Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does any sak have both the phillips and the corkscrew on the bottom?

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Ooo I like Marmite  :tu:

Whats marmite like?

That's actually really tough to answer.  It's a by-product of beer making, almost totally made of yeast.  It a thick, dark brown, sticky stuff and you use it very lightly.  One common mistake folks do, who end up not liking the stuff, is spread it far to thick.  The flavour is far too strong for that and can just overpower the taste buds.  In flavour it's a little salty and is a strong savoury tang, but really I can't think of anything that you might have encountered that I could possibly compare it to.

Sorry that I can give a better description of the flavour but like beer, it's an acquired taste. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
(Image removed from quote.)
could you eliminate the dead space between the reamer and the philips so you wouldnt need the 3 layer spacer? :think:
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Unless I am misunderstanding, I can't see any way of eliminating the 3 layer spacer because of the way the phillips sits.  :think:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:07:37 PM by Benner »
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Before anyone thinks "couldn't you just flip the phillips round", the answer is no as the hole for the pin is not central.  I looked over it the other day wondering if you couldn't drill it out larger in order to do so but you'd end up with so little metal either side of the hole it'd probably snap on first use :(
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
lets see if i can explain it better. put the philips in the layer next to the reamer, use an end plate to replace the existing one and then the philips should sit in the two middle layers.. following?
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
lets see if i can explain it better. put the philips in the layer next to the reamer, use an end plate to replace the existing one and then the philips should sit in the two middle layers.. following?

If I'm understanding correctly that wouldn't work because they would be no room for the mid-layer backsprings.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
I wish Vic and Wenger did something like an annual concept SAK to investigate experimental possibilities.

The backside tools are a particular area that I have always thought offered greater possibilities.
[

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83

If I'm understanding correctly that wouldn't work because they would be no room for the mid-layer backsprings.

i think you are following, i guess it depends on tool layout, i was originally looking at the back of my climber and its 3 layers with a reamer, hook, corkscrew, if you take the hook and reamer out there is space for philips providing the dividing plate is replace with and one ???
- Terry Pratchett

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice

i think you are following, i guess it depends on tool layout, i was originally looking at the back of my climber and its 3 layers with a reamer, hook, corkscrew, if you take the hook and reamer out there is space for philips providing the dividing plate is replace with and one ???

:think:  That might work, the phillips tang may need a little filing and a spacer would be needed on the opener layer (perhaps made from a cut up awl).

I'll add it to my things to fiddle with list :)

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
If you take the reamer and hook out, what will hold the dogleg backspring in? You would have to cut the tang off the hook to act as a spacer.

It wouldn't be dead space either if you install a newer scissors backspring with the hook or a woodsaw/chisel. I just happened to use the Phillips/mag for the experiment.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:07:12 PM by Spork, Lord of Lime Jello! »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD