Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I am sooo cursed

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
I am sooo cursed
on: October 17, 2009, 03:17:40 PM
I bought a badly beaten up Swiss Champion from a pawn shop awhile back, sent it to Vic (state side) to see if they could repair it.

Come to find out no deal.  So here is my CURSE I have to pick out something for their web for 50 % off.

Just think a Heritage for $250.00  :ahhh  (actually $247.50)  ;)

What would you go for? ???

* Heritage.jpg (Filesize: 3.58 KB)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:23:05 PM by Swiss Man »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: I am sooo cursed
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:46:06 PM
I'd be sorely tempted at that price :gimme:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:33:36 PM
maybe something with Gold or Silver in it?  :pok: :pok:

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 06:41:39 PM
Morally... I don't think I could. $150 would be the limit! :D :D :D
Got those frog legs.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 07:01:01 PM

Hang on....

... you, morals?  :think:
I'm back!!

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:04:02 PM

Hang on....

... you, morals?  :think:

I have a few! A couple... :D
Got those frog legs.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:19:04 PM
Most of his "morals" have to do with money and that's about it as far as I know.  :)  Just kidding Frog.
Swiss Man,
I'd say you were pretty darn lucky rather than cursed.  That's a fantastic deal if you can afford it.  But, if were looking for a user rather than a shelf queen, I might choose one of the Cyber tools or other swiss champs instead.  But that just me. 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

00 Offline Bill.H

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 03:49:02 AM
Get the Heritage - at the very worst you could trade it for a BUNCH of stuff then sell half of it. Hopefully you won't have to do that, though.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 04:37:39 AM
Oh man I gotta go to the pawn shop tomorrow!! :ahhh
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 05:17:35 PM
maybe something with Gold or Silver in it?  :pok: :pok:

Good thinking.
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 02:12:44 AM
I bought a badly beaten up Swiss Champion from a pawn shop awhile back, sent it to Vic (state side) to see if they could repair it.

Come to find out no deal.  So here is my CURSE I have to pick out something for their web for 50 % off.

I got the same deal from them.  Did you deal with "Cheryl"?  I sent in my first SAK to be refurbished.  It took them 7 weeks to do a poor job.  A couple weeks after I sent my first SAK I got a GAK and thought I would see if they could do anything to it.  She called me and told me they couldn't fix the GAK and offered me the 50% off.  I didn't take them up on it though.  I thought about the Heritage too.  But I still think $250 is way too high.  Just because they are a limited production, 1884 of them.  I don't understand whey they didn't make a Limited Production model and also make a mass production model of that style.

[

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 02:21:58 AM

I got the same deal from them.  Did you deal with "Cheryl"?  I sent in my first SAK to be refurbished.  It took them 7 weeks to do a poor job.  A couple weeks after I sent my first SAK I got a GAK and thought I would see if they could do anything to it.  She called me and told me they couldn't fix the GAK and offered me the 50% off.  I didn't take them up on it though.  I thought about the Heritage too.  But I still think $250 is way too high.  Just because they are a limited production, 1884 of them.  I don't understand whey they didn't make a Limited Production model and also make a mass production model of that style.

I so wish they would make a mass production model of it... I think it would make an excellent gentleman's knife, without needing to add custom scales. XD

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 03:38:58 AM

That is my thought also.  If it was a run of 1884 and then no more EVER then I would be tempted but isn't there suppose to be four series or is that the Wenger only? :think:

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 06:03:47 AM

Come to find out no deal.  So here is my CURSE I have to pick out something for their web for 50 % off.

Just think a Heritage for $250.00  :ahhh  (actually $247.50)  ;)

I got the same deal from them.  Did you deal with "Cheryl"?  I sent in my first SAK to be refurbished.  It took them 7 weeks to do a poor job.  A couple weeks after I sent my first SAK I got a GAK and thought I would see if they could do anything to it.  She called me and told me they couldn't fix the GAK and offered me the 50% off.  I didn't take them up on it though.  I thought about the Heritage too. But I still think $250 is way too high.  Just because they are a limited production, 1884 of them.  I don't understand whey they didn't make a Limited Production model and also make a mass production model of that style.

That is my thought also.  If it was a run of 1884 and then no more EVER then I would be tempted but isn't there suppose to be four series or is that the Wenger only? :think:

Hmm, I'm not sure.  Actually Wenger's knife is called the Heritage too.  It's a limited edition but I'm not sure to how many.  I like the style a lot, it's the classic Soldier.  I just think it's way too high.  Someone had a post of a Tiffany Explorer or SwissChamp on another forum for $300.  It was sterling silver with 18k gold accent.  With the prices of these Heritage's they're going after collector's soft spot.   
[

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 06:11:44 AM
Victorinox divided the planet into 4 regions, thereby producing 1884 125th anniversary knives x 4.

The Wenger Heritage knife is rarer still at only 1893 knives worldwide.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69