Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How much time do you spend online?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
on: September 30, 2011, 08:21:26 AM
I can honestly say that this site occupies about 90% of my online time.  The rest is spent on miscellaneous crap.  I used to be a regular at EDCF, but their switch to vBulletin turned me off.  I spend a ton of time on Ebay, but that is very closely related to here.  Amazon too, but same reason. 

What sites do you frequent, and how much time do you spend on them?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: How much time do you spend online?
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:33 AM
I spend a bit of time here and Calguns.net.  :tu: I also browse Amazon and random websites.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:08:25 AM
i usualy come on early before taking the kids to school and then back on for 10 mins when i return, i come on and off most of the day, TBH with my pc issues at the moment i dont put it on as much and i get way more done around the house and even went down the beach yesterday morning for a swim  :ahhh i have to admit i would do more if i didnt have a pc, but then look what i would be missing  ;) i might start a rule that i dont put it on till later in the day and go from there  :D

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10:56 AM
I'm here several times a day.The rest of my  time is spent on four motorcyle forums,two gun forums,and several local forums.I'm also checking in on Facebook several times a day.I spend way too much time on my computers.

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:27 AM
Well, I can't say much of my time has been spent here, since I only signed up yesterday, but I check on CPF, local and national geocaching forums, the official Haken forum (they're an incredible new Prog band) Facebook, Google+ and about 20 (Tech, news, humor) sites at least a few times a day. I'd probably spend 2 hours a day online for the express purpose of being online. Probably 2 more for actual paid work.
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 01:12:23 PM
I spend a lot of time online these days... that's what being a bit broken does to you!  :-\

I'm here and on a few other forums, scouring ebay, and also in and out of my list of blogs I enjoy. I also read a lot of news type stuff and occasionally allow myself check in on Facebook :ahhh
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 01:38:13 PM
Well if I'm not asleep and I'm not doing my tour at work I'm usually on and off all day. I spend waaayyy to much time online. Here, there, and everywhere. Thank goodness for smartphones. What did I do before I had one? :think:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 02:08:55 PM
Luckily I'm almost never online...  :P

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 02:18:59 PM
Well if I'm not asleep and I'm not doing my tour at work I'm usually on and off all day. I spend waaayyy to much time online. Here, there, and everywhere. Thank goodness for smartphones. What did I do before I had one? :think:

You mean back in the Dark Ages when you actually had to find a computer to go online with?  How passe!  :D

As you can imagine I'm here fairly often.  If I'm not online with my desktop, netbook or laptop, I'm online with my SmartPhone, although not always here.  I'm on Facebook, Google + and Kijiji a lot, plus I hit a few other sites fairly often researching pretty well anything that may catch my eye at any point.  Lately for example, I have been wanting to get a HUMVEE, and while it probably won't happen (at least not any time soon!) I have been researching them like crazy.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:24:51 PM
Im bad for getting lost on "stumble upon", usually I'm here but altogether maybe only an hour a day.  Depends how long my iPhone battery holds out.  Being new to online shopping I've kept myself close to EDCS but I'm sure I'll dip into e-bay soon enough.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 05:54:58 PM
Ebay can be the devil for sure.  I usually check in here in the AM, then throughout the day at work when I can sneak a peak on my work PC, if not that then I am using the crap out of tapatalk on my iphone.  Even with heavy use I can make my iphone last all day and night.  I don't facebook anymore, but I do read a ton of wiki articles and pretty much anything that I am interested in at any given moment, which can be anything.  I love the iphone for that, it's a pocket google-er, as in I can get pretty much any answer I need at any time.  I love it!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 07:11:29 PM
Way.  Too.  Much.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 07:52:33 PM
Oh yah I forgot about the wiki tangents a person can fall into.  I feel the same way about any smart phones/debate killers. I had a wiki app for awhile but realized the spotlight search on the iPhone will go straight to wiki if you want.  "No way man is was definitely episode 12 when Ross got his monkey on friends...!"

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:13 PM
Oh yah I forgot about the wiki tangents a person can fall into.  I feel the same way about any smart phones/debate killers. I had a wiki app for awhile but realized the spotlight search on the iPhone will go straight to wiki if you want.  "No way man is was definitely episode 12 when Ross got his monkey on friends...!"

That's exactly what I use it for!

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 10:21:28 PM
Too much! My online time is 95% here at MTO. Other time online is research and gaming. More research though.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 03:11:27 PM
So, nobody is spending time researching anatomy on the internet?  ;)
That is why we used to get internet in the olden days....   ???
:rofl:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
In the immortal words of Philip J. Fry...

"Well, thanks to the internet, I'm bored with sex."

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 04:37:56 PM
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 06:17:27 PM
I wasn't going to mention the Anatomy department, because all we would get is lies about the amount!

Good ole Fry!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
Well, my on-line time is not what it use to be. Weekdays I might get an hour or so on-line a day. Weekends a few hours a day depending on what I got going on.

As far as forums go, aside from here my time is also spent at KnifeForums as I am a Mod there. As well as a couple other Knife related forums, a few Gun related forums, a Watch forum, and a couple Gamer forums. On top of that I regularly visit several on-line knife dealers that I buy most of my knives from, I check these guys almost daily. Also a couple watch dealers, Ebay, and several gamer related sites. There is also one firearm review site I check regularly, as well as a few firearm related dealers.

Throw in the occassional jaunts over to YouTube and some other miscellaneous on-line activity and my on-line time is stretched pretty thin between places.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 07:08:26 PM
I'm a mod there too..... but I haven't been able to access it in months.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:33 PM
I'm a mod there too..... but I haven't been able to access it in months.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Back in July KF went through some upgrades that screwed stuff up. Had problems with the site but still could access it. Been fine since, at least for me. Is the site not coming up for you, or will it not allow you to log in, what problems exactly are you having?

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 08:50:08 PM
After the upgrade I couldn't access any of the Mod functions, which is pretty important for a SOSAK member since I have to add the SOSAK endorsement to new accounts.  I posted about a problem with it in the Mod's forum and was told to hit the reset or forget password button, then use the new password, log in and everything should be fine.  I did, and the site won't accept my new password or the old one.

I told James about it a while back, he said he would do something and I never heard back from him about it.  Since he's busy "out of town" I haven't bothered him again with it.

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:38 PM
Im not a mod anywhere.  I am trying to become a little more active on all my forums as i really enjoy posting.  I have just discovered a way to get along with the new format at EDCF so i will be more active there in the future. 

It seems that once i got a new job i started having a lot more free time for everything from forums to home improvement, not to mention spending a ton more time with my wife and son.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011, 01:43:33 AM
When I'm home I'm always just messing around on the 'net. This is the only forum that I belong to. I'm always just playing around and looking up different things, checking the comics, news, etc. When I'm at work I'm never on line. Seriously. Have I ever posted on here between 7am and 3pm Eastern time? ::)  ;). At the store we always have two sites up and ready-IMDb and Wikipedia. You never know what randomness you will need to look up throughout the day.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline papa_mcb

• wanna play swords?
Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:06 PM
I work on computers Friday through Monday for 10 hours each day so I traditionally have this kick arse forum and cpfmarketplace open in my browser. As for Tuesday - Thursday I frequent bladeforums on my phone from time to time but most of my time is spent with my wife and 2 boys. Plus our 6 chickens take up some of my time as well (always chasing them back it their run....lol)

england Offline macabee

Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 03:34:30 PM
Probably far too much :ahhh
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99