Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Favorite JDR Tool

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Re: Favorite JDR Tool
Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 08:29:39 AM
I'm really looking forward to those G-10 wallet scrapers and whatever model the other thing is... any update? :D

The 1/8" tools were a failure.  :-[  The material was just too thin. We will be working on some thicker G-10 stuff right after the Holidays.  :tu:

Kinda figured. :D
Looking forward to it. Atleast hoping some wallet-sized ice scrappers will come out of it. :2tu:
Got those frog legs.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 04:19:32 PM
I'm really looking forward to those G-10 wallet scrapers and whatever model the other thing is... any update? :D

The 1/8" tools were a failure.  :-[  The material was just too thin. We will be working on some thicker G-10 stuff right after the Holidays.  :tu:

Looking forward to it. Atleast hoping some wallet-sized ice scrappers will come out of it. :2tu:

Question:  Would a compromise between G-10/metal wallet scrapers work better?  Since G-10 is often used as scaling material, what about having it form a taco shell of sorts to insert a piece of steel (insert kind here, doesn't have to be fancy or pretty looking, just needs to add more rigidity and strength), and see if the added thickness needs to be less with a combo material compared to G-10 only? :)

Offline Precise

• I can haz multitoolz nowz?
Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 11:01:13 PM
What a kind of G-10 sheath/cap thing that fit with a replaceable razor blade. Just a thought. I have this plastic doo-hicky I keep in the kitchen that holds a razor blade and its good for scraping stuff off the stove. I'm sure a G-10 one could be smaller and with a cap thing to fit in a wallet.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:26 PM
What a kind of G-10 sheath/cap thing that fit with a replaceable razor blade. Just a thought. I have this plastic doo-hicky I keep in the kitchen that holds a razor blade and its good for scraping stuff off the stove. I'm sure a G-10 one could be smaller and with a cap thing to fit in a wallet.

... wuh?

Question:  Would a compromise between G-10/metal wallet scrapers work better?  Since G-10 is often used as scaling material, what about having it form a taco shell of sorts to insert a piece of steel (insert kind here, doesn't have to be fancy or pretty looking, just needs to add more rigidity and strength), and see if the added thickness needs to be less with a combo material compared to G-10 only? :)

I thought that'd defeat the purpose of the project? I think it'd require more work and thus ruin the price point. XD

Though maybe a series of 440 models would help, though I think the issue is just the whole handmade thing taking up lots of time. :think:
Got those frog legs.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 11:27:50 PM

... wuh?

I thought that'd defeat the purpose of the project? I think it'd require more work and thus ruin the price point. XD

Though maybe a series of 440 models would help, though I think the issue is just the whole handmade thing taking up lots of time. :think:

But if the metal was used as a backbone, it could be rough and extremely thin; all that would have to be done is cut out a rectangular piece of metal and slip it into a G-10 taco shell; the metal itself doesn't even need to look pretty or have clean edges. :)

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #65 on: December 10, 2009, 01:48:14 AM

That is a fantastic idea, but the reason for the G-10 tools was to try and come out with a budget tool. If we use your idea it would simply take too much time. We could have them CNC'd, but Joshua wants to put out a handmade product.  :tu:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #66 on: December 10, 2009, 01:58:32 AM

Which part failed? Bottle opener?

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 02:04:08 AM

Yes, it sure was...
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 02:05:20 AM
What about just omitting the bottle opener, then?  It can be a dedicated wallet scraper in the thin G-10.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 02:23:19 AM

Yes, it sure was...

PMing you a possible solution.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31