Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Command & Conquer

rp252 · 44 · 3121

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Command & Conquer
on: October 17, 2009, 03:17:47 AM
So that's what it is. Looking at the little bitty flags on the forum I always though it was a scorpion on the flag.  :P

Lol...  The welsh SCORPION! 

That reminds me of Command & Conquer...  Does anyone remember the Brotherhood of NOD?  My favourite three words in the whole game "Nuclear Warhead Available" :D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Command & Conquer
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:22:00 AM
So that's what it is. Looking at the little bitty flags on the forum I always though it was a scorpion on the flag.  :P

That reminds me of Command & Conquer...  Does anyone remember the Brotherhood of NOD?  My favourite three words in the whole game "Nuclear Warhead Available" :D
I still consider myself one of the Kain faithful :salute: :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Command & Conquer
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 10:32:59 AM
there's talk of a C&C MMO...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Command & Conquer
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 10:36:34 AM
Now that would be quite cool :)

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Command & Conquer
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:18:18 AM
except we'd all want to be commandos... yelling "I got a present for ya!" all the time...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:23:04 AM by Whoey »

Command & Conquer
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:19:04 PM
except we'd all want to be commandos... yelling "I got a present for ya!" all the time...
Maybe I could play Tanya then :drool: :D

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Command & Conquer
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:11:59 PM

CHA-CHING!  HAHAHAHA!

I've actually been playing some old C&C lately--mostly Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun.
- Terry

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Command & Conquer
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 04:09:13 PM

"Ha ha ha... that was left handed"  Commandos rock! (apart from against vehicles)

Or play with Tanya eh?  Hell yeah  :drool:

:D

Or you could be a tesla trooper from Red Alert... "Fully charged!"  "SHOCKING!"  :D  Oh the nostalgia :)

Command & Conquer
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 04:29:48 PM
I'm not adverse to playing with her :angel:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Command & Conquer
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:46:22 PM
almost makes me want to order a copy of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_The_First_Decade

Command & Conquer
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 10:23:03 PM

ca Offline jzmtl

Command & Conquer
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:31:55 PM

I still have CDs of CC, RA1, and RA2.  :D The nuke in CC is what it should be like, not the nerfed version in RA1/2.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Command & Conquer
Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 11:55:28 AM
some low quality sounds at the bottom of this page: http://www.r1ch.net/old/c&c/

:P

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 12:09:21 PM
almost makes me want to order a copy of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_The_First_Decade

I've got that, it rocks.  Well worth the money.  I got my copy for £10... bargain.

Kudos to whoever made this into its own thread...  someone trying to stop a Brit derailing yet another thread?  :D :D

Tell you what else I loved about C&C - the 'warm up' sound for the obelisk of light.  When you heard that buzzing sound you just knew there was a whole world of hurt coming your way :D

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:14:27 PM
obelisks and tesla coils... mmmm toasty troops :P

I was looking around for a bargain copy, and I think Amazon.co.uk might be my best bet... altho I'll get nailed for 4gbp on shipping (EU)

(I also split the thread)

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:27 PM
C&C is responsible for my non-game playing.   I loved it, completed it, moved on to Red Alert and realised my life was being sucked away in front of it.  

I'm an addict and know I dare not return :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 12:25:34 PM
I worked my way through them as they came out with my roommates and some co-workers of mine at the time... we used to have LAN parties and do 2vs2 or 3vs3 battles... it was epic. Many beers and pizzas were involved.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 03:39:44 PM

That is exactly why I've been playing it again lately.  I just bought that for $30 from Newegg.  It's nice to have them all on one DVD, and two of the games don't require that you use the DVD anyway.

I have a somewhat old Pentium M laptop that I love to use, and the old 2D C&C games (prior to Generals) play great on it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:41:46 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 05:26:03 PM
I play C&C Generals: Zero Hour quite a bit.
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 06:50:31 PM

That is exactly why I've been playing it again lately.  I just bought that for $30 from Newegg.  It's nice to have them all on one DVD, and two of the games don't require that you use the DVD anyway.

I have a somewhat old Pentium M laptop that I love to use, and the old 2D C&C games (prior to Generals) play great on it.

Not on Newegg.ca...  >:(

C&C is about the only big name RTS I never got into, and not really for any reason except that I didn't really have anyone else around that was into it.  When Whoey and I were in the same time zone and I could have played with him, I had no computer to play.

Still, I'd be interested in grabbing a copy and giving it a shot even today.  I still play StarCraft once in a while, although I am usually into Galactic Battlegrounds these days.  It's a Star Wars RTS built on the AOE engine.  It would be kinda cool to have a giant Multitool.org game of pretty well anything!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 07:13:32 PM

Not on Newegg.ca...  >:(

C&C is about the only big name RTS I never got into, and not really for any reason except that I didn't really have anyone else around that was into it.  When Whoey and I were in the same time zone and I could have played with him, I had no computer to play.

Still, I'd be interested in grabbing a copy and giving it a shot even today.  I still play StarCraft once in a while, although I am usually into Galactic Battlegrounds these days.  It's a Star Wars RTS built on the AOE engine.  It would be kinda cool to have a giant Multitool.org game of pretty well anything!

Def

You can find disk images of C&C on the net, or I can get you a copy if you want.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 07:26:07 PM
I have thought about that.  I figured if it was relatively inexpensive (most old games are pretty cheap these days!) then I'd just buy it rather than dl it.  But, if I can't find it or it's overpriced then HELLO INNERNET!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 08:04:33 PM
heh I'm in opposite situation, have tons of disks but don't play anymore so don't know what to do with them.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 04:10:27 AM
I still occasionally play RA2 and RA2: YR.  I had the original C&C discs years ago but I lost them. :(
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 04:12:47 AM
If you want disappointment, when I was into Amigas big time, my all time favorite was Dune II. It was a fantastic game and I spend countless hours playing it back in 93.

Then in 1996, I upgraded finally to PCs. The first game I bought was Dune II. What a letdown that was. The Amiga version was so much better. It had better graphics, sound, and playability.

I love RTS games. I have played them all over the years. My favorite right now though is Command and Conquer 3, Kane's Wrath. Come to think about it, I probably still have all my old C&C games somewhere upstairs.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 04:14:20 AM
RA2 doesn't seem to run on Win xp well. My current computer has 6x the speed, 10x the RAM, and dedicated video card runs it pretty much same as my old one. When there are a lot of objects on the screen the frame rate really suffers.  :think:

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 04:45:40 AM
RA2 doesn't seem to run on Win xp well. My current computer has 6x the speed, 10x the RAM, and dedicated video card runs it pretty much same as my old one. When there are a lot of objects on the screen the frame rate really suffers.  :think:

I get lagging on my computer too but it's not too bad.  I only notice it when I'm launching my super weapons (nukes).  Despite the slowdown, it's still fun to play.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 04:51:20 AM
Oh yeah, when nukes go I can literally count one frame from the next.

Now that I have two HD's I'm thinking install win 98 on the other one and play the old games on it.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 05:48:43 AM

You may want to see if there is a patch available.  I play RA2 on my old laptop w/XP and it plays perfectly, but that's from the most recent version on the "decade" DVD.
- Terry

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 06:25:40 AM
Thanks I'll look into that. Mine's the first version, was a gamer back then and got it as soon as it was released.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%