Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One piece tool observation.

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Re: One piece tool observation.
Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 04:39:32 PM
I think it carried on from when most bottles needed a bottle opener even pop bottles and there was a big need then,maybe no one has told them most bottles use screw tops now  :think:

Not good beers  :cheers: :drink:

-Dough
W

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 05:15:36 PM
I know some do have screw tops these days but maybe they're not popular round here  :think:  I'm pretty sure I've never had a bottled bear you can unscrew.  I don't drink a great deal but I still consider a bottle opener to be important on a pocket tool.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
They are pretty rare over here and even the ones I have had have been so tight and sharp edged that I have used a bottle opener anyway.
I'm back!!

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 01:26:13 AM
I think it carried on from when most bottles needed a bottle opener even pop bottles and there was a big need then,maybe no one has told them most bottles use screw tops now  :think:

Not good beers  :cheers: :drink:

-Dough

I love the dedicated beer openers, but I tend to drink beer in cans. Primarily Yuengling & Guinness. New toys are excuses to branch out & buy fancy bottled beer. 6 pack of 90 minute dogfish head was my last multitool bottle opener excursion
N

us Offline django.cj

Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 05:09:26 PM
They are pretty rare over here and even the ones I have had have been so tight and sharp edged that I have used a bottle opener anyway.
I agree. The twist offs tear up my hands. My bottle opener gets a ton of use.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 09:26:22 PM
I don't drink alcohol at all, but I do still find a bottle opener occasionally useful. Not very often but enough that when I do need it and don't have one, it pisses me off. I'll occasional buy some imported Mexican soda at the local Mexican food places that still comes in glass bottles. And not the screw off kind either. I'll also run into some root beer here and there (IBC I think is the brand, and occasionally A&W still uses 'em) that uses the screw on glass bottles, but they rip the smurf out of my hands so bottle opener it is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%