Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

KLARUS MI X5

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
KLARUS MI X5
on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
Does anybody have any experience with these? And how does it compare to the quantum d2?

Currently I only edc a photon freedom and really need to upgrade to something more luminous and yet really compact...  :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

bavaria Offline achindoon

Re: KLARUS MI X5
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:14:00 PM
I had both  8)
And both are really small and bright for their size. Both have also a twisty mechanism and cold white light. The Quantum has no reflector and the Klarus has a just adequate reflector.
The main difference is the energy supply. The Klarus uses the AAAA (yes, 4xA) primary batteries you will have to order via the internet. They have a sufficient runtime on mid.
In the Quantum there is this micro-Li-Ion-accu, that will last 5-7 Minutes on high. And most of the time you will use the 100% setting. So if you really want to use this light you need to have spare batteries or charge it daily before leaving the house. Moreover i don't like the idea of having a unprotected Lithium-battery in my pocket and also don't trust the subtle threads on that lights. When i ordered the Klarus it was only available in gold colour, whats not really my taste.

Actually i'm using my smartphone instead of that microlights. It has almost the same felt brightness, i have it with me anyway and i don't need to do additional battery maintenance. And when i know that i might need a light, i take with me a real flashlight like my HDS Clicky High-CRI, Surefire E1D or Zebralight H31w that are also quite small, but satisfy me more in runtime, beam and durability.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%