after the I so it looks like this : jedi : only without the spaces.

:jedi:

Here's another secret smiley...

:nanadance:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #32 on: June 02, 2007, 02:56:52 PM
Its back!!! 12.00$

It's $17 total with the standard shipping.  It seems a bit steep to me...I've paid less for the Leatherman Core, Fuse, and Squirt during the Target sale. ...and I didn't pay much more for the Leatherman Blast.

But I'm not sold on the use of multi-tool adapters anyway--
(1) accessories = more stuff to carry or lose.
(2) basicly the adapter allows you to use the Wave/Charge as a handle.  but with those outside opening blades, the Wave/Charge isn't a very ergonomic handle.  I find the design of the Victorinox bit driver and ratchet more practical.
(3) screwdrivers and bit drivers are available in sizes that aren't much bigger than the Leatherman adapter.   

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: June 02, 2007, 03:06:20 PM
I think you might be approaching it the wrong way.  Sure, your argument makes sense for one of us, but for the average person who only has one tool it greatly extends their functionality.  Those types of people only have one tool and use it, and don't usually say "you know, I'll bet the SwissTool Spirit would be a heck of alot more comfortable, ergonomically speaking."  Chances are they will just do what needs to be done, turn to whoever they are with and say "Thank God someone here watched MacGuyver!"

And as for those of us here, many of us are collectors and have to have them simply because we don't already!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 03:56:36 PM
I think you might be approaching it the wrong way.  Sure, your argument makes sense for one of us, but for the average person who only has one tool it greatly extends their functionality.  Those types of people only have one tool and use it, and don't usually say "you know, I'll bet the SwissTool Spirit would be a heck of alot more comfortable, ergonomically speaking."  Chances are they will just do what needs to be done, turn to whoever they are with and say "Thank God someone here watched MacGuyver!"

And as for those of us here, many of us are collectors and have to have them simply because we don't already!

Def

Did MacGuyver use a multi-tool?  Didn't he save the day with just a rubber band, a paper clip, a mint-flavored toothpick, and some oven cleaner?   ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 04:26:37 PM
And a SAK... can't forget the SAK.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 02:42:34 AM
It's here! (Not sure what the delay was all about. Oh well.) It's finally here!

bit driver.jpg
* bit driver.jpg (Filesize: 63.36 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 04:06:19 AM
So, you gonna tell us about it or what?  :pok:

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 04:11:36 AM
Well.....it's not for me, so I don't feel right about opening the package. Hey Raukodur, you still want this Bit Extender?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 04:16:42 AM
That's right... I forgot it wasn't for you.

:-[

Def

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 09:09:08 AM
Yep  :D Glad its finally arrived, but I really wouldnt mind if you want to take it out and play with it a bit before sending it on to write down some informed opinions of its design and function.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:02 PM
The bit extender arrived this morning, really is quite a nice little tool, fits very snugly between the elastic sides of the sheath.

Thanks for everything Bob  ;)!

I will try to put up some pics of the extender, and the special bits Bob sent me later   :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%