Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ruby scaled Cybertool 34 for $21 shipped

00 Offline 1jump2many

Ruby scaled Cybertool 34 for $21 shipped
on: October 06, 2009, 03:49:45 PM
Check out Amazon, one of their stores has the http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-CyberTool-Translucent-Pocket/dp/B0007QCP50/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1254836560&sr=8-3 CyberTool 34 in Ruby translucent scales for $14.44 and $7.07 S&H for a grand total of $21.51

1Jump2Many
[

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Ruby scaled Cybertool 34 for $21 shipped
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:59:30 PM
"Mike 56" mentioned that yesterday in another thread ;)

keep up! :twak: :P

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
Man!  It looks like I missed this deal!  there was another awesome deal at SMKW a couple of weeks a go I missed.  Some real firesale prices.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:53:06 PM
You probably didn't miss anything.  There was a SKU mix up between this and the Craftsmen.  They are going to try and fix it, but why do I feel like I am going to be getting a craftsmen in the mail.

Offline Foskey

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:55:22 PM
I have that feeling too... >:(

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:13:54 PM
not that it means anything, but I got confirmation :think:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 10:37:03 PM
I also did. But my bankcard transaction is still pending. I am not holding my breath.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 01:07:23 AM
they called us, but I missed it doh. I called back but I think they are closed now,
it can't be good news! >:(

if they cancel my order I'm gonna tell them "I'm a member of several forums and I'm leaving negative
feedback on all of them! you listed it and I believed you!" (my hard voice) :twak:

Offline Foskey

Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:10:17 AM
I highly doubt they will cancel it. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with  craftsman though.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:07 AM
When I got home there was a message from them on my answering machine.  I called them back and they said that they were out of stock.  I told them that I received a message from them that the order went through.  So then they said they didn't have anymore and were willing to replace it with a Craftsman.  At first they told me they would sell me the Craftsman for $33.  I told them that I was suppose to be getting a Cybertool 34 for $21.51 shipped.  So then came the supervisor and she told me that the only thing they could offer was a Craftsman for the $21.51 shipped.  So I agreed to that.  It's still a great price for a Craftsman.  Be advised though, they seemed to be trying to get me to just cancel my order.  I even asked about substituting the Ruby Cybertool 34 for a Sapphire and they claimed they didn't have any in stock.  So it seems you will have to stick to your guns and make them honor their price if you even want the Craftsman for the $21.51.

Buy the way, I was in no way trying to promote any web site.  I saw the thread about the deal on another forum and thought I would pass it along.  It seemed $21.51 was just too good a price not to pass along.  Evidently it was.  I have no intentions of promoting other places and don't want my actions to be construed as me being a shrill for any web site.  I was just trying to help some fellow SAK lovers out.

1Jump2Many
[

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 01:40:21 AM
Buy the way, I was in no way trying to promote any web site.  I saw the thread about the deal on another forum and thought I would pass it along.  It seemed $21.51 was just too good a price not to pass along.  Evidently it was.  I have no intentions of promoting other places and don't want my actions to be construed as me being a shrill for any web site.  I was just trying to help some fellow SAK lovers out.

Huh? I am pretty sure most of us thought nothing of the kind.

I thought you were just sharing an AMAZING deal with your friends and greatly appreciate it!  :cheers:

I'd be mad at someone for not sharing something that incredible with us!  :twak:  :D :D :D
[

Offline Foskey

Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 01:43:37 AM

I thought you were just sharing an AMAZING deal with your friends and greatly appreciate it!  :cheers:

I'd be mad at someone for not sharing something that incredible with us!  :twak:  :D :D :D

^^^Agreed!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 02:51:33 AM

1Jump2Many

Nothing to worry about here, "deal spotting" isn't discouraged.
[

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:01 AM
I sent 1jump2many a private saying when I spot deals now I post it in "private" in respect for our excellent
banner members but I did not mean to imply to him that I thought his generous actions were bad and appreciated it.

I apologize for the mis-understanding. In the past I have posted deals too but learned that our Banner
members do some great things for us and since I've stopped posting in public, but that's just me and
I stated that.

I know the people here give us a lot of leeway and let us post just about anything! (see any of Mike's and Benners threads :P )
I meant no disrespect to him or his actions, they were cool. :salute:

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 05:35:50 AM
I sent 1jump2many a private saying when I spot deals now I post it in "private" in respect for our excellent
banner members but I did not mean to imply to him that I thought his generous actions were bad and appreciated it.

I apologize for the mis-understanding. In the past I have posted deals too but learned that our Banner
members do some great things for us and since I've stopped posting in public, but that's just me and
I stated that.

I know the people here give us a lot of leeway and let us post just about anything! (see any of Mike's and Benners threads :P )
I meant no disrespect to him or his actions, they were cool. :salute:

No harm, no foul.  I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew I wasn't shrilling for anyone.  Not to mention the "deal" doesn't seem like it is going to end up being as sweet as it was initially. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you privately convey a message like that to everyone?  If there is a better way to do it, I'm all for learning.  Thanks for the explanation, it was unnecessary but I appreciate your honesty. 

1Jump2Many
[

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 06:40:40 AM
over time here I've met some good people and I'll pass along tips to them, also reading various threads I've seen people specifically say and want certain things (like this) and I'll pass that along and the word seems to travel! lol

thx again for the info on the call, I'll be ready (puts bartering hat on) :D

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 06:58:14 AM
i believe this is the place to post about deals and share them with everybody: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,24.0.html  :pok: :pok: :angel:
A

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 02:44:55 PM
i believe this is the place to post about deals and share them with everybody: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,24.0.html  :pok: :pok: :angel:

Thanks for the heads up, I now know where to go in the future.  Maybe a moderator can move the thread.

1Jump2Many
[

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 09:12:37 PM
I just called and talked to the "supervisor" and....... (drum roll)

she's giving me a "Swiss Army CyberTool Lite"! YaY! she checked and it was in stock.
she also offered the "Craftsman" but I had a list of comparable things they had on their
site.

She (Taly) was very professional and sweet. I'm impressed. She said they got a lot of orders lol
(somebody even ordered 8!)

So same amazing deal and I had to give them credit. You need to have the "ASIN" number of
the product you want and it has to be available (I made sure to check before hand)

thanks again 1jump2many for the heads up on your call :cheers:

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 09:41:35 PM
sellers do retain the right to change mind if they made a mistake,personally I would not expect a CT in the post  ;)

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:11:45 PM

Exactly, I love that you posted it, even if it wasn't exactly as advertised.

I hate it when I miss great deals, and I wonder why no one posted about it.

Not that I really needed another CT-34, but at that price it would make a great gift or mod host.

Offline Foskey

Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:37 PM

she's giving me a "Swiss Army CyberTool Lite"! YaY! she checked and it was in stock.
she also offered the "Craftsman" but I had a list of comparable things they had on their
site.

She (Taly) was very professional and sweet. I'm impressed. She said they got a lot of orders lol

So same amazing deal and I had to give them credit. You need to have the "ASIN" number of
the product you want and it has to be available (I made sure to check before hand)

Wow! Looks like you made out like a bandit! Good for you!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 11:32:44 PM

site.

Nicely done.  :tu:

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 04:49:52 AM

site.

Today, I got a shipping confirmation from Amazon and it says they are shipping the CyberTool 34.  They told me yesterday that they were out of stock and that they would replace it with a Craftsman if I wanted.  I would have rather had the CyberTool 34 but agreed to go with the Craftsman.  I called Price Pros back today and someone, I think it was Kallie, checked to see what item they were shipping.  She said they shipped the CyberTool 34.  I asked to make sure and she assured me it was the CyberTool 34.  I know something is on it's way, whether it's actually the CyberTool 34 for sure or the Craftsman only time will tell.  So now all that is left is the waiting.

There is a much larger thread on the same subject in "Deals and Auctions", where I should have placed my thread or at least checked first.  Anyway, Spoonrobot got his today and it was the CT 34!  So hopefully they are shipping the CT 34's.  Here is that thread link:  http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,14354.90.html

1Jump2Many   
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 12:45:06 PM
sellers do retain the right to change mind if they made a mistake,personally I would not expect a CT in the post  ;)

Up to a point John.  They are not beholden to sell at a mistaken price, as they don't have to deal with you if they don't want to.  But once they have taken your money and said, "we're sending you item X" they're not allowed to just send you item "Y".  Not without prior agreement anyway.  That's my understanding of it at least. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 01:33:29 PM
I got a call call from Taly yesterday she explained their was pricing mix up and they did not have enough Cybertools to fill the 125 orders they received.  :o She offered me a Craftsmen but we settled on a Cybertool Lite. She stated that they were concerned about their five star rating and they wanted to make things right. This is how you find out about companies it is easy to have a good sale when everyting goes right but the true test is how a company handles their problums. So far i would give this company a six star rating.

She also stated that if we wanted to buy fifty or more of something  she could offer us spacical priceing.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Offline Foskey

Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 02:19:39 PM
I got a call call from Taly yesterday she explained their was pricing mix up and they did not have enough Cybertools to fill the 125 orders they received.  :o She offered me a Craftsmen but we settled on a Cybertool Lite. She stated that they were concerned about their five star rating and they wanted to make things right. This is how you find out about companies it is easy to have a good sale when everyting goes right but the true test is how a company handles their problums. So far i would give this company a six star rating.

She also stated that if we wanted to buy fifty or more of something  she could offer us spacical priceing.

Hey! That's great to know! If I do in fact receive a cybertool 34. I will be more then happy to jump on board for a group buy.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 02:47:13 PM

I would say at least 25 of those orders came from this forums alone.

Offline Foskey

Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 02:55:26 PM

I would say at least 25 of those orders came from this forums alone.

Easy! I would go as far to say that is probably being a little humble in the numbers.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 03:21:13 PM
When i talked to her she told me that most of the 125 orders came from forums and was surprised on how fast we spread the news about the 14.00 Cybertools and said that she wanted to do business with us. I had a hard time passing up a 14.00 Cybertool but i like to giving Tim most of my SAK business. Most the the time his prices are as good as any one else's and even if he is a few dollars more i buy from him. You can trust him and he allways willing to help you out. But maybe they could work us some deals on other knifes and multi tools.
Mike

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD